Philadelphia

noschool2day

i like hella cause theres no real east coast word that says the same thing...its kind of played out now cause like paris hilton types say it, but it would be kind of corny to give up on it just cause it blew up...thats like people who stop liking good bands just cause they blow up

fools is funny cali slang cause sometime si slip and say it to like non down people like "were you hagning with those fools on friday?" and people will get heated like "nah son they aint fools"..and i gotta explain to fools what fools means

and yeah MAC machine is the shit, thats hellllla philly, fool

and CRICK for CREEK

im glad i never picked up pittsburgh slang, they call soda = pop and sneakers - tennisshoes

first time i heard that i was like "i dont play tennis, fool!"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don't forget about straw-BURRIES, RA-diators, towels = Towools, bagels = behgulls, and the list goes on..... cant forget how my fiends from Port Richmond grew up knowing gelatis as "radio bawls". I xant even begin to imagine how that came about.......

aight..

seein' yiz!

don't forget about straw-BURRIES, RA-diators, towels = Towools, bagels = behgulls, and the list goes on..... cant forget how my fiends from Port Richmond grew up knowing gelatis as "radio bawls". I can't even begin to imagine how that came about.......

aight..

seein' y'iz!

i said wheres your MAC machine to a woman at a register in cali and she stared back at me for a good minute, and then i repeated myself and she was like oooooooooh, atm machine.

and good luck finding a simple ass, plain, cheap slice of pizza on the west coast. DC and baltimore insist on putting their slices on aluminum foil.

Originally posted by frijoles@Jul 11 2005, 08:27 PM

don't forget about straw-BURRIES, RA-diators, towels = Towools, bagels = behgulls, and the list goes on..... cant forget how my fiends from Port Richmond grew up knowing gelatis as "radio bawls". I can't even begin to imagine how that came about.......

aight..

seein' y'iz!

Yeah.. my wife came up on them radio ballz!... i still fuck wit her about that. but espozito's was the only place i ever really seen 'em.

OH and don't forget Philly's acAme... i know a few cats be like

SA-urdee, or tuesdee.

Originally posted by deformatron@Jul 11 2005, 08:43 PM

DC and baltimore insist on putting their slices on aluminum foil.

What's wrong with aluminum foil?

It gives the paper plates some form, since you usually are given two plates to hold the pizza. (*DC's Pizza is generally 2 to 3 times larger than most slices. Also known as "The Jumbo Slice". I don't know how they do it in Baltimore.)

Besides, aluminum foil is good to put on your teeth after you eat, especially if you don't already have gold fronts. Git wit the program.

faucet = spicket

also yall know JAWN is the philly equivalent of SMURF...you can substitute jawn for anything, only philly people can understand that shit

"oh shit you seen them 2 jawns on the strip?!"

"pass me that jawn"

"you seen that jawn on 95?"

"jawn go home"

all different meanings, makes total sense to us

look. first off. those neen jawns are not awesome. sorry. i don't know dude or dude who's posting them but they are not good. I am not the foremost authority on wickeds but that shit is hurt. I'm sure that plenty of others on here will agree. get your shit tight and get it off this forum until you do so. dont go getting your panties in a bunch about it either. just follow this advice.

i mean that shit isnt perfect, but at least its in the right direction...that much closer to a real wicked than alot of other shit that gets posted on here....theres some writers that are hella up in philly now that think a "wicked" just means like putting squggly lines in each letter.....not trying to start an argument, just saying i dont think those things are *that* bad...the HA jawns even look alright, at least the A does.

just saying a lot worse hands get put on here everyday

Originally posted by cheerleader@Jul 11 2005, 10:52 PM

faucet = spicket

also yall know JAWN is the philly equivalent of SMURF...you can substitute jawn for anything, only philly people can understand that shit

"oh shit you seen them 2 jawns on the strip?!"

"pass me that jawn"

"you seen that jawn on 95?"

"jawn go home"

all different meanings, makes total sense to us

only philly people...nah. you would swear i was from philly the amount i use that shit. i explain it as jawn is THE general noun for anything

damn yo, i would of never posted that t-shirt if i new it was going to turn the philly graff thread into the philly dialect thread, haha.

seriously though, i grew up saying "MAC machine"...that's the first time i heard someone refference it to philly dialect....i thought everyone said that shit.

i said "sike" to someone from london and they had no clue what i was talking about...i thought that shit would of been universal by now, haha.