Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
When gettin chased...ditch your paint in drains

When getting chased its better to ditch your paint/any materials right at the start, or as youre running along. Because if you wait to dump it into drains/garbage cans by the time you get to that you might already be caught.

nuh bro. I was talking about the drains on the side of the streets. You know what im talkin about? Whenever i get chased i throw them there and its all good. There are one of those drains beside the road like every corner

I know which ones your talking about, but in alot of cases actually most, your cans cant fit into those openings. I dont know about where you live but out here theres a regulation on those things, the openings in the grills are like 1 inch and half wide, not nearly big enough to hold a can. But i have been to other places where the drains are big enough to throw a can under, but those are like in residential areas where i wouldnt be tagging anyways.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Sep 5 2005, 04:39 AM

I know which ones your talking about, but in alot of cases actually most, your cans cant fit into those openings. I dont know about where you live but out here theres a regulation on those things, the openings in the grills are like 1 inch and half wide, not nearly big enough to hold a can. But i have been to other places where the drains are big enough to throw a can under, but those are like in residential areas where i wouldnt be tagging anyways.

I live in Australia and the drains on the side of the road hear are massive and you can throw one can down there easy with no problem. So that advice i just gave are probably directed to writers who live in australia or places where the drains on the side of the street are big

Originally posted by Wire@Sep 3 2005, 04:05 AM

Don't dress like a "tagger" or a "bomber", with far too large pants and shoes that are supposed to make your penis look bigger. Wear shit you can run and climb fences and roll around in the mud in. Also, invest in a pair of bolt cutters and a comfortable bag (Backpack, sling pack, paint bag). Never proudly display any of these things.

seriously....when you go on a mission...the whole key is to dress as plainly and boring as possible. Dress to be of no interest to onlookers. more importantly, wear stuff you will not be afraid to ruin if required.

Do not brag to people about what you do. Word spreads faster than you think to all the wrong people.

• 2 weeks later...

1560973102.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'm telling you...I dress like this guy most of the time, so no one even looks twice at me...except for all the big booty girls, of course.

I don't know what some writers are thinking when they put on all that floss, when the plan involves going out to apply paint and ink manually. It must be an extention of their devil-may-care attitude.

My uniform, as a rule, is this- brown Dickies or some other dark work pants that are hemmed, tapered and ready for action...two t-shirts, a dirty sweater, long socks, stinky sneakers and a hat...also stinky, of course. Oh, and a messenger bag, of course. In the winter, I'll add my long underwear, my annual $70 rain shell, some kind of winter cap with earflaps, lots of wool and a bottle of 100 proof schnapps in the bag for moral support.

The first time I met Tie (RIP) in 1996, he was dressed in full winter battle gear not unlike mine...in July, on foot, while daytime bombing. He must have known something I didn't...Also, a few years ago, my friend showed up at a Halloween party wearing a dirty black hoody, cut off & stained Bens, Converse lo-tops, no socks, a ripped up white t-shirt and a messenger bag...everyone got the joke. I thought it was hilarious, myself...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...I've done that, too. The trick is not to get paint on the suit. I knew a housepainter who, one time, was asked by some bourgeoisie piece of shit what his credentials were...he showed up in a tux the next day, and painted an entire room with hi-hide white enamel WITHOUT SPILLING A DROP ON HIMSELF, or the floor.

How many of us could do the same?

Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 11 2005, 09:26 AM

Yes...I've done that, too. The trick is not to get paint on the suit. I knew a housepainter who, one time, was asked by some bourgeoisie piece of shit what his credentials were...he showed up in a tux the next day, and painted an entire room with hi-hide white enamel WITHOUT SPILLING A DROP ON HIMSELF, or the floor.

How many of us could do the same?

now thats some shit

Originally posted by why write?@Jan 31 2005, 05:37 PM

For all you writers that have just started and need to ask questions and want some tips....here you go.

General Tips:

- always keep your mouth shut

- never tell people you dont trust that you write graffiti

- dont 'tag up' your backpacks/shoes/hats and other things people will see

- dont write on your school

- keep on a low profile

- avoid any contact with police

::::If police arrest you for painting:

- never say anything, dont say that you did it or did not do it...just keep your mouth shut

- tell them you will not speak until you have a lawyer present

- never rat out your buddies

- dont fall for their phony tricks "oh we will let you go if you just tell us who does it and blah blah blah", it is just a trick to mess with your head to get information out of you

Painting Tips:

- dont go straight out to the streets and make yourself look like a fool

- start by practicing at a chill wall that no one will see, if not a chill wall...get plywood or posterboard or cardboard and anything just to practice till you get it down

- dont go straight out and buy 20 cans of montana and waste your money on some toy shit, buy dollar cans just to start off

Tips on Sketching Pieces:

- at first stay simple ;

this means -simple letters, simple colors.

