M.E.M.P.H.I.S!!

useurname

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: M.E.M.P.H.I.S!!

lol, look http://2007postcards.com/funvideo.html

give up?

they hit it hard for a minute and now it looks as if they are slowing down... happens all the time. Bombing activity fluctuates.... check the pie chart on page 3 of your pamphlet.

pie charts would denote quantity variation. the line graph on page seven shows the fluctuation.

pshh its all bout fcs now baby , we scared them off

What exactly did you do to scare them off? Put up shitty stickers by a Mod 5 handstyle? Or was it those terrible ditch pieces that made them quiver?

"FCS Kings" (I believe is what your sticker says) What a fucking joke. It's a sad day when you become the crew the it's "all about" by putting up 10 or 12 postal stickers.

And Soma, I can't wait to hear your response....I'll give you ten extra points if you can properly phrase a sentence.

What exactly did you do to scare them off? Put up shitty stickers by a Mod 5 handstyle? Or was it those terrible ditch pieces that made them quiver?

"FCS Kings" (I believe is what your sticker says) What a fucking joke. It's a sad day when you become the crew the it's "all about" by putting up 10 or 12 postal stickers.

And Soma, I can't wait to hear your response....I'll give you ten extra points if you can properly phrase a sentence.

Yo this is Nosey. I just wanted to say that I did not say all this. I must have logged in on someone's name and they posted it. I didn't say any of this about soma.

True, Soma's not a king because he put a few stickers. Stay humble, homie.

Which brings me to my next point: Shut up, GORE4. (the stix) You aren't doin shit either.

Which will bring me to my next series of points: (not directed at anyone specific)

-If your definition of graff is painting a freight a week and posting them on 12 oz, shut up.

-If you post everything you paint on 12oz, shut up.

-If you weren't doing rollerbombs in 15 degree weather, shut up.

-If you were one of the kids who blamed their lack of painting on the cold weather, shut up.

-If you aren't rockin dope LETTERS, shut up. (I don't care this is graffiti, it's based on letters, if you don't agree with that you're crazy.)

-If your pieces aren't clean, shut up.

-If you pretend you're better than you are, shut up.

-If your parents pay for your spraypaint, shut up.

-If you're one of the kids that re-posts their old flicks, shut up.

-If you're on 12 oz. more than you're out painting, shut up.

-If you don't have a dope handstyle, shut up.

-If you don't see the importance and value of a throwie, shut up.

-If all you use is Montana and you aren't Totem2, Shut up.

I mean, whatever. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not the dopest. But I do my thing and everyone in my crew does their thing with no excuses or exceptions. I'm tired of coming on here and reading a bunch of bullshit about what everyone thinks. If you aren't crushin' or you aren't O.G. I don't care about what you have to say.

And Gore4, I really don't have any beef with you. But I do think you are always sayin some smart ass shit on the internet when you have no real leverage. Anyone can be born in bumblefuck by some trains and start painting graffiti. Anyone can sneak up in Barksdale or off Third Street and paint a freight every once in a while. Writers like that are a dime a dozen. I just don't think you should be talking about Soma's art or anyone elses. I don't come on the forum and tell everyone what I think of you're art. And Don't make any more references to my crew or who we battle. We all paint and that's all you need to know.

Once again, no beef. I just want everyone to paint, get better, and shut the hell up.

NOZEYONER. (notice i'm leaving my name.) UNITED HOODRATS

-If your definition of graff is painting a freight a week and posting them on 12 oz, shut up.

-If you post everything you paint on 12oz, shut up.

-If you weren't doing rollerbombs in 15 degree weather, shut up.

-If you were one of the kids who blamed their lack of painting on the cold weather, shut up.

-If you aren't rockin dope LETTERS, shut up. (I don't care this is graffiti, it's based on letters, if you don't agree with that you're crazy.)

-If your pieces aren't clean, shut up.

