Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
this is rad lets all get on our computers and debate the definition of graff, yeah graff is only paint..and while we're at it the sex pistols started punk and sugar hill started rap, seen started graff and picasso started art in general..strictly

i think it's TAKI 183 that started graff

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

yeah apperantly not...and call me crazy, but it seems like trying to perfect a dope "frisco" handstyle or throw up is more trying to jump on the cool graff band wagon then anything, if you really wanted to be differternt youd hack pieces bombs and wheatpaste with a smiley face drwn in crayon

because its not graffiti. i see *most* wheatpastes as a lame attempt at trying to jump on the "kool kid graffiti bandwagon". it takes years to perfect a decent handstyle/throwup/piece style of your own. it takes seconds to digitize some image and print it out. calling wheatpastes graffiti shows a blatant disregard for all the work it takes to be a real graffiti writer. to me it almost translates to a dis towards the craft of writing as a whole. if you want respect from the community of writers then pay your dues. until then...

dgmronss3esq.

Nigga I got a word for you.....MULTITASKER

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

multitasking...

true.. while exclusively wheatpasting aint really that fresh in my opinion, a well rounded writer does everything, including wheatpastes, tags, pieces, throw ups, stickers, transit, etc...

a king is master of everything.

because its not graffiti. i see *most* wheatpastes as a lame attempt at trying to jump on the "kool kid graffiti bandwagon". it takes years to perfect a decent handstyle/throwup/piece style of your own. it takes seconds to digitize some image and print it out. calling wheatpastes graffiti shows a blatant disregard for all the work it takes to be a real graffiti writer. to me it almost translates to a dis towards the craft of writing as a whole. if you want respect from the community of writers then pay your dues. until then...

dgmronss3esq.

wisely written

id rather see one dope wheatpaste then the same gay ass tag on every pole

are you serious? id rather see 1000 WEAK tags smashing a roll down gate than the best wheatpaste/advertisement for some about-to-be-yuppie-clothing-line. its like a fuckin blueprint. "oh graffiti is cool.. people who arent in the know think this is graff.. i am gunna start putting this recognizable icon on haight street and in the mission and hipster girls will think its dope! next ill take a few grand and make some shirts, stickers and hats. ill be rich and hip-hood famous!" if you really want to participate in writing then that isnt a plan for success, its a recipe for disaster. next your gunna tell me you like those stencils that say "you give me hope" "its ok to cry here" "i dream about you". pay your dues like we all did/are doing and earn your place in this scene. end of story.

dgmr

are you serious? id rather see 1000 WEAK tags smashing a roll down gate than the best wheatpaste/advertisement for some about-to-be-yuppie-clothing-line. its like a fuckin blueprint. "oh graffiti is cool.. people who arent in the know think this is graff.. i am gunna start putting this recognizable icon on haight street and in the mission and hipster girls will think its dope! next ill take a few grand and make some shirts, stickers and hats. ill be rich and hip-hood famous!" if you really want to participate in writing then that isnt a plan for success, its a recipe for disaster. next your gunna tell me you like those stencils that say "you give me hope" "its ok to cry here" "i dream about you". pay your dues like we all did/are doing and earn your place in this scene. end of story.

dgmr

Damn straight!

Nigga I got a word for you.....MULTITASKER

fair enough. if you are putting in work elsewhere then i give you 100% credit. its cool to venture into other areas if you are feelin it. the person is who puts in WORK with graff and wheatpastes is the exception to the rule. you have to at least agree with me on that.

dgmr