Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm a toy and I suck at this, but my heart is set on it, ever since I first watched infamy I've always wanted to get good at this, and now comes the point in life for a hobby change, quit smoking weed and learn graffiti. BUT I SUCK AT IT. So I understand everyone says start with block letters and master that first but what is "mastered" I can do block letters fine, it's when I try starting to add things, everything looks wack as fuck, and I seem to be stuck to doing letter styles the same over and over, in other words I cannot think of new ways of doing the letter style and always come out with the same thing.. Also a problem I think I have is style consistently I'll do good on one letter then the next will look putride then the next good, and I'm stuck with one looking like a sore thumb

So I think I broke it down to a way that helps me, I'm not sketching the letter I'm sketching a picture, so I gotta focus as if it were the Mona Lisa, instead of just letters.... Got me something I was almost proud of just a couple small tweaks and I woulda called it wall worthy, but I still am far from that point. HELP: my tag styles are always putride lookin and flowin so please some tag tips

It doesn't happen over nyt. Don't beat yourself up. Every dope hand style has a foundation of decent letters alone! They are a crew. They have to be ill together but they have to be ill apart as well.

Block letters are cool but don't forget consistant look WITH FUNK. Curve a spine or two. Tilt a letter a few degrees..feel me? Be different. DON'T BITE. But practice till it hurts. Then practice more!

Make your mind up..u wanna be a bomber a burner or a bum! Whatever u decide stick to it.

Don't chase no crews. If they want u they will come.

If your tag is wack alone..it won't look fresh just because u got famous letters beside it. Be your own man.. Don't wait for people to go out with you..you feel it-GO!.

Above all things...have fun. Get busy and BE CAREFULL

Hello My name is Raven907 ive been trying to get into graff for a while and I dont have any friends who are into graff as much as I am. so if any one wants to "adopt" a toy and show him the ropes you know where to find me. . . . any tips will be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

aight im not going to lie im new to graffiti. some of the homies i know do it n shits dope so i started drawin sketches on the side. i think i got the main rules down tho

1 throwies over tags, burners over throwies, and pieces over burners better pieces over pieces ect.

2 don't go over shit unless either A its dissed or B u gona do it right buff the whole bitch n go harder than the last writer that was up.

3 go hard go all city n fuck shit up.

4. don't waste money on the finer paints, markers, ect until you have the skill to make good use of em

5. respect other writers n don't ask who they are or call out names in the street.

6. scope spots for cameras, undercovers, and general people who would snitch.

7. roll solo more than you roll with your crew or homies when u doin ur dirt and be a ghost in your city

(edit) *8 roll plenty of blunts.

• 3 weeks later...

Im a toy, but i have allot of mates who are fucken dope writers. but the couple of things i cant stand are cunts who paint on peoples fences and also people who write over pieces that have been there for years. There was this piece down the end of my street thats been there since i was 6. Im 16 now so its been there for 10 years, nd this toy decides to write over it.

ok, just figured out i was a toy and that sucks....but now the work begins. I know im probably bout to get burned but i jus wanted to put this up for other toys to catch.

First i'd like to apologize to the real writers for even opening my mouth

trust- i feel toyish now.

so i'm banning myself- i'll see yall in like a year or so after i quit drippin paint and sprayin fat cap lines everywhere like a retard. Thanks for all the negative comments and open flames that helpd the eyes to be opened.

You must learn and look at every style graff has to offer. I love the way people like to try and say they are original and don't bite.. Wake up graffitti has a way its done and then from there as you grow and get better you learn how to change and modify shit and if your lucky you will maybe even invent something new and go from there . But to me I am 37 and have done and practiced this art literally my entire life. Before I could even write english in elementary school I was trying to copy tags off the highway walls or trains to learn different styles. It takes years before you finally click and have that extra something that starts making your stuff pop..You have to be practicing the entire alphabet in every style you see and learn the real way, being well rounded . Maybe don't even venture out into the street until you are well versed in the rules and ethics of this game. No fake ass tags on your book bag and clothes , no running your mouth. Just write to write for the love and learn everything from handstyles to throw ups and pieces. Then try characters and burners go for the gusto and try to become a true graffiti master..Rule number one stick with the style ..Don't have a straight letter and a bubble letter put together have your stuff uniform..If you truely love it and you put in the time and practice it will come. I still blow through notebooks in a sitting , both sides of the page and now hold down 8 names in every style I can come up with just to have fun writing different letters. You start with your main name but over the years I had so many writers that had letters I liked and ideas , about changes that I wanted to try that I branched off..A real writer will write in the middle of nowhere and have it never be seen and not even care because it was about pressing that cap for the feeling of that flow ..that motion.. Fame will come , have respect and get respect.. Beef is foolish and gets people killed for what..Write for the love..Ser 71, Aw , Gc2, 7deeone gang..

• 2 weeks later...

im a toy... but im not your average toy. i got mad potential, and balls. im good at talking to the cops, racking cans, and i got a lot of time on my hands. i just need some one in my area to bomb with and show me wats up. i paint under this bridge by my house almost everynight but my name is up all over arvada. anyone in colorado down to take a toy under your wing

im a toy... but im not your average toy. i got mad potential, and balls. im good at talking to the cops, racking cans, and i got a lot of time on my hands. i just need some one in my area to bomb with and show me wats up. i paint under this bridge by my house almost everynight but my name is up all over arvada. anyone in colorado down to take a toy under your wing

Get better and shut the fuck up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived