Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phunk

• CACashRefund

• onnod

• slobberface

no offense to you as i dont know your history. but, in short, my history leads me to see innovation in some sort of capacity. i see alot of things going on in that piece that are pushing the envelope. im not saying its perfect but i am saying its on the right track. this is just my opinion and im not asking anyone to agree with me. the fact that so many people are hating on it in and of itself means its doing something right. *shrug*

-dgmronss3esq.

i don't mean to offend either, personally my stance on graffiti is that if you are willing to go out and do something as dumb as risking getting arrested for painting on things that don't belong ot you, you should be able to do whatever the fuck you want.

however, please don't make the mistake of calling that innovative, there's a whole history of hipster brooklyn crap geometric art, it originates in the 70's and 80's in graphic design, and manifests itself currently with garbage like paperrad, chris forges,fort thunder, tape playaz etc.. allot of this crapola came from RISD in the late 90's and for some reason it took a long time to catch on, i think only just lately these design elements are making there way to europe and canada, past few years.

i just don't have the taste for it, i hate how it's so generic and repetitive, but some people like lightning bolt and geometric day glo shapes, so let them eat cake who cares...it's boring to me, people who love irony, go to art school, listen to "high places" or "bwest fweinds" or "aids wolf" any associated band, pretend to be part of the underground yet betray punk ideals by being scenesters rich corporate etc...just not for me. fuck that psuedo folk art silk screen a band tee shirt fake ass shit...

it's funny with graffiti, graffiti is it's own paradigm, where you can't copy or be influenced by anything another graffiti writer has done, but you can completely rip off anything from somewhere else and it's new, really strange logic.

fuck it though don't even let me piss on your parade make yourselves happy, it's all that really matters in life.

examples:

216531308_76c3ea3660_o.jpg

2173051615_6db39c5e71.jpg?v=0

2027907984_fd6891c2f1.jpg?v=0

641561183_7ced3c29f4.jpg?v=0

1544758455_f969b4f1b5.jpg?v=0

663589790_373f634e84.jpg?v=0

154337972_d60cd5079a.jpg?v=0

211482539_0af51f0f52_b.jpg

or just look at this link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deansullivan/favorites/