DRUKQS

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

alright....i've heard the whole thing.

anyone else?

i read a review in the latest Wire(no, not Wired)

and it perfectly summed up my feelings

of this album to a tee.

which is...total disappointment.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

...whatever pops your zitz boys..

its all a matter of opinion..

i'll paraphrase some points made in the article...

"...not enough of Drukqs confidently breaks new ground, and too often james falls back on the all too familiar dysfunctional jitterbeat which has typified aphex output since 96's RDJ album."

..i'm sorry, but this is bang on...more:

"..based on past admissions, true or not, there's the disappointing feeling all the time you're listening to it that the selection on Drukqs is just one combination out of many possible choices. It's not so much the pinnacle of his achievements at the mouse over the past three years as a randomly selected clutch of the thousands of tracks, half formed experiments and half-cut beatdowns james can fart out with one hand while the other is joysticking his way through tomb raider III. It has become his lot to exist in a permanent state of satirical siege against the culture that would adopt him. That may make for amusing and arresting statements, but you have to be a very good comedian indeed to make your work more than a period piece. Not so much career developement as career regression."

so is this.

makros...i didn't say it was total shit or that it doesn't have moments of pure tastiness....its just disappointing to me.

Archived