Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
It's illegal to carry graffiti tools on you in my area, I know people who've gotten charged with it. It's not a felony offense but getting charged with anything blows dick.

where im from ive heard that they made it a felony to carry more than 3 or 4 cans on you

I'm a toy but from the previous forum i was on i learned these to other ones:

1. Never tag tombstones

2. Never tag houses

WTF??? are you serious/ someone out there is really stupid enough to not already asume hey, i dont think i should write on this tombstone. thats a dead mans property.

what a deuche

This threads dope, considering all my toy like qualities i will say at least this:

*No homes & Churches, plus choose your businesses wisely

*Its fucking 2010, everyone has video surveillance cameras, you can get em at your local walgreens for like thirty bucks, so always keep and extra eye out may i suggest a hat or long sleeve shirt for us tatted up fuckers that have records

*you do not need to make a hundred dollar charge on moms credit card to get started off, sharpie paint markers, shitty paint and the oil based heavy duty crayon things at home depot are fine, most the time your gonna want them older tags to fade fast anyway haha

*dont shit were you eat, we all have beautiful spots next to our house that are just to close, if your like me and have a drinking problem and want to do them anyway, DONT! haha

hope some of that helped, this thread is really good for some cats

ps bt dubs dont go over Anyone! One you dont know who the fuck they are, and two it fucking sucks getting punched in the face... just sayin...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Study up. Read the articles on Artcrimes, The art of Getting Over, and William "upski" Wimsatt's Bomb The Suburbs. Watch Stylewars at least three times. Then, once you've made an actual effort to find things out on your own, find a local, accomplished writer, and without acting like a ridiculous thug or chump, ask him/ her to show you the ropes and teach you about techniques, local history, etc. But don't get pissed if they say no... you have to understand that you are a toy, and toys are basically intolerable. And for christ's sake, DO NOT GO OVER ANYONE, and DO NOT TRY TO PAINT FREIGHTS. You can thank me in a couple of years.

i live upstate NY and would really like to find an accomplished writer to go out with and show me the ropes. im that person that apperciate things and dose NOT take things for granted.im more then willing to learn, but the#1 rule. keep my mouth closed its hard to find someone without them thinking im a cop.iv been in love with graffiti since i was little i rember driving around brookly with my grandma showing me all the crazy tags and always tieed it in with my drawings.but i really want to pick my game up. how do i find a accomplished writer to show me the ropes??

im just going to start bomb everthing i can. i really dont mind going by myself and working up the "worthy" factor. i do think i have some talent from feed back from friends on my airbrushing and griffiti sketches.all the people i know who like drawing and painting are not at all interested in graffiti. you would think poughkeepsie NY would have some graffiti artist but i dont see any tags anywhere when im looking at ideal spots to hit.

just draw ALOT on paper intill you get good. and look at a whole bunch of flickrs for inspiration but dont fuking go and copy all the shit that they did.try and maka something of your own and make your own style.when you do your firsts pieces do something simple just to try and get some can control.starting out with dollar cans and krylon its also good to star of with you get better can control later when you use better paint. don't go out and buy montanas and shit.rack your paint if theirs no other way of you getting it.if you wanna be a graff writer you gotta do what it takes you cant be all scared and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
get a job and become a productive member of society...95K......9 to 5 KREW for LIFE

I can't believe that you said this.

Everytime I say I BUY my paint rather than rack it, I get called a toy. I don't even know why, they just say "racking is for real artists, pussy toy-ass bitches buy it". No, racking it ruins it for everyone else.

And as long as you're not leaving a paper trail (using a credit card or debit card to buy lots of cans) then you're being smart by buying it. I'd rather not get busted for stealing paint because then I can never go back into the store.

im just going to start bomb everthing i can. i really dont mind going by myself and working up the "worthy" factor. i do think i have some talent from feed back from friends on my airbrushing and griffiti sketches.all the people i know who like drawing and painting are not at all interested in graffiti. you would think poughkeepsie NY would have some graffiti artist but i dont see any tags anywhere when im looking at ideal spots to hit.

well if you see a clean wall and it's "legal" hit that shit up.!

sometimes going by yourself is better..nobody to look after if you gotta run.

and if you got talent then show it off to the world.

• 3 weeks later...