Philadelphia

noschool2day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MORE 54VILLE NEWS:

ON SUNDAY MORNING an upset Derrell Savage called his mother.

"I don't want to hang around them no more," he said of his friends. "Something bad happened."

A day later Savage and his three friends were behind bars, accused of luring Christine Ham, 15, of Chester Township, to a deserted corner of Bartram Gardens Park by the Schuylkill, beating and stabbing her dozens of times, trying to light her socks on fire and them dumping her in the river.

It was a brutal, planned-out killing that evokes the murder two years ago of 16-year-old Jason Sweeney, who also had been lured to his death by a group of false friends.

Savage, 20; Demarcus Hamms, 19; Felicia Dawson, 19, and John Garrett, 17, all of whom live within blocks of one another in Southwest Philadelphia, will have a preliminary hearing next week at which more details about the crime may emerge.

But already, from the accused killers' confessions and from interviews with their families, a partial picture of this group and their night of alleged murderous evil is starting to develop.

Ever since a fight in Chester Township on March 13 in which, apparently, Hamms, Dawson and Savage were injured, the group had been plotting a revenge, police say. It's not clear why they had been in the municipality, which abuts the city of Chester.

And that neighborhood in Chester Township where Christine lived, Toby Farms, can be rough, police said.

"We've been having trouble with drugs there," said Chester Township Police Chief Tim Wilson.

Garrett's mother said yesterday that the suspects think Ham "set them up."

So for the subsequent month, they discussed their payback, police said.

The plan was simple: take Christine to a quiet spot and destroy her. The group convinced her to come to the park by promising some kind of sexual activity, police said - possibly lesbian or bisexual activity.

All four suspects told police that they had been involved in the killing, although their statements suggest that Hamms and Dawson were the ringleaders, police said. Garrett may just have served as a lookout and Savage also was less involved, sources said.

Indeed, Savage's mother says her son never thought they were going to carry it out.

"He didn't believe it was really going to happen. My son is gullible," she said.

Garrett's mom said that on Saturday evening, Hamms came to Garrett's house and said to him, "Come take a walk with us."

They brought Christine to a shady corner of Bartram Gardens Park, where kids frequently come to party and smoke pot, neighbors said.

Once there, they stabbed and tortured her for more than hour, police allege. They tried to set her socks on fire and they dumped her in the river. She screamed and struggled, to no avail.

Savage's mother said her son had tried to stop them.

"Derrell tried to help her and Demarcus started threatening him," she said.

Christine managed to crawl out of the river. She died on the banks late Saturday or early Sunday morning, likely after the group left.

Sunday morning Savage called his mother, afraid. He went to the police soon after, and by the next day all four were rounded up.

Family and friends of the suspects said they were shocked that any of them could be involved in such a crime.

Savage's family described him as a gentle young man, easily swayed.

"He looked up to Demarcus [Hamms]," Savage's mother said. "He'd do anything Demarcus wanted him to do."

Dawson's family said she was a nice girl, but had some psychological problems.

"She's a sweetheart," a neighbor said. "She was just a little slow. That's why her family tried to keep her close."

The neighbor added: "I think she was probably manipulated by her associates because of her mental problems. They knew she had mental problems. They took advantage of her and for that reason she may wind up dying."

Dawson, like Garrett, attended Bartram High School.

Garrett's mom said, "My son was the type of son who goes to school, comes home, plays video games and listens to his music. He's a good kid. He didn't bother nobody, never hung out on the corner or nothing."

Hamm's family did not respond to requests for comment.

Despite what their families say, the suspects have admitted having taking part in the savage killing, according to police.

So, for now, the parents of Garrett and Savage say their sons are terrified about what will happen next.

"He's scared," Garrett's mom said. "He wants to come home. He said, 'I didn't do anything. I didn't touch nobody.' "

And Savage's mom said her son's life is ruined.

"His life will never be the same," she said. "I'm sure he's not sleeping. He couldn't sleep this weekend."

THAT PLACE IS CURSED

liq.jpg

bx285.jpg

jst.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

dam beelk.your postin a ife lineup here with these 3 flix..good shit. and maybe its just the oe talkin, but talent has really went downhill in the past 10 yrs. seriously, theres only a handful of cats still keepin philly flavor alive.

i mean 4 real, your average writer from 15-20 yrs ago, would be a king nowadays.. and what hapened to style, doesnt any1 have theyre own anymore?????? or is it all recyclables??

fillysfinest, you seem 2 b the only 1 wit the ol skool flavor, wanna buy a MD biscuit?????? only 30$ ;)

dam beelk.your postin a ife lineup here with these 3 flix..good shit. and maybe its just the oe talkin, but talent has really went downhill in the past 10 yrs. seriously, theres only a handful of cats still keepin philly flavor alive.

i mean 4 real, your average writer from 15-20 yrs ago, would be a king nowadays.. and what hapened to style, doesnt any1 have theyre own anymore?????? or is it all recyclables??

....that handful is KMD