Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
they got those sensors around my area and there working good becareful

yea...i've been told by people who have been fucked by those things first hands in certain parts of the state that they're real and they work...

it's all about Gavin in 2010 bitches...get your hair gel ready and be prepared this bullshit scapegoating of graffiti ain't stopping until that dude is done whoring himself for governor..

yea...i've been told by people who have been fucked by those things first hands in certain parts of the state that they're real and they work...

it's all about Gavin in 2010 bitches...get your hair gel ready and be prepared this bullshit scapegoating of graffiti ain't stopping until that dude is done whoring himself for governor..

trust they aint puttin em where I'm paintin, those shits'll be for recycled spots only, so all you half-way thugs take notice, as fer me? I'd love to see one a those things catch me a case, FUCK NOT BOMBING and FUCK THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust they aint puttin em where I'm paintin, those shits'll be for recycled spots only, so all you half-way thugs take notice, as fer me? I'd love to see one a those things catch me a case, FUCK NOT BOMBING and FUCK THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

haha the city will be pretty damn dumb to put that spraypaint detecter because once writers find out when its put in effect the majority of writers will do more tags and hollow throwies because it takes less time and the sensor wont catch u in time, so it will make the city covered in more tags which they hate the most hahahahaha

haha the city will be pretty damn dumb to put that spraypaint detecter because once writers find out when its put in effect the majority of writers will do more tags and hollow throwies because it takes less time and the sensor wont catch u in time, so it will make the city covered in more tags which they hate the most hahahahaha

theres only a handful of people that do fill ins now day anyways

does anyone know what the sensors look like?

Graffiti vandals beware — there’s a new sheriff in town, and you won’t ever see him.

Broadband Discovery Systems, a two-year-old company based in Scotts Valley, has developed a series of devices finely tuned to detect the sound of an aerosol spray can from as far as 35 feet away.

“I despise graffiti,” said president and chief executive Cory Stephanson, who worked with a team of engineers to build the device aimed to stymie graffiti vandals.

Stephanson and vice president Michael Neely discovered that $22 billion is spent every year in the United States dealing with graffiti, and they think their latest innovation will help.

The device, nicknamed “Project Merlin” after Stephanson’s son, has intricate sound recognition features that are tuned to detect only the specific sounds an aerosol can makes. When the sensor detects the sound of a can dispensing, it uses cell-phone-like technology to send out an alert.

The sensor can trigger an alarm, light or camera, as well as send a text-message alert to a roving security guard or to the police.

“A mall can deploy wireless units from one base unit that sends texts to an alarm infrastructure or to mall security,” Stephanson said.

For example, the moment someone discharges an aerosol can in one location at a mall, a roving security guard would receive a text message with the location and head out to catch the perpetrator in the act.

The Capitola Police Department has been beta-testing the police version of the sensors to help work out the kinks.

“It does work,” said Chief Richard Ehle. Capitola has been testing the devices in hidden locations for about six months. At one location, the device activated a security camera, which recorded graffiti vandals at work.

“We didn’t get a real good ID on the individuals, because the lighting was low,” Ehle said.

The devices can be held in the palm of the hand and are designed to be encased in harmless-looking electrical boxes.

Project Merlin devices will be sold commercially starting in February. The company will sell the devices, which integrate with existing alarm systems, wholesale to alarm companies who can distribute to their clients, Stephanson said. Already, police departments in Santa Paula, New Jersey and Utah have signed on to purchase the system.

“We’re coming up with some really innovative solutions,” Stephanson said of his company’s recent products, which include a human hydration monitor and a gunshot recognition system.

The company’s latest project? Project Merlin’s cousin, a system that detects the sound of a marker on a mirror, used specifically to catch graffiti in bathrooms.

http://pressbanner.com/content/view/655/42/

it's an old article about the "sensors" but its being used now.

naw they said it smells aerosol and shit, plus you know they gon hide em real sneaky like. It pretty simple-once you find out if they put one there ( which should be obvious once someone get popped, even if they dont just publicize the hell out of it ) alls you gotta do is handle a couple of seek-and-destroy missions. The thing can't sense me lurkin around for hours, finding it eventually and goina hide it in El Farlolito or something

I'm all about finding out what routes guys like president and chief executive Cory Stephanson take to and from work each day and destroying every spot along the way... dude says he "despises graffiti".. I want nothing more than for people with that attitude to lose in their efforts to stop graff. Pretty much anyone that speaks out about graff I'd like to find out what area they live in and crush extra hard all around there just to ruin every day of their lives until they die... I don't wish death upon them, I just wish to fill their worlds with graff until they fall into apathy and just give up. Me personally, I don't do graff to be a menace, I do it cause I love it.. the adventure, the rush, the thrill of seein myself up on the freeways, rooftops, not to mention all the homies and other writers seein me up and flickin my shit and postin it up on sites like this... now don't go taking what I just said like I'm tryin to brag and act like I'm hella up cause I'm not necessarily, I'm just sayin tho... graff is and always will be fuckin dope, it'll never stop nor be stopped, so the world might as well stop wasting money on tryin to fight it.

Graffiti SENSORS!!!!! what is the world coming to... this is so pathetic.. i hope the economy goes into the ground and there is chaos.. what happened to the economy anyways? is it back.. and whats the deal with swine flu.. whats it going to be next.. lets all get real scared..kill your TV

America.. is such a strange place.. why does everybody want to be like America anyways

is Obama real? is that fool doing anything.. but being black president?

shit is so complicated over there.. wtf?