Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Piece by Piece is showing a few times over the next week on PBS here in the Bay Area. If you haven't seen it yet here is your chance to catch it. For those of you that have seen it, keep in mind we had to cut out around 20mins of the film for it to fit in the time slot so there are some things missing that are on the DVD. Here is a small write up from the PBS website as well as the show times... If you've never seen it and you check it out, check back and let me know what you though about it...

Also if you guys have friends that might be interested PLEASE let them know because if it has enough viewers they might release it throughout all of California and possibly show it nationally. wink.gif Enjoy!!!!

truly-306-248.jpg

Piece by Piece

Piece By Piece documents the history of San Francisco's controversial graffiti art movement, with a fast-paced journey into the world of San Francisco street art, as seen through the eye of the artists. Chronicling over 20 years of creation and destruction honestly, accurately, and critically, the film takes you alongside those who lived in what is arguably one of the most influential youth cultures of our time.

San Francisco's graffiti style arose in the period from 1983 to 1993. Piece by Piece starts by documenting what laid the groundwork for today's Bay Area graffiti: "Cholo" writing and the impact of PBS's 1983 documentary, Style Wars. The film includes not only San Francisco's graffiti originals, but also commentary from noted New York "writers" such as Seen, Cope 2, and Case 2. It also covers the tragedy of Dream One, a San Francisco graffiti pioneer and a vocal figurehead in Bay Area urban welfare activism.

From 1993 to 2000, San Francisco became an international magnet for ground-breaking graffiti styles yet to be seen in other parts of the world. The film elaborates on what it takes to establish credibility among the graffiti community, featuring classic works from "writers" such as KR and the horses of Reminisce; and documenting the creative expression of these and other "writers." The film also features well-known graffiti artists such as Grey, Buter, Joro, Norm, and Barry McGee (Twist).

While graffiti is largely considered an underground movement, it's no secret that this art form has provoked a huge response from everyday citizens. The final segment of Piece by Piece explores the wide range of public opinion towards graffiti by giving a voice to the citizens of San Francisco and the law enforcement officers who claim to represent their interests. The film also captures the artists' heartfelt confessions of their love of and addiction to graffiti art and typographic lettering, as well as their social activism, and the short life span of their works.

Episode #306 | Duration: 57:01 | Closed Captioned | Stereo | TVG

KQED Channel 9

Sun, Feb 10, 2008 -- 6:00 pm

Tue, Feb 12, 2008 -- 11:00 pm

Wed, Feb 13, 2008 -- 3:00 am

KQED Life-Encore

Wed, Feb 13, 2008 -- 2:00 am

Wed, Feb 13, 2008 -- 1:00 pm

Wed, Feb 13, 2008 -- 10:00 pm

A crew i dig???? ahahahahahah thats funny. So cash wkt huh?? why am i not surprised? writing the most played name ever and in a crew where someone writes kr. ahahahaha im gonna start writing wkt1, that would be fresh huh?

Son? im prolly old enough to be your daddy you little fuck (might be a possibility, i fucked mad hoodrats from sanjo ahahahah) I already know your crew dont want beef but best believe if we see that shit its gonna get dissed reaaaaaal quick.

CAKREW 92 til infinity!!!!!!

ITS HARD TO TAKE U SERIOUS HOMEBOY WITH ALL THAT TKO STUFF EVERYWERE IN THE CITY.BUT IF FUNK IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR YOU SHOULD KEEP IT ON THE STREET AND NOT FRONT STREET .

Guest class act
ITS HARD TO TAKE U SERIOUS HOMEBOY WITH ALL THAT TKO STUFF EVERYWERE IN THE CITY.BUT IF FUNK IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR YOU SHOULD KEEP IT ON THE STREET AND NOT FRONT STREET .

First of all.....i dont live in sf anymore. come to la and see what happened to tko and see where my crews stand "homeboy". If you dont want beef then i suggest your boy stop writing a crew name thats prolly been around as long as he's been alive. Not asking much there. And just cuz the ca's arent hella up at the moment in the sco dont mean shit. The city will be taken back by its rightful owners soon. trust. All that booboo tako outtatowner shit is gonna be byebye.

Whoever wants to "talk" about this in person pm.