Philadelphia

noschool2day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SOME NIGGAS DONT REALIZE GRAFFITI IS AN ELEMENT OF HIP HOP

graffiti is an element of hip-hop????....more like hiphop is an element of graffiti anymore.....just my opinion but i know some real ass dudes that rock hardcore tunes dont breakdance or anything near hiphop shit...... JUST KEEEP IN MIND GRAFFITIT IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE ONE OF THE 5 ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP; I MEAN IF YALL PUNK HARDCORE NIGGAS STARTED THIS SHIT I WOULD RESPECT THAT AND NOT TRY TO CHANGE HOW YUS TALK, ETC..BUT THIS IS OUR SHIT;;;RESPECT OUR CULTURE & LEARN YOUR HISTORY DONT GET ME WRONG I FUCKS WITH PUNK, ROCK, DRUM&BASS AND ALL TYPES OF SHIT BUT THIS IS HIP HOP DUNNN.....NO MATTER HOW MANY GREEN DAY POSTERS U HAVE IN YOUR ROOM; STAY UP/ KEEP BOMBIN 1

I dunno. Anytime I hear niggas talkin about hip hop they talkin about respect and love and shit. Kids get hurt over Graffiti. So nah, I disagre that Graffiti is hip hop. Unless you wanna go and change everything that hip hop is about. Which is possible. WOOOTYYYYWOOOTTT

i don't know many people who are into "hip-hop" who also like graffiti, but i do know more people who are into graffiti that like "hip-hop." but then again, i also know plenty of writers into other various *forms of* popular culture. i don't think hip hop has much to do with graffiti...

Originally posted by illadelphjawn@Mar 25 2006, 10:58 AM

IT DOESNT MATTER WHT MUSIC U LISTEN TOO; GRAFFITI IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE 1 OF THE 5 ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP; RESPECT OUR SHIT...

when did they officially add an element?..10 years ago there were only 4..did the beat boxers petition the high council of hip hop to get their shit included?..or did they add spinner rims as the official 5th element?

graffiti pre-dates hip hop...it was just packaged along with rap music and b-boying nice and neat in the 80s to sell it to the "downtown" population..

don't get me wrong..i love real hip hop..but hip hop ain't really hip hop anymore...regardless...if graffiti was an element of country music i'd still write my name on shit..

Originally posted by war pigs+Mar 25 2006, 02:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (war pigs - Mar 25 2006, 02:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-illadelphjawn@Mar 25 2006, 10:58 AM

IT DOESNT MATTER WHT MUSIC U LISTEN TOO; GRAFFITI IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE 1 OF THE 5 ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP; RESPECT OUR SHIT...

when did they officially add an element?..10 years ago there were only 4..did the beat boxers petition the high council of hip hop to get their shit included?..or did they add spinner rims as the official 5th element?

graffiti pre-dates hip hop...it was just packaged along with rap music and b-boying nice and neat in the 80s to sell it to the "downtown" population..

don't get me wrong..i love real hip hop..but hip hop ain't really hip hop anymore...regardless...if graffiti was an element of country music i'd still write my name on shit..

[/b]

i wonder what the other 3 elements of country music would be...

Originally posted by Father Tom Murphy+Mar 24 2006, 09:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Father Tom Murphy - Mar 24 2006, 09:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>right across from city hall? that was a roof. the knocked the building down after it burnt. CURVE & KEM up there too. [/b]
- dont forget basic was up there too

<!--QuoteBegin-illadelphjawn@Mar 24 2006, 09:00 PM

THAT ACH DOES LOOK VERY SIMILAR TOO AGUA; AGUA THAT NIGGA;

- very true...noticed the same thing

Originally posted by illadelphjawn@Mar 25 2006, 11:27 AM

JUST KEEEP IN MIND GRAFFITIT IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE ONE OF THE 5 ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP; I MEAN IF YALL PUNK HARDCORE NIGGAS STARTED THIS SHIT I WOULD RESPECT THAT AND NOT TRY TO CHANGE HOW YUS TALK, ETC..BUT THIS IS OUR SHIT;;;RESPECT OUR CULTURE & LEARN YOUR HISTORY DONT GET ME WRONG I FUCKS WITH PUNK, ROCK, DRUM&BASS AND ALL TYPES OF SHIT BUT THIS IS HIP HOP DUNNN.....NO MATTER HOW MANY GREEN DAY POSTERS U HAVE IN YOUR ROOM; STAY UP/ KEEP BOMBIN 1

You crack me up kid. What are you 17? Graff started in the 60's, hip hop didn't even exist till the early 80's. Respect OUR culture and learn YOUR history.

And hip-hop don't even exsist anymore. Rap music today is so fucking terrible that you are insulting the shit out of graff by trying to lump us in with that garbage.

i think bob will reign said it best

"i can listen to anything. hip hop is good for when i write, all underground for me. hardcore music...for keeping me alive, my life together, and for keeping me focused on what is important."

personally that fits for me and all my friends