Philadelphia

noschool2day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All cool topics about philly style. The 80's tags were the best from style, originality and flow stand point. Writers today model after the wickets of that era. The difference is that in the 80's it was flowing and original. As far as piecing I put the era between 1985 thru 1995 as philly's best years. The originality and bombing during that period was sick. There are some cool stuff out there now but it's all derived from the earlier years with their spin on it, which is cool and keeps it alive...

some classics - might have been posted before - but rock

braze-2p.jpg

spel-3.jpg

12-88-PHILLY.jpgden-3.jpg

enem-3.jpg

sat-p8.jpg

sat-p16.jpg

pre-5.jpg

as far as the buff..you gotta for get about it..who cares..they buff, its fare. you paint more..they buff you again..get buck wile paint day and night..buff cant keep up..keep pushing everyday..get no respect on here...gett buffed..but they cant buff it all. live eat sleep graffiti..get buffed ..who fuckin cares drink beer..paint some spots..not spot. spots..wake up ones already buffed two still ridin..buff buff buff buff no big deal

LOOK, I USE TO THINK I LOVED THE OLD SCHOOL PHILLY GRAFF PICS BECAUSE THATS THE BEGGINING OF GRAFF AND SHIT AND I DIG THAT SHIT STILL BUT YALL NIGGAS GOTTA SNAP BACK TO REALITY THE OLD SCHOOL IS GONE AND THE NEW SCHOOL IS HERE 20 YEARS FROM NOW DO YOU WANT NIGGAS SAYIN "THEY WERE SOME CORNY YEARS PPL JUST BITCHIN ABOUT THE BUFF, AND SAYING I WISH IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY(THE YEARS 2005 AND 2006 WAS A COUPLE DEAD GRAFF YEARS)..........NAW MANN I WANT THEM TO SAY THAT SHIT WAS BOMBED BACK IN THE MOTHA FUCKIN OLD SCHOOL I WISH, I WAS AROUND BOMBIN IN THE YEAR 2005!!

SO I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD STOP THINKIN AND START PAINTIN AND I GARENTEE THAT MANY MORE WILL JOIN. GRAFFITI IS FOREVA I WONT LET IT DIE IF I GOTA MAKE UP 20 ALEASES N BOMB THE CITY MYSELF.

DOES EVERYONE AGREE?? OR YALL JUST BITCHIN!!

damn esteme again

i agree with the comment about constantly rehashing the past...i remember in 95 the guys i looked up to like nope meak dasar, etc....old heads always made all kinds of ill comments about them not being down.....or like enems speech in the otg video where makes of fun all the white kids driving "their moms prelude".etc.etc....the older dudes are always hating on the current generation...but now in 2005 people post old nope and dasar pieces like they are classics....so in 2015 the people doing good stuff now will also stand the test of time and stand out. like crack said, just do your thing by painting and adding another flick to the pile of flicks..and the next gen of kids will tell the tales of who was an influence and who wasnt.....theres really no point arguing about it now....even agreed upon legends like kair or kadism, when they were smashing they had their share of haters im sure...look at people still trying to say kair used stencils! its like ed koch said in style wars..."time...will tell"

my 2cents on whos really doing it for philly now is def curve and esteme and mad and kid.....look at those flicks of that curve esteme muppets wall man...thats like as original and as banging and as "philly" as any of those legendary sat and praez and enem and den and braze flicks....and to Kare AFUs comments...of course everything is going to be somewhat derivative of what comes before it, but at least those two are one example who are doing original letterform that is fresh and not very derivative (at least in my eyes)

Originally posted by thetruthis@Sep 15 2005, 09:22 PM

LOOK, I USE TO THINK I LOVED THE OLD SCHOOL PHILLY GRAFF PICS BECAUSE THATS THE BEGGINING OF GRAFF AND SHIT AND I DIG THAT SHIT STILL BUT YALL NIGGAS GOTTA SNAP BACK TO REALITY THE OLD SCHOOL IS GONE AND THE NEW SCHOOL IS HERE 20 YEARS FROM NOW DO YOU WANT NIGGAS SAYIN "THEY WERE SOME CORNY YEARS PPL JUST BITCHIN ABOUT THE BUFF, AND SAYING I WISH IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY(THE YEARS 2005 AND 2006 WAS A COUPLE DEAD GRAFF YEARS)..........NAW MANN I WANT THEM TO SAY THAT SHIT WAS BOMBED BACK IN THE MOTHA FUCKIN OLD SCHOOL I WISH, I WAS AROUND BOMBIN IN THE YEAR 2005!!

SO I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD STOP THINKIN AND START PAINTIN AND I GARENTEE THAT MANY MORE WILL JOIN. GRAFFITI IS FOREVA I WONT LET IT DIE IF I GOTA MAKE UP 20 ALEASES N BOMB THE CITY MYSELF.

im a little late...but i agree

Originally posted by timbo+Sep 16 2005, 12:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (timbo - Sep 16 2005, 12:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>as far as the buff..you gotta for get about it..who cares..they buff, its fare. you paint more..they buff you again..get buck wile paint day and night..buff cant keep up..keep pushing everyday..get no respect on here...gett buffed..but they cant buff it all. live eat sleep graffiti..

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-thetruthis@Sep 16 2005, 01:22 AM

20 YEARS FROM NOW DO YOU WANT NIGGAS SAYIN "THEY WERE SOME CORNY YEARS PPL JUST BITCHIN ABOUT THE BUFF, AND SAYING I WISH IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY(THE YEARS 2005 AND 2006 WAS A COUPLE DEAD GRAFF YEARS)..........NAW MANN I WANT THEM TO SAY THAT SHIT WAS BOMBED BACK IN THE MOTHA FUCKIN OLD SCHOOL I WISH, I WAS AROUND BOMBIN IN THE YEAR 2005!!

That's what I'm talkin bout!!! Rally the troops!!!:king: :king: :king: :king:

yo the buff is slower then its been is a long ass time. there is some big black smack you in the face tags in "next day buff" areas that been living for going on 3 weeks. im talking down town center city on number streets...none of those ducky allys. i also found some Razz law1 tags from '95 that some how got around the buff in center city. i was gonna rock a fill-in but didnt want those to get buffed b4 i can filck them. yo sf, this is it...the troops gonna be ready. if the buff is slow now it might as well be concidered on vacation when the winter comes thru...the city is gonna be black white and chrome by christmas...and what ever else we use.

oh man

I love to read some of the people on the ignorant right talking about anything and it makes me shake my head aboud how sad this world can be at times. Also, the left is often just embarassing. Particularly when it is the Democratic party -- albeit a few of them. I don't know if I'd really call them left of center though. It's just sad and embarassing and people don't really think before they talk. It's embarassed. and HORNY! just playing.

Cheer...

I agree with your statement completely.

Most old heads that had skill never hated the newer generation only when their styles were copped. Guys like Curve and esteme are the future of philly graff. Esteme esp. has his own flair and you know when it's his style. I actually like the cat Adapt also, Saw some cool pieces by him on the train lines. A great piecer or tagger is all from flow that is developed year after year. Times are different and I always believe you look into the past to progress into the future. I would love to see more writers today be bold and brave with their styles, stretch the style and bombing. Maybe to being an oldhead, being around about 20 or more philly writers that all had original piecing styles that were so badass, I am biased, but I go what I see now out there. With maybe 3-5 writers with really good style. Aerosol still flows through my veins, and get juiced when I see new tags and pieces around town.

Peace.................