- master block letters and letters on your keyboard at first then progress from there

maybe i will add more later.

...seriosly read up on this... i learned that shit the hard way...

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by suca@Nov 20 2005, 07:15 PM

so whats the deal when it comes to security cameras?i cant imagine they can get a good picture of someone when its dark out, but how effective are they typically?

buddy of mine has a family member who works for the FBI. says they have cameras that can display a picture clear as day using no light. As in, its pitch black, but they can see you like its the middle of the day. I think its still pretty high end though, not what most people would use.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by *elusive artist*@Dec 3 2005, 09:53 PM

im a new tagger :gaga: , and i was jus wonderin, where are the best places to bomb? where can my tags be seen? what about on house fences, is that ok? someone please post, so i can get da 411. :crap:

personally i would not paint on someones house or fence. thats just me though. a business and corporate and city places whatever. but someones home and there shit. i wouldnt. cause to buff it or whatever comes out of there pocket. not a business's or whatever. and i look at like i wouldnt want someone painting on my house my fence my car. but the places i worked for i dont care. im not the one that has to buff it if any. so thats fair game to me.

Alright first of all. I no all you toys got your dreams set on being in the dopest crews in your town. Think again. Its better to be in a crew with all your closest writing buddies then a crew full of randoms. Why, i hear you ask? Because if your in the dopest crew in your town and you dont know them that well, they could just be using you to get their name up. They could also backstab you. Graffiti is a very dangerous game to play. Once your in deep enough, you cant get out. Most of the crews around now days have started off with a group of mates that are all tight and shit. Its complicated, but you toys will hear stories about the crews in your town and get the jist of things eventually. Make your own crew with your mates and maybe one day, with alot of practice, your crew will be one of the dopest crews in your town.

Dont give a fuck what anyone else says. If friends tell you to stop because its bad. say "fuck you" and walk away. If a bitch makes you choose between her and graff, dump the hoe. Shes a selfish bitch if she makes you choose between what you like to do and her.

If in 6 or so months of writing and you dont like your stuff and dont see any improvement, i say stop. Graffiti is not for you. If your commited about doing graffiti you would practice and practice whenever you have a pen and paper in your hands.

My friends brother for instance. He started sketching when he was about grade 3. Thats about 8 years old. He started painting when he was around 12. by the time he hit 15, he was known across the town. Just because your young, doesnt mean you cant be good. Dont be intimidated or scared. When your down at your local drains or even the train yard and you see other writers, dont be scared and run away. Talk to them, most likely they will have a chat with you and give you good tips.

When you first start off, find a chill spot you can piece where NO ONE can see your pieces. You have to find a chill spot because you gotta practice. You dont want to hit the town and pull off some wak shit then hear the next day that people are baggin you and calling you wak. Once you got your pieces tight, then you can hit the town.

Dont start off buying beltons, montana, krylon and all that. Your just wasting your money. Buy cheap paint to do you first hand full of pieces. You dont want to waste $15 a can to pull of some wak toy shit that will be slashed once you finished. the paint you toys use on some wak pieces could of gone to some dope writer.

anyways here are some words you toys should follow

"to the toys who destroy productions by bombing around other peoples pieces to get up in flicks. If you call yourself a writer, then respect the artwork. Or you will make graffiti look ugly - Rock Da City crew"

Anyways piece out toys. Keep writing..

GET UP OR GET OUT!.

Originally posted by prevail00@Oct 9 2005, 06:57 PM

i gotta agree with this guy

paint with a suit and tie

on prom night a few years back, i got drunk as fuck and walked out the whack hotel party and was straight bombin chinatown sportin my blinged out rented tuxedo....climbin on newstands and duckin in alleys straight pimpish with my tie half undone

luckily i didnt get any paint on my shit

Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Feb 5 2005, 01:30 AM

Smoke dust.

Buy rollerblades.

haahahahahahahahahaahaa

damn that was good...too many rbxtreeme kids write...

sure im a toy ass mother fucker,but what ever im in it cause its fun.

id like to add a rule...

dont throw shit up while intoxicated.if you want to do something make sure you are fully aware of your surroundings and shit...unless you know a sure fire way to break the police if you get caught in the act....think of doin graff like doin some army sargents virgin daughter...if you are gonna do it make sure its worth while and it wont go down untill its a off night for crime and shit. idk its just not a good idea....

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Feb 4 2005, 10:30 PM

Smoke dust.

Buy rollerblades.

I remember reading that article and thinking, "I don't care how much graff he does and how much dust he smokes. He's a fruitbooter. End of story."

Thanks for the memory...