Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, its better to wear 'normal' clothes (i wear a polo shirt and jeans with comfortable shoes i can run in) rather than baggy clothes. From personal experience, its better to run and jump fences in and it doesn't make you look as dodgy to cops and the general public.

If your just starting to write, use shitty cans, the only thing your gonna be doing is bombing and tagging, so its not like your gonna need to spend all that money on the montana's, it saves money (if you buy).

If your just starting, if you've got an alright throwie (as good as all the ones in your area and unique aswell) bomb whenever you can, get your name up. Just make sure there are good places and its all chill with the local crews/writers.

Find a local place, one thats chill and gets painted over every now and again, and practice...

But with all this getting up your gonna be doing, don't go voer ANYONE, ever if its the toyest writer int he area, you may cop a box cutter across your torso for going over him. And pay respect where respect is due, and expect your fair share of disrespect and hate...

Although I'm sure alot of this has been covered I figure I'll go over the basics to start writting.

TOY STATUS

-Alright so you've just realised your intrest in graffiti isn't just a faze your going through and you want to persue the art.

1) Go out and buy a pack of sharpies(if you don't already have them) *do not rack them your not hardcore* while out purchase some lined or graffing paper(this helps for keeping straight lines when needed)

2) Practice over and over basic letters also known as keyboard letters. Although it seems pointless this will help you become a well rounded writter eventually.

3) After you've gone through a couple pages, by a couple I mean like 200, start to practice bubble letters over and over again. Bubble letters are the style or rather the basic style of throwups.

4) after you've been practicing these styles for a couple months start outlining directional edges to give it the appearence of 3D. Use a ruler to do the 3Ds at first on your straight letter creations. after you have a grip on this do the bubble letters.

5) After you have a grip on giving 3d to straight letters try bubble letters. Try to follow the curve of the letters and if you lose your place just outlike the side of the letter.

6) at this point I think you should pick a set name. Up untill now you should have practiced random works with letters you found easy. Don't bite, Don't steal a NYC or LA legends name, Don't write something stupid like poo or shit or feical matter. Practice this name over and over again in both styles untill you start to develop a unique way to writer your name. Also I should mention your name should be between 4-8 letters long I know some kings names are 2-3 letters like IZ, JA, SI, JEE but you kids have the internet to help you so step it up.

7) After you have your name and your own throw up style start to work on a tag. Start out with straight letters you would see in your school text book don't try and write like some thugs like this:

stateest_1104bhts.jpg

8) Start developing again your own handstyle and don't bite off other writters.

I'll add more later but I have to get back to work aha.

I can drop quick knowledge for a sec...

IF you go racking, dont heat the place up....these kids out here (RSB-Real Street Bombers) go into the hardware store (ACE is the place) and pop the caps and the tips off the can and leave them in the aisle in plain site...thanks to them ACE installed a camera above the paint department and now I have to go to wal-mart and buy dollar cans....

IF you get caught in the act of racking...dont bullshit around, get out of the store before the heat comes down on you. I.E- A worker sees you drop a can down your shirt, you see him, he starts yelling....GET OUT! Dont bullshit around and try and make an excuse.

On writing at your school- Dont BOMB your school...taking a small tag in an out of the way place is ok every once in a while (inside the school) never put any sort of paint on the outside, because then they have to have a sandblaster called out and its a pain in the ass for them and they will photo your shit.

Before I go bombing, I wipe my cans down with a rag and dont touch them unless I have gloves on...that way you can leave them at or around the scene (unless painting freights-YOU BETTER TAKE YOU SHIT OUT OF THE SPOT WITH YOU THEN) however, its always better to dump them down the sewer or something.

On etch: Etch is ugly...etch in the hands of toys is a disaster.....nobody wants to see your shitty handstyle 365 days a year....Do Not Touch

thats all for now kids, bye bye