Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
but how else are you going to find someone who knows what they are doing to show you the ropes

Learn about yards from other writers you meet there.

study different styles and letters but don't bite them.

if there's ever a graffiti jam or anything with live painting check it out watch their techniques.

you could also meet different writers there.

check out some ink recipes in the ink thread,what caps to use in the caps thread ,and different types of paint in the paint thread.

this might sound a little gay but you need to know how to talk to a writer, I'm not talking about "yo yo yo my homie dawg what be crackin do you hip hop write yo?" I'm talkin about not freaking out or asking too many questions if you're asking someone if they write.

and one of the most important is DON'T BLOW SPOTS UP. whether it be a rracking spot or a wall or a yard. dont catch tags or anything around a yard sames goes if you're on your way to a wall on the tracks don't catch tags the whole way there.

feel free to add anything I left out.

I forgot where I saved this from or who wrote it, but here it is anyway. . .

How to reduce the risk of getting caught:

Do not write your tags on your personal property, such as schoolbooks, bags, inside of your hat, back of your desk etc. If you want to practice your tag style on paper, make sure you throw the pieces of paper out when you finished. Keep your sketchbook hidden in a safe place. Keep your photos hidden in a safe place too. Doing so will make the evidence harder to find when your house is searched.

-Keep a low profile. Do not tell every writer you meet your real name & where you live, until you fully trust them. You do not want everyone to know who you are, what you write, and what your tag is. The risk of getting caught increases the more people you tell! When writers get caught, they are usually asked for information on other writers. It is possible that someone might 'spill the beans' about you accidentally or intentionally, when being questioned.

-Never tell anyone about your plans. This is one of the golden rules of not getting caught. Tip-offs are common.

-Do not write your tags close to your home or neighborhood. By doing so, you will keep your position / home-base secret. There was a writer once that bombed the trail that lead from his home to the railway station. Over time, the trail got bombed out so much that you could work out where he lived by following the tags!

-The number 1 Golden Rule of not being caught is "Make sure that you do not fit the Profile of a Writer". This simply means, when bombing, don't dress & look as a writer. Some of the best 'camouflage' you can get is geek clothing (e.g. shirts with a collar etc). Also, consider keeping your markers / spray cans in a plastic grocery bag. Keep your shoes, clothes and hands clean from spray paint. Keep your nails short too. This will prevent spray-paint from going under your nails, and becoming hard to clean. When questioned, the first thing you are asked it to show your hands.

-Check for cameras before you tag. Don't forget that some (infra-red) cameras can see in the dark.

-Want to stop your cans from rattling? Attach a magnet to the base of the can. The magnet will hold the ball bearing in place! (Round strong magnets, that fit perfectly to the base of the can).

-Wipe your fingerprints from empty cans and markers that you throw away.

-Never hit your favorite spots over again. Try to keep a random pattern of places that you hit.

-Always have an excuse or alibi ready.

bump

don't write graffiti

thats the best advise you people will get

"man this is an awesome thread, i'm a toy and this is helping me out ALOT."

fuck man, this is a bad sign

word. stop now before you cant.

Also if you wanna become "king" status or what ever like sick ass bomber as JA or whatever you have to be a crazy bastard. Watch sate your name if you can. These guys don't give a fuck, you go out and just hit everything up- thats cool and all but don't just walk down to walmart and hit up the side of it with- " PUNK ROCK RULES" that shit is hella GAY. Develope style in your throwups/bombs, repetition and flow is what makes it crazy. big ass letters is good too but longer than repitition. Climb on shit and get up in places where average people would be like "How the fuck did he get up there?" and other writers will wonder. This will get you respect. peace for now.

State your name:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2180346201335297111

• 2 weeks later...

WOW GOLD-Hunting Party This Talent Has Been Reduced to 3 Ranks

This is another well thought change and I am looking forward to see what the passive bonus is. The hunter replenishment deliver talent was out of whack when compared to the other classes that could offer the bonus as far as talent investment goes and this helps correct that issue about World of Warcraft Gold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

word. i think ice tray was very generous in his advice.

#1 toy mistake forgetting the number one rule in my book. DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU SLEEP!

Hitting up close to home is tres hotbox. I know you have the urge to hit up that stop sign at the end of ur block but don't!

Second thing for me is that I look NOTHING like what people perceive a vandal to be. I like that, you should like that too. I look like muthatfuckin Wayne Brady on an average day and I hate it when people ask me when I write if I'm going to a graff store or some shit. FUCK THAT ninja status for life.

You'll meet writers over time. Stay away from toys especially one's that have been arrested because you don't know if they like to talk or not.

You don't need all that expensive ass paint but use a decent cap already. Just buy some rusto fats and spare us the stock cap misery.

stop going on 12oz unless you wanna get jaded real fast.

i'm spent. good luck young sirs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...