Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Should feel great about it...fuck a wack ass legal wall painting yuppie. Paint some illegals before you take our walls over with your gay fonts.

I'm all for the whole fight for space and all.. but that shit just looks hurt (and rushed.) Besides, just because somebody does illegal graff for a while and then becomes a muralist, does that really make them any different than somebody who has been doing legal shit since day one? IMHO, it doesn't. Graffiti as a form of art is pretty lame. In the context of location, risk, etc... graffiti is one of the greatest forms of art, but the minute you take away the criminal element it becomes played out really fast. As far as legal murals, I'd much rather look at a portrait of Malcolm X or something like that than another production with b-boy characters and 20 color pieces. I'm not trying to put down those who do this (some of these writers are really dope,) but it's just not my thing. I like throw-ups and shit like that, but those KRK's just aren't a good look.

So... I told some of y'all via PM that I would get off of my ass and start scanning my old pics. You know who you are. :confused:

It's going to take a while but I've finally started. Here's the first few, in no particular order. Enjoy (or don't.)

5757509036_b3c6699cd3.jpg

5757508978_56a8db1517.jpg

5757508944_76a1588438.jpg

I'm all for the whole fight for space and all.. but that shit just looks hurt (and rushed.) Besides, just because somebody does illegal graff for a while and then becomes a muralist, does that really make them any different than somebody who has been doing legal shit since day one? IMHO, it doesn't. Graffiti as a form of art is pretty lame. In the context of location, risk, etc... graffiti is one of the greatest forms of art, but the minute you take away the criminal element it becomes played out really fast. As far as legal murals, I'd much rather look at a portrait of Malcolm X or something like that than another production with b-boy characters and 20 color pieces. I'm not trying to put down those who do this (some of these writers are really dope,) but it's just not my thing. I like throw-ups and shit like that, but those KRK's just aren't a good look.

Your statement holds no weight and is a contradiction..you try to,have this,ego as if you,dont care about graff but then,your mad that some kids throws aint clean (i,doubt krk was goin for clean on that diss) but then dont like dudes legal? So aasuming those throws were clean then it would be ok with you?

Then you state how takin,the criminal element makes graf becomes played out but you wanna see legal murals of malcom x......

you seem more upset that a writer of your choice didnt hit it....a diss is a diss..not meant to be pretty..lol

And post pics cus you wanna share them...dont tell us you have better things to do than scan pics but then offer to,scan,them if people on here kiss your ass enough...lol....onod and tom jerry dont say shit like that and they post way tighter flicks than,the 7 photos you posted in which you can barely see whats goin on in the flick.....cmon son....your playin yourself..

Your statement holds no weight and is a contradiction..you try to,have this,ego as if you,dont care about graff but then,your mad that some kids throws aint clean (i,doubt krk was goin for clean on that diss) but then dont like dudes legal? So aasuming those throws were clean then it would be ok with you?

Then you state how takin,the criminal element makes graf becomes played out but you wanna see legal murals of malcom x......

you seem more upset that a writer of your choice didnt hit it....a diss is a diss..not meant to be pretty..lol

When I said that I'd rather see a mural of MalcolmX I meant that non-graffiti art murals are tighter in my opinion than legal graffiti productions. What's wrong with that? If you want to paint a production hit some cuts or a yard or a freight... don't try to represent yourself as a fine artist to the community. Obviously this opinion is controversial to writers but I personally think doing legal graff is wack as fuck! If you're going to paint legal spots step your game up paint something other than just your name (like MalcolmX, or MacDre or something.)

To be fair, there are some folks doing graffiti legals that are dope. I was talking about the same old tired productions that mostly look the same.

On the subject of that diss... it would've been nice if dude did a fill in or at least some shit that didn't look like he was shook the whole time painting it. That shit looks rushed.

And post pics cus you wanna share them...dont tell us you have better things to do than scan pics but then offer to,scan,them if people on here kiss your ass enough...lol....onod and tom jerry dont say shit like that and they post way tighter flicks than,the 7 photos you posted in which you can barely see whats goin on in the flick.....cmon son....your playin yourself..

You mad.

I do want to share the flicks I have. All I was saying was that it takes time to scan flicks, and they'll be coming slower because of the added effort to scan them (I'm busy with other shit, so I can't sit here for 5 hours straight and do it.) And yes, not all the flicks are the best quality, they're old.

