Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by c. clarence@Dec 15 2005, 11:48 PM

.... do i win anything?

That was the givaway easy one. like I said "...the spot still exists so no need to mention the location. " Good try tho. Tell me where the Grey piece is, and you get a box of scrapcans!

(when you take away all the politics) grey is good, so is amaze; but I dont know about the influence statement. Twist started tons of careers, so did Dreams letters, KING 157 also was a big influence to shitloads of people nation wide...I even see some influence in this grey piece.

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by metaljockey@Dec 16 2005, 12:06 AM

(when you take away all the politics) grey is good, so is amaze; but I dont know about the influence statement. Twist started tons of careers, so did Dreams letters, KING 157 also was a big influence to shitloads of people nation wide...I even see some influence in this grey piece.

Look at graff before 2001. Everyone was doing pointy sharp skinny letters.

Grey and Amaze were the ones who made old school to be the new school. Around 2001-2002, everyone coast to coast started doing the more bold and bubbly shit. Of course, PVC they took it from their AOK predecessors. Maybe Lead on the east coast, and Mber in the midwest had a part in the paradigm shift, but everyone back then was saying it: GREY

Twist obviously influenced those guys, but i'm just talking direct noticable influence all the way to fools straight up biting.

i could'nt say it any better..

Originally posted by Dyptheria+Dec 15 2005, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dyptheria - Dec 15 2005, 08:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-metaljockey@Dec 16 2005, 12:06 AM

Grey and Amaze were the ones who made old school to be the new school. Around 2001-2002, everyone coast to coast started doing the more bold and bubbly shit. Of course, PVC they took it from their AOK predecessors. Maybe Lead on the east coast, and Mber in the midwest had a part in the paradigm shift, but everyone back then was saying it: GREY

Twist obviously influenced those guys, but i'm just talking direct noticable influence all the way to fools straight up biting.

[/b]

Originally posted by fr8 guy 79+Dec 16 2005, 02:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fr8 guy 79 - Dec 16 2005, 02:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i could'nt say it any better..
Originally posted by Dyptheria@Dec 15 2005, 08:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-metaljockey@Dec 16 2005, 12:06 AM

[/b]

Thats cool, I understand what you are sayin, and I'm not going to contest what you herd from others, but in spots like the dirty south, other heads in FS, and Network crew were pullin off some back to the basics pieces. I DON'T doubt that grey helped this movement. I see people copying his stuff here and there.

The original statement was that they were the most influential. What I said is that twist dream and king were more. Take a look and how many crews of fr8 heads are grounded with king's foundation, then people getting influenced by those guys. King rocks ill letter compositions with one sized line. Twist went on to influence a ton of the "artsy" character "writers" (which I dont blame on him cause his handstyle was so fuckin raw).

...I guess I could be wrong about grey though, I dont know what effect he could have had in europe.

Originally posted by metaljockey+Dec 15 2005, 11:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (metaljockey - Dec 15 2005, 11:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fr8 guy 79@Dec 16 2005, 02:18 AM

i could'nt say it any better..

Originally posted by Dyptheria@Dec 15 2005, 08:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-metaljockey@Dec 16 2005, 12:06 AM

Thats cool, I understand what you are sayin, and I'm not going to contest what you herd from others, but in spots like the dirty south, other heads in FS, and Network crew were pullin off some back to the basics pieces. I DON'T doubt that grey helped this movement. I see people copying his stuff here and there.

The original statement was that they were the most influential. What I said is that twist dream and king were more. Take a look and how many crews of fr8 heads are grounded with king's foundation, then people getting influenced by those guys. King rocks ill letter compositions with one sized line. Twist went on to influence a ton of the "artsy" character "writers" (which I dont blame on him cause his handstyle was so fuckin raw).

...I guess I could be wrong about grey though, I dont know what effect he could have had in europe.

[/b]

werent them aok dudes from the 70s nyc movement?? cause that where that bubbley shit came from, the 70s. right?

i aways wondered who influenced king157 cause i dont remember anybody doin peices like him except for zen in the south bay. i think he got his style from subway art. just my guess.

Originally posted by rare_breed@Dec 16 2005, 05:40 AM

werent them aok dudes from the 70s nyc movement?? cause that where that bubbley shit came from, the 70s. right?

AOK is a dope crew from NYC. As far as I know, they weren't from the early 70's when the bubble letter came out. Its my understanding that they were the guys that came just after the days of Stylewars (after '82) They are one of the crews that kept shit alive on the cleans.