Philadelphia

noschool2day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

big ups to segway for keepin the thread alive! props to ADS,czer,out,ronin,ideo and ... Ruen over Coda...to bad he was there first.props to agua,drama, and cause for doning SOMETHING!

as far as philly hittin its peak only time will tell and the ninties were unbelievable will they be topped???????not yet.

everything has been done but some people are doing SOMETHING. the fall is coming we will rise.... p.s. dont pay attention to internet chit chatter.

Originally posted by GrafFreedom@Sep 13 2005, 08:08 PM

big ups to segway for keepin the thread alive! props to ADS,czer,out,ronin,ideo and ... Ruen over Coda...to bad he was there first.props to agua,drama, and cause for doning SOMETHING!

as far as philly hittin its peak only time will tell and the ninties were unbelievable will they be topped???????not yet.

everything has been done but some people are doing SOMETHING. the fall is coming we will rise.... p.s. dont pay attention to internet chit chatter.

True that.During the 90s tagging took a different direction.Lots of heads from the 80s weren`t bombing that much anymore and somehow it all seemed dead...

Grafitti was then ressurected in the mid 90s,that`s when graf started making it`s mark again.The 90s grafitti had tons of heavy hitters with mad style,it was all about the TAG,how big it was,how fat the cap was or,the spot u think nobody could ever hit.Similar to the 80s you could say but with more definition.There were many new faces and crews that came out strong and wrecked shop.

The 90s was also a time of the re-birth of the OLD HEADZ,the ones who inspired us to express ourselves today....

Tagging today seems to me like it went down south.I don`t know if half the ppl in here knows what grafitti and the history involved with it is.To me it looks like they do it just because jo-blow does it and they wanna be part of something they are not ready to understand.Just like hip-hop.I asked a young kid the other day I heard freestyling at the bus terminal if he ever heard of The GURU from GANGSTAAR or KOOL KEITH from the ULTRA MAGNETIC MCs and all the kid said was "who them?".....That`s how I feel about it.

Topping the 90s?I don`t think it could be done,just like the 90s can`t top the 80s or the 70s.Every generation makes its own mark.......and we do make `em.