-If you pretend you're better than you are, shut up.

-If your parents pay for your spraypaint, shut up.

-If you're one of the kids that re-posts their old flicks, shut up.

-If you're on 12 oz. more than you're out painting, shut up.

-If you don't have a dope handstyle, shut up.

-If you don't see the importance and value of a throwie, shut up.

-If all you use is Montana and you aren't Totem2, Shut up.

When i read this i think of "I Don't Believe You" by Kool Keith............. fucking hilarious.

any one born in the bumafuck can be painting graffiti hahaha i dont no how many kids u no from the bumafuck.. or where im from..I PAINT WAT I KNOW..im not from some super hip hop scene.. im not from a scene.. posting my own shyt ya ive done it...EVERYONES done it.. but i also make threads.. if i decide to throw one of mine in there somtimes so what..as far as people liKin my shyt lol.. I DONT CARE..i dont paint graffiti cuz its hard..i dont paint graffiti to burn out anyone.. i paint simple shyt cuz i like simple shyt.. if somones doesnt like it cool. they could tell me it sucks..but if i can paint freights in an easy spot i find.. rather than a hard one.. that doesnt mean im not as down as u.. or decline my "levage"..I JUS REFUSE TO PUT UP ANYTHING IN A CITY WERE ITS POINTLESS..I CAME HERE TO PAINT FREIGHTS...I GO ANYWHERE TO PAINT FREIGHTS..if freights r so easy..or... no.. check this.. if im not down enof.. theres not one person i memphis WHO HAS EVER CALLED ME TO PAINT AND I SAID.."NO". im always ready..im always down to paint and anyone whos painted wit me or talked to me or w/e doesnt no...like i said.. the hole i have no business talkin shyt bout other people art...i can agree with u on that...soma trys.. he does colorful stuff.. he puts in work on his stuff..but as for everything else..to make it seem like im the only shyt talker on 12oz CMON!..i make references on what i see..EVERYONE HERE DOES.. EVERYONE U NO.. I NO.. EVERYONE NOS..CEPT FOR MAYBE LIKE 2 OTHER PEOPLE..like who ever got on ur name and said that.. lol i doubt ul say anything to them lol..but oya... gore4's not down..lol anyone who isnt ur crew is practically written off as soon as we disagree with a point of view...im coo wit people in UH.. the only people who seem to have some grudge against me are the people who HAVE NEVER MET ME.. OR THE PEOPLE IVE MAYBE "SEEN".. WHAT....TWICE...EVERYONE ONE ELSE.. MITE THINK DIF THAT I DO..I MIGHT THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN THEY DO... BUT WERE STILL COOL..but...i seriously hope that list u made....wasnt intened for me.....a freight a week? lol runnin back a posting on 12oz...lol if im supositly guilty of that lol...EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS.. lmao

well thanx for keepin my entertained for a good hour.. gotta go to class.. talk to u later man.

Setting all beef, past relations, crews and bonds between writers aside, I say this only in an opinion of my own....

Not soley to contradict myself, I don't understand why you all feel such a need, as presented on this forum, to discuss the theories you each hold on "graffiti." No community of people share the exact same view on one topic of discussion. The reason and goal for which you strive for should be within yourself and knowing that is to accept the various opinions others will hold.

Where you come from may seem to mean alot on the status of your "graffiti career", but in reality if you are going out and "writing graffiti" then no matter where or how you do it, you are simply expressing yourself. Whether your motives be jealousy, love, the need for artistic expression, the rush, to get away, or to take part in the trend, you are expressing your own behaviour. There seems to be alot of time wasted on "competition" of the level of your abilities, rather than the atitude and ambition you portray towards your own work and the work of others.

Self promotion is nothing out of the ordinary in human behaviour. Existing and alive means needs and wants. When you paint something you are satisfied with, you will want others to see it, plain and simple. Authors sell books, skaters make videos, sports hold competitions, artists have galleries, etc..Would you still continue this so called art if you were the only one to see it?

