Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

THANKS YOU GUYS THOSE TIPS WERE NICE....

ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS LOCATED IN GARDENA, CA....if so E-MAIL me...

i wanna hit something up with a crew or something...i need to get down with a GRAFFITI CREW...in GARDENA,CA...or L.A....

peace out

...MORNIX....

You don't ever ASK to be in a crew. Meet up with some people once you're comfortable with your handstyle and throwies. hang out with them, show them you've got style, talent and balls to match. If they like you enough as an artist and a person, you will be invited to join the crew.

Or, just get a few people together and start your own crew

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You don't ever ASK to be in a crew. Meet up with some people once you're comfortable with your handstyle and throwies. hang out with them, show them you've got style, talent and balls to match. If they like you enough as an artist and a person, you will be invited to join the crew.

Or, just get a few people together and start your own crew

i live outside a larger city and i dont know where any crews bomb, besides the middleschool kids who write Sur13 everywhere. are most crews inner city?

Graffiti is everywhere mate. If i were you and you want to start meeting writers, i would hit places were ALOT OF PEOPLE will see it. Just make sure you handstyle/peices are up to scratch first. Hit drains if there are any. Eventually you will meet someone and then they will ask "yo mate what do you write?". You tell them what you write and then if you bombed places were alot of people can see, they can say "Oh ye ive seen you up bro". They wont think your some useless toy so i guess they would like to talk to you.

i seriously hope that made some sense

most of this stuff is great advice. some absolutely essential tips are:

. never brag infront of people. even thought you think you are a great writer there is always atleast a thousand people better than you.

.do not....DO NOT, hit steel straight away. if your stuff looks shit on a wall, it will look pitiful on a train.

.dont dress like a writer. this has been covered, but take it from me this will save you.

.never ever become cocky. once you become confident you can easily escape a situation...you will get caught. think everything through slowly and rationally. this being said, you are a writer, not james bond or tom cruise in mission impossible.

.if you are writing because it is "the cool thing to do" , give up now. no one owns writing, writing owns us. writing is a way of life and it will make you its bitch. treat writing well and it will reward you....be an idiot and prepare to get slapped.

.....pffffffffft, lighten the fuck up and enjoy writing.

gents_one....the derelict, Well said mate.

never ever become cocky. once you become confident you can easily escape a situation...you will get caught. think everything through slowly and rationally. this being said' date=' you are a writer, not james bond or tom cruise in mission impossible[/b']

Never become a cocky cunt ever. Always think your work is shit and you will only improve. But then, being like james bond or tom cruise is a good thing. Doin trains and hot spots you need stealth, timing and teamwork (only if you working in a group). You dont want to walk into a yard or a hot spot unprepared and just run around that area like a mental patient. True?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH YOU FAGGOTS ARE RECRUITING MEMBERS IN THE YARD

in my opinion crews are fucking stupid. its funny when members of a crew dont even know other members and shit. a crew should be a buncha niggas that drink and parlay with eachother and got each others back, and start their own shit. i will never join a crew if i dont know or kick it with the people in it. asking to join a crew is the toyest shit i have ever heard

yeah that made some sence' date=' basically i just gotta put up more and ppl will find me is what i think your trying to say.[/quote']

Not so much where the general public will see it, but more writers.

Like day spots. Do lots of peices in day spots.

it's probaly been said b4 but start out with basic block and bubble letters. until you get them down don't even try big pieces. start out just drawing your shit in a notebook and then move up to a chill wall and then when u have your shit down search for your own spots. never cross out a piece unless u r positive you can do better. try your hardest to get down the basics of everything, tags, handstyles, throw-ups, rollers, wheatpaste, stickers, and then go bombing.

its been stated a million fuckin times here...but I can't stress enough the importance of PRACTICE!!!! going out and dropping your crappy, non-stylish, amatuer scribble will do nothing more than give you a shitty name. the only kind of recognition recieved from that is " hey there goes that fuckin toy !" keep yourself calm when you go out and crush... dont panic everytime a car goes by... make sure that if you roll with a crew, that everyone in it is down to throw blows with you instead of leaving you to get pummeled by the guys whose throwie you dissed... and if you get popped....STOP FUCKING TALKING!!!!!

I forgot who's interveiw it was or whatever, but the dude was saying bit e if your a toy, whats gonna fuckin` happen your gonna be called a toy once again. Use other peoples styles if you fuckin want - don't fuckin` use the same name or quote the other person but If your, ohh that a looks sick. or something than use the basic letter construction. And if you are toy status don't hit up everywhere or if you think your styles "fresh" but noone else does they are not hatin` they probably are right. And if you wanna get up w/ a crew or something find out who they are first- don't be like I write (some name.) what do you write. Use common sense also. If your pretty new look at rollers and shit, Try and do block letters like that possibly fade colors through it 3-d the bitch and add an outline(forcefeild whatever) and your done. But try it in a ditch or on plywood first.

Also if you wanna become "king" status or what ever like sick ass bomber as JA or whatever you have to be a crazy bastard. Watch sate your name if you can. These guys don't give a fuck, you go out and just hit everything up- thats cool and all but don't just walk down to walmart and hit up the side of it with- " PUNK ROCK RULES" that shit is hella GAY. Develope style in your throwups/bombs, repetition and flow is what makes it crazy. big ass letters is good too but longer than repitition. Climb on shit and get up in places where average people would be like "How the fuck did he get up there?" and other writers will wonder. This will get you respect. peace for now.