You've somehow managed to piss me off, but I think it's more your lack of reading comprehension than your opininons.

The only person on this board who can kiss my ass is you my dude. Get off my testes.

[/color]

When I said that I'd rather see a mural of MalcolmX I meant that non-graffiti art murals are tighter in my opinion than legal graffiti productions. What's wrong with that? If you want to paint a production hit some cuts or a yard or a freight... don't try to represent yourself as a fine artist to the community. Obviously this opinion is controversial to writers but I personally think doing legal graff is wack as fuck! If you're going to paint legal spots step your game up paint something other than just your name.

To be fair, there are some folks doing graffiti legals that are dope. I'm talking about the same old tired productions that mostly look the same.

On the subject of that diss... it would've been nice if dude did a fill in or at least some shit that didn't look like he was shook the whole time painting it. That shit looks rushed.

You mad.

I do want to share the flicks I have. All I was saying was that it takes time to scan flicks, and they'll be coming slower because of the added effort to scan them (I'm busy with other shit, so I can't sit here for 5 hours straight and do it.) And yes, not all the flicks are the best quality, they're old.

You've somehow managed to piss me off, but I think it's more your lack of reading comprehension than your opininons.

The only person on this board who can kiss my ass is you my dude. Get off my testes.

Show us how its done then bro..from proper disses to postin flicks with the best of em...:cool:

Ha...ok bro..sure..:lol:

...dont tell us you have better things to do than scan pics but then offer to,scan,them if people on here kiss your ass enough...lol....onod and tom jerry dont say shit like that and they post way tighter flicks than,the 7 photos you posted in which you can barely see whats goin on in the flick.....

ty for the compliment (i think?) but that is not true. i got grief from a lot of people for various things... swerv sundays, people stealing my pics for their personal blogs/zines, mods banning me for calling people "old" when other people steady threaten each others lives, talk drugs/guns/gang affiliations, offering my opinion on frisco (not) regulating properly, and other randomness. even tried to get a book going a few times and people looked at me like i was talkin out the side of my neck. i have since just given up swimming upstream and gone back to what i do/enjoy (flicking), but moderate my posts here (both words and pics). i save my best for pm and my private flickr. in the end i could care less. the active writers are in the streets, not on 12oz. the ones who wanted to get down with what i am doing did, and the ones who didn't didn't.

tl;dr: don't hate on cats for going out of their way to provide you with photos. hard enough just to go out and find decent graff the way the street art scene is str8 up stealing spots...i won't even talk about the buff...cause you see i b clockin them too.

ty for the compliment (i think?) but that is not true. i got grief from a lot of people for various things... swerv sundays, people stealing my pics for their personal blogs/zines, mods banning me for calling people "old" when other people steady threaten each others lives, talk drugs/guns/gang affiliations, offering my opinion on frisco (not) regulating properly, and other randomness. even tried to get a book going a few times and people looked at me like i was talkin out the side of my neck. i have since just given up swimming upstream and gone back to what i do/enjoy (flicking), but moderate my posts here (both words and pics). i save my best for pm and my private flickr. in the end i could care less. the active writers are in the streets, not on 12oz. the ones who wanted to get down with what i am doing did, and the ones who didn't didn't.

tl;dr: don't hate on cats for going out of their way to provide you with photos. hard enough just to go out and find decent graff the way the street art scene is str8 up stealing spots...i won't even talk about the buff...cause you see i b clockin them too.

I have no idea what your talkin about..i was just sayin you put up flicks cus you want too...if someones on here asking people to let them know if they should put up flicks but in the same sentence say they got better shit to do is a contradiction....

Do somthing cus you want too..not because of how people feel..afterall it is a graaf forum for pics and thats what most people on here expect...

and in regards to your book...so what if people are lookin,at you funny...fuck em B....do it foryour self and personal achievment...

@Mr. Mcgraw. The point was that if there's no captive audience for the flicks on here then I'll just keep them to myself and not waste my time scanning them. I'm trying to share some history with fools on this board. If nobody's feeling it, then I can just as well look at my stack of flicks anytime I want to in the privacy of my own home like I've been doing.

And as for the correct way to diss a legal wall... peep game on Sacr and Hype. They do the shit right.

@Onnod. You are one of the few people who regularly contributes OC to this board. Keep it up. I don't like all of the pics you post, but I like a lot of them. I think it's untrue what you said about active writers not being on 12oz, though.