so i drank my first beer in 7 months last night...

WhAt_dA_fUcK

i stayed in iraq for about 7 months....yes you can buy your own camera, and yes you can go to the internet everyday and use the phone everyday when ever you want as long as you are not required to do any work.......and in regards to the other question as to how many people i have killed....i dont know but im pretty sure thats not something you ask....its something you accept as the possibility of ability to do so nothing more.....which means id rather not talk about it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70.jpg

thats me...the shit on the floor is white phospherous...so no touchy.....

75.jpg

some buddies shooting a smaw and an m16 with an acog

283.jpg

lets just say that we didnt have to worry about anyone snipin' out of that building anymore....

ADay1Sunrise.jpg

right when we got back from inside the city we saw this sunset....

PICT0105.jpg

our setup for christmas.....

PICT0108.jpg

when santa claus(our chaplain) came to greet us....

60.jpg

a fallujah sunset....

PICT0129.jpg

this plane was at the air port in kuwait for our flight home...

welcome back to the motherland.

i too will get to spend some time in the states soon after a long stint overseas.

i guess designing action figures in hong kong isn't quite the same as being shot at in fallujah tho...

but on the reals, welcome back. and whether heads are for or against this war, you still deserve our most sincere thanks.

THANK YOU.

Originally posted by iquit@Jan 30 2005, 10:57 PM

welcome back. and whether heads are for or against this war, you still deserve our most sincere thanks.

THANK YOU.

This is so very important. I amv glad to know you are home safely and I hope you make the most out of your time before you have to go back...you deserve it. My friend's flight just left 30 minutes ago for Iraq..that really sucks but on the up side my husband should be home from Afghanistan in 2 weeks. You guys are awesome and I am truely grateful for that.

Enjoy that beer!

Originally posted by can of worms@Jan 30 2005, 01:25 AM

so............how many arabs did you kill?

inbred country redneck motherfucker. they are people, not numbers. nobody 'wins' in a war you fuckin idiot, so what difference does it make if he killed zero or two hundred? if he were proud of something like that im pretty sure it would have been mentioned towards the beggining, but seeing as how this guy, who i know next to nothing about, did NOT, it showes me two things. one, that even though he went to fight a war, he kept his decency and humanity, something war lacks. and two, you, who i assume is either a u.s. or canadian citizen(most people here seem to be, but it dosent really matter ) and a civilian, no less, has none yet you live in a place meant to be both humane and decent(even if you live in the fucking ghetto there arent mortar attacks or RPG ambushes, so don't compare). someone explain this phenomena to me.

p.s. you dont have to be white to be a redneck

wtf--->i grew up in a country recovering from almost a decade of civil war (Nicaragua), so i'm interested in the people there. i grew up around veterans(example; my parent's gardener who was sent to the mountains to fight when he was around 12-14). i dont remember who asked it, but did you talk to any of the locals(if so, how. they knew english? interpreter?)?

if so, did they talk back?

were they friendly to the american forces?

does the military have a policy on taking your own cameras onto the field? i remember that one picture you posted ("no cameras beyond this point") and remembering it makes me ask you this. one the one hand, i imagine it being a distraction, but on the other hand, putting myself in youjr shoes, i'd probably be focused on the matter at hand(people are trying to kill me) more than i'd be worried about taking pictures.

didja fight alongside any other nations' army?

this miight sound geeky or whatever, but if any of you grew up in a small country you'd probably get excited if someohow it gets involved in the global scene (the army managed to gather up some of their special forces and ship em to iraq) and know what it's like...anyway i digress, i dont know where they were stationed, but did you hear of any nicaraguan forces while you were over there?

i have heard people talk about seeing weird things in war(i've heard alot of war stories), i guess my last question would be(so as to stop bugging you, assuming your actually read all this) did you see anything that really touched you (kind of a dumb question seeing as how your IN A FUCKING WAR) that you feel would be apropriate or even repeatable with the class(im thinking along the lines of a GOOD thing)?

oh yeah,

and the pictures you had were approved awesome by the grand council of me.

p.s. i have alot of assumptions in what i just wrote, so feel free to correct me, i've only heard about what war is really like, but i heard it from different people about a different war, but war is war and i'll bet that they're not all too dissimilar.

-me

Originally posted by Vanity@Jan 30 2005, 04:39 PM

ha ha.. that plane is dope

yeah i forgot to mention that. i dont know if i'm the only one, but i find the airline name very fitting for the situation(going home)

wtf-->sorry, i forgot to mention that on my and on all of ch0's behalf, thank you for sharing your stories, your picutres and your time with us. we greatly appreciate it

okay this is how you make corona red......

buy a 12 pack of corona

buy some limes

buy some grenadine (cherry flavor)

open a bottle of corona add a slice of lime in the bottle....then add enough grenadine that its red...and drink....it also adds flavor to the beer....

now how the people in iraq were.... they are one of the most two faced people i have ever meet...during the initial fight of the city of fallujah we were offering humanitarian aid to civilians and 7 out of 10 of those civilians asking for food tested positive for gun powder residue....they always asked for anything and everything we had....the iraqi people are very dependant and needy ....thats why i really dont see them surviving long.....but at the same i have only seen the very bad parts of the country( every part is a bad part of the country).

i guess the best way to put it is.... its like trying to describe how sex feels to a virgin....he will only get an idea of how it is....

i have worked with the az army, navy seals, special forces and some british and independent forces.....i have not seen any nicaraguan forces over there....but it doesnt mean they werent or arent over there....

cameras are allowed as long as you are not taking pictures of anything your not supposed to ( ie. prisoners, intel reports, dead bodies...etc etc)

Hey, good to see you made it back in one piece.

I know what you mean by the iraqis being two faced. It's a love/hate relationship with the americans.

I mean we warred with them once and let them be slaughtered when they rose up against Saddam. We had 10 years of sanctions that killed a million innocent people, mostly children. And we warred with them again over nonexistant WMDs which they didn't mind so much at first but when shit was still in the dumps and people were getting looted and there is still no power in many parts of the country and people wait in lines for days for gas.... well shit sucks for them. But they need us.

It's like being in an abusive relationship.

But welcome back. Hope you don't have to go back over there.

I'm thinking about joining the air force myself... lol