You may say "of course!" but honestly this art is very objective in that in many cases writers want to gain a certain "fame" or status in the overall being and convention of graffiti. What is your objective? Or is this artform subjective to your own ego and desires?

This art can easily be called a trend. As the years keep passing, graffiti is obviously being seen as a natural tendency in the culture of our youth. One can plainly witness many writers come and go in their lifetime.

One will take note that the atitute of some of these graffiti artists is based on their ego and very indecisive. Many writers produce their work only to distinguish themselves from others or their environment as if they feel it is some sort of "graffiti-related transcendencei" quality to be portrayed in human activity. I would hope the reasons for "doing your thing" are not to seek some sort of high esteem greater than society and others around you, for it is possible to prosper and thrive in the art much more if being viewed subjectivly leaving one with a sense of self-accomplishment and a healthy psyche. Seeing as how this art has progressed since is beginning, the freedom diminishes as the movement strides foreward. To be original in this art today is an accomplishment of hardwork and meditation. With how fast the art progressed to todays standards of what is original, one may not be suprised if within years the culture as a whole suffocates dry and is left bare with no perseverance from its earlier standards.

When one has aquired their own views on this art and style, they are often closeminded to the opinions of others. When reading MC Pee-Pee Monssa's response to the precedently stated words, one may believe that Pee-Pee's views are a bit abrupt and said as a way to dominate or subject him/herself from the rest of his peers. Is one's views to be overthrown by another? With what experiences gives you the right to rightfully say what is right and wrong?

The "graffiti transcendence" many wish to achieve can simply become that when seeked subjectively in themselves in an open method. To aquire that feeling of satisfaction in your art is to first realize why you are persueing these goals in the first place through graffiti. Why must one prove themself that they have the skill, courage, bravery, ambition, etc.. in doing graffiti to the other writers in the same game? Reflect on why you continue this artform. To continue knowing that the goal is to only outdo those around you and to prove worthy to anyone but yourself, is what butchers the culture to what you see on this forum. "Boredom with established truths is a great enemy of free men" - Crick. In Defence of Politics

You may laugh at my words and claim they are that of one with no experience in graffiti and its culture, but those who do so are still trapped and holding on to the graffiti trance which contradicts their own being in existence.

As Crick stated, those aiming for a type of absolutist perfection in any human relationship is casting oneself to inevitable bitter disillusionment.

Setting all beef, past relations, crews and bonds between writers aside, I say this only in an opinion of my own....

Not soley to contradict myself, I don't understand why you all feel such a need, as presented on this forum, to discuss the theories you each hold on "graffiti." No community of people share the exact same view on one topic of discussion. The reason and goal for which you strive for should be within yourself and knowing that is to accept the various opinions others will hold.

Where you come from may seem to mean alot on the status of your "graffiti career", but in reality if you are going out and "writing graffiti" then no matter where or how you do it, you are simply expressing yourself. Whether your motives be jealousy, love, the need for artistic expression, the rush, to get away, or to take part in the trend, you are expressing your own behaviour. There seems to be alot of time wasted on "competition" of the level of your abilities, rather than the atitude and ambition you portray towards your own work and the work of others.

Self promotion is nothing out of the ordinary in human behaviour. Existing and alive means needs and wants. When you paint something you are satisfied with, you will want others to see it, plain and simple. Authors sell books, skaters make videos, sports hold competitions, artists have galleries, etc..Would you still continue this so called art if you were the only one to see it?

You may say "of course!" but honestly this art is very objective in that in many cases writers want to gain a certain "fame" or status in the overall being and convention of graffiti. What is your objective? Or is this artform subjective to your own ego and desires?

This art can easily be called a trend. As the years keep passing, graffiti is obviously being seen as a natural tendency in the culture of our youth. One can plainly witness many writers come and go in their lifetime.

