COMMEMORATING THE LIFE OF THE LEGENDARY "BIG L"

Ethreadzny2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 16

S.O.B.'s & Flamboyant Entertainment presents:

COMMEMORATING THE LIFE OF THE LEGENDARY "BIG L"

SPECIAL GUESTS:

DITC, Grand Puba, Black Rob, Herb McGruff, Pharoah Monch, DJ Premier,

Kid Capri, Freddie Foxxx, Large Professor, Wordsworth, El Da Sensei, Kurrupt Money,

More to be announced...

Doors: 7:00pm

Shows: 8:00pm

Admission

$22 Advance , $30 Day of

The night of the event alll proceeds will go to the Big L Estates.. Please get your tickets in advance.. Trying to pay admission the night of event will not be guaranteed... Trust Me..

Big L

Genre: Lyrical, Hardcore Rap/Hip-Hop, Underground Rap/Hip-Hop, Rap/Hip-Hop,

East Coast Rap/Hip-Hop

Hometown: Harlem, NY, US. One of the fiercest emcees to ever grip a mic, Harlem's Big L got his start in Three The Hard Way before hooking up with Lord Finesse in the early 1990s. He spit ill rhymes on Showbiz & A.G.'s classic 1992 debut Runaway Slave before dropping his own LP Lifestyles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous three years later. Blessed with a unique voice and advanced writing skills, L captured the essence of street life with a singular flair that most rappers only dream of. Tired of sheisty label issues, he created Flamboyant Records and, in 1998, released the blazing single "Ebonics." Also a full-fledged member of the Diggin' In The Crates crew, Big L was on the track to well-deserved hip-hop superstardom when he was shot to death in February of 1999. His long-awaited sophomore album The Big Picture was released in the summer of 2000.

They had a DITC reunion/Big L memorial not to long after he died, at tramps...I have a live Cd of it....It came in two series, one was with OC and someone, and Show and Ag on the other....Anyone a fan of Ditc should look out for it, but i havent seen it in years...I honestly feel that if Big L hadnt been cut down at that time, he would have went on to be one of the best ever, commercially speaking too...I have a freestyle with him and Jay-Z from like maybe even before Reasonable Doubt, and he was rapping circles around him...Everyone from Children of the Corn blew up, and they all suck compared to him....Anyways BIG L REST IN PEACE