Beginning Bible for Graffiti Writers

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Its a bad idea because if they find out its you, you risk letting everyone in your school knowing your tag. Bad news. Its best if very few people know who you are, and less should know your tag.

P.S. Life 404 is a cop, what your back.

i dont know why people keep callin me a cop cuz its not true. give me the fuckin reason why you think that smart one.:shakehead: you keep callin people shit and cant back it up. just give me an explanation.

I've been graffiting in blackbooks for a while. I haven't sprayed anything yet but I do tag my name a lot of places. I'm just wondering why we can't tag our school?

I dont really see anything wrong,but thats my opinion.Just dont tag your school shit and dont let a teacher see your tag.

how does one prefent those bitchin drips and keep those lines straight. can some give the quick once over about good can control?

not the right thread but it's just practice man, go to a chill wall and test out your pressures and shit. it's all experience, if sombody can tell it to ya in words, good, but it's all hands on mate.

I've been graffiting in blackbooks for a while. I haven't sprayed anything yet but I do tag my name a lot of places. I'm just wondering why we can't tag our school?

The school could catch you, and when they catch you (if they are dickheads) they can tell the cops, what you tag, how you tag (even show them pics), a picture of you, your adress, phone number ect ect...

I know this is quite obvious, but in my area alot of dumb toys do this (i don't know, i guess they think its cool)... But never tag when there are people around or when it is obvious you are graffiting, you will not only attract attention but you never know who is under cover these days...

I also tend not to make it obvious you are going graffing, say you are out and you stop to get a snack and you see a friend. Don't show your cans and say your painting, this can cause many things (rival crews/writers can find out, it can spread around if they go to a party, cops can find out people are graffing)

I know this has been said before but what the hey... Find somewhere that is safe, but still has the slim chance you might get caught (for settling those nerves) to practice. Just find somewhere local thats out of the way you can go with your friends and chill out and paint for hours...

Do not brag about what kind of paint you use. I get pissed off when i hear toys talking about how they spend $200 on Montana's or Belton's when a skilled writer who can't afford cans has to steal All Purpose Spray Enamel to paint... It just makes you look like an arrogant dick an won't get you respect from people who can't afford it...

Always be concerned about your surroundings. Some people call me overly paranoid, but the only time i ever got dicked was when i was with dickheads who where loud and arrogant... your better safe than sorry, so if you think you hear voices just walk away...

And trust me, if your just starting out dont buy expensive cans. You'll probably get gone over or use it practicing, its not worth spending 15 (AUD) on something thats not going to be good and/or seen...

no because its a fucking waste of ink. and basically tagging your school is like an ego boost for you, and your school mates will think its ''cool'' cos you know how to scribble shit on the bathroom doors. and if staff see your handstyle somewhere near and compare it to yours, then you, my friend, are fucked in the anal.

heres a few tips;

. when it comes to creating letter styles, dont look just look at other peoples styles in mags or the net.

look at typeface websites such as dafont.com and try to gain an understanding of fonts pick some existing typefaces and tweak with them and pull them apart to create your own letters instead of bitting.

. you should only look in graff mags to gain knoledge on letter allignment and decoration,such as drop shadows,3d's etc.

. dont be discouraged if you do a shit piece, you wont know what a good piece is until you have done sum shit ones.

. never buy graphotism! ever!!!!!!!!!!

. if you want to bomb, watch; STATE YOUR NAME religously

heres a few tips;

. when it comes to creating letter styles, dont look just look at other peoples styles in mags or the net.

look at typeface websites such as dafont.com and try to gain an understanding of fonts pick some existing typefaces and tweak with them and pull them apart to create your own letters instead of bitting.

. you should only look in graff mags to gain knoledge on letter allignment and decoration,such as drop shadows,3d's etc.

. dont be discouraged if you do a shit piece, you wont know what a good piece is until you have done sum shit ones.

. never buy graphotism! ever!!!!!!!!!!

. if you want to bomb, watch; STATE YOUR NAME religously

probably a stupid question, but could i find state your name on youtube?:o

great thread goin on. I've been writing for 5 years now and the best advice I have is:

-go at night, the later the better

- if you feel out of place, you are

-don't let people bring you down you write because you like to

-you feel like someone is there, their there run

- don't lip the 5-0 they will drop you

-don't run untill you know the pigs looking at you

- dress write don't dress like your a thug

- don't cross out anything

-karmas a bitch

-go solo

-Respect will be given when respect is shown

great thread goin on. I've been writing for 5 years now and the best advice I have is:

-go at night, the later the better

- if you feel out of place, you are

-don't let people bring you down you write because you like to

-you feel like someone is there, their there run

- don't lip the 5-0 they will drop you

-don't run untill you know the pigs looking at you

- dress write don't dress like your a thug

- don't cross out anything

-karmas a bitch

-go solo

-Respect will be given when respect is shown

good advice, but wearing a hoodie and jeans is okay tho right? i dont wanna go out there dressed like im goin to a formal dinner.

yeah i try to only wear a plain navy blue hoddy so u dont look look ovious wit a black hoodie, and i wear a polo shirt or a pastel so i look like i got money bleedn out my ass and i wear some decent shoes that i dont mind messn up like adidas. but if u want reakl dead silent shoes wear monochrome black chuck taylors. and i wear flyp jeans cause they are nice and comfy

yeah your right life 404 I forgot alot

wear clothes that dont stand out- jeans(not too baggy), shoes that you can tie up dont try to run in timberlands

Go solo- May be more dangerious because you have no lookout but its easyer to get away and you cant get ratted out

dont say anything that can incriminate you a.e. you cant prove it, its legal or fuck you pig ive seen people get dropped becuz of the last 2

Thats the rest of my advice so go out and get up

is there anyone that can add too a "style" section of a beginning bible? I remember old growth had a tutorial w/ pics. can anyone else who's got skills like oujia or like geser (just too name 2 on this board.) who can do a pic tutorial or just tips to develope a better style?

adel just look at your favorite writers and bite there shit for a bit then try and use there style with ur name then work on makin it ur own style

I already have my own style I mean, advice on things that influence. and also shit like technique (fades, forcefeilds, highlights etc. etc.)

when u first start off with ur handstyles. make sure u go simple. yea even on your handstyles. everything u do from the start needs to be simple. as its been said many times. i cant tell u enough how i look at some tag and its got like 4 arrows. 3 stars. all connectin letters. i cant take these kinda writters seriously. and nor will people take u seriously. just my opinion

i dont know if anyone posted this but if your a toy and you wanna be good at graffiti and be a dope ass tagger... then you gotta read... read... read... learn your history... and look at mad flicks... copy good artists work in your blackbook... gain style... then start to tag.. always start off just taggin... while just taggin go into throws, then simples/rollers, then pieces.... it takes a while... im still just taggin... im mad toy... and i just look at flicks all day and sketch all day... just a little advice toy to toy... dont go over anyones shit.. ever... as espo said... you suck until further notice.....

ps... dont come on these forums and ask ma questions... it just pisses everyoe off... trust me.... i used to... lol... just read... pretty simple... and if you caant find what your looking for then try shit out yourself!

listen to him.

i only do throws, but i still stay quiet.. i bring a backpack with another sweatshirt or a sweatshirt if i'm wearing a tee. blue jeans, cause everybody wears them, and a pair a shoes i don't care if i fuck up.

fucking good idea for a thread...

i shouldnt even have to say this, but:

- Don't go over people's shit. who the fuck wants to see wack shit over something worthwhile, also, just because it is "old" or whatever doesnt make it okay to go over. the "don't go over it" rule especially applies here.

what if its like John wuz ere ?