One will take note that the atitute of some of these graffiti artists is based on their ego and very indecisive. Many writers produce their work only to distinguish themselves from others or their environment as if they feel it is some sort of "graffiti-related transcendencei" quality to be portrayed in human activity. I would hope the reasons for "doing your thing" are not to seek some sort of high esteem greater than society and others around you, for it is possible to prosper and thrive in the art much more if being viewed subjectivly leaving one with a sense of self-accomplishment and a healthy psyche. Seeing as how this art has progressed since is beginning, the freedom diminishes as the movement strides foreward. To be original in this art today is an accomplishment of hardwork and meditation. With how fast the art progressed to todays standards of what is original, one may not be suprised if within years the culture as a whole suffocates dry and is left bare with no perseverance from its earlier standards.

When one has aquired their own views on this art and style, they are often closeminded to the opinions of others. When reading MC Pee-Pee Monssa's response to the precedently stated words, one may believe that Pee-Pee's views are a bit abrupt and said as a way to dominate or subject him/herself from the rest of his peers. Is one's views to be overthrown by another? With what experiences gives you the right to rightfully say what is right and wrong?

The "graffiti transcendence" many wish to achieve can simply become that when seeked subjectively in themselves in an open method. To aquire that feeling of satisfaction in your art is to first realize why you are persueing these goals in the first place through graffiti. Why must one prove themself that they have the skill, courage, bravery, ambition, etc.. in doing graffiti to the other writers in the same game? Reflect on why you continue this artform. To continue knowing that the goal is to only outdo those around you and to prove worthy to anyone but yourself, is what butchers the culture to what you see on this forum. "Boredom with established truths is a great enemy of free men" - Crick. In Defence of Politics

You may laugh at my words and claim they are that of one with no experience in graffiti and its culture, but those who do so are still trapped and holding on to the graffiti trance which contradicts their own being in existence.

As Crick stated, those aiming for a type of absolutist perfection in any human relationship is casting oneself to inevitable bitter disillusionment.[/quot

THANKS for waisting my time dick, i thought you

had something good to say.. Obviously you dont

know shit about graff. Sounds to me like your just

one of these pussy type art kids, who feels the need

to express him or her self by spraying some pop cult

bull shit on something, fucking up the scene for the rest

of us who live this shit...One of these kids who dosent

understand why we do what we do but thinks its cool,

so you go buy some paint for 5 bucks a can and go spray

up hearts and random shit that actually has no meaning to

know one not even you..who the fuck are you any way? So

next time you decide to come on here keep it short, cause your just

waisting our time....

And to these other kids who dont understand the meaning

of kings, theres other crews in memphis, aint my fault this

thread should be named THE U-Hate thread.

THE MOST HATED

UH THE 901 KINGS

PHOE FUCKED YOUR MOMS ONE

ok ok ok... I just wanted to clarify sice EVERYONE seems to be hatin on everyone I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE.... The comment that I made about MDC was not intended to be taken in any negative way.. I was just wondering why MDC hadnt posted anything new... I actually get on here to look at graff not to read shit talkin and was just tryin to see what else was up in memphis......

you must see http://bestnetpostcards.com/cool.html

"Memphis" sounds like Found????

Anyway, I don't even care. I was just telling everyone to shut up unless they're doing something. And painting once every couple weeks doesn't mean you're doing anything. I didn't read even 1/3 of all that. Because I don't care about the text on this forum, really. I care about the flicks.

I expected a response similar to that of "murfusdurfus"'s. In my writing, I did not intend to put the movement and art down in anyway, but rather it was an attempt to explain or expose its witnessed behaviors in those who take part in it, and other relative matters complementary to the art.

I assure you I do speak of graffiti with my experience of the art and work.

I do know what I speak of.

Furthermore, If you have your own opinons and thoughts on graffiti, that counter what I stated, then please post your thoughts retaining to your beliefs, rather than just insulting me.