namedropping in oakland....

17reasonswhy

When - november 10th 20000001

what - "NameDropping" Art exhibition/cave paintings/graffilthyfineassart/nonsense/perfection/poetic liberty

where - The Creamery .... 7th and w grand...i think

who.....and heres the good part..........lots of OG bay area graff artists demonstrating that not all of the best shit is on the walls for the public to see........some of it lurks in basements and closets...we are breaking out the good shit that is generally saved for company.. ....and now is the time to give back a little to the community you love to write on........do the right thang.....show up and check your expectations at the door.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

an update.......

okay....i shot off a little prematurely...(hey it happens to all of us once..right?)...but heres the real DL......and i post this to all the good folks out there in the bay area.....drive there, fly there, ride your bike there, break yer homies out of lockup, just do what you have to......AND.......look for the flier.......

Nov.10th- Nov.???....not sure...most likely a month...?>>

Opening Night -Friday Nov 10th. 7pm- til ?

2517 San Pablo Ave.Oakland Ca.

12 ST FOR BART..WALK OUT 14TH STREET EXIT ,UP SAN PABLO.

Wet Paint- A collective showcase of artists whose works are known to appear on the landscapes and streets of Modern America.

....a healthy handful of SF/Bay Area cave painters and innovators getting up cause we can.....

Music, drinks, and good things to look at....and a rumor about guiness sponsorship.........

for more info call 510-663-3553.

you know that would be a great idea.......but no....there is a time and a place for everything......but don't let that keep you from checking it out......i mean...it is in the city of oakland and it has been rumored that oakland has a wall or two........if yer into that kind of thing.....;) ;) ;) ;)

ya know.......just be patient... i posted a bunch of the names already and nobody seemed to question them..they were actually up there for about a 1/2 week.. but then i edited the name thang......for the obvious reasons of security and peoples names putting the heat on to what could otherwise be a fine event........just don't worry your purdy little head.....if you show up you won't be disappointed..... and leave the judges robe at the door:scramble: :scramble: :scramble: :scramble:

Give...me...a...BREAK! You're gallery obviously had never even seen a graff show before - I'm getting kind of sick of the Creamery talking so big about themselves when the few experiences I have had have shown that no one there knows what they are doing.

You don't have to hide people's names from the very people that will be attending a show, that's how you get other writers interested! It's not like they have to be masked and shit! There won't be any heat at a gallery event, just a bunch of wine and cheese snobs "oh, it's like they peeled this right off the train and put it on a canvas..."

Sorry to say, but one of the only writers that the OPD really had their eye one has now passed on...RIP DREAM!

Originally posted by I Luv Roo

Give...me...a...BREAK! You're gallery obviously had never even seen a graff show before - I'm getting kind of sick of the Creamery talking so big about themselves when the few experiences I have had have shown that no one there knows what they are doing.

You don't have to hide people's names from the very people that will be attending a show, that's how you get other writers interested! It's not like they have to be masked and shit! There won't be any heat at a gallery event, just a bunch of wine and cheese snobs "oh, it's like they peeled this right off the train and put it on a canvas..."

Sorry to say, but one of the only writers that the OPD really had their eye one has now passed on...RIP DREAM!

ouch!......say i just want you to come and check it out....i will post the flyer once it is done and you can look at that...or heck you can email me and i will tell you anything you want to know..........i really did have the names up there for like a week but people wanted to not be so public about it......so i edited the post.......just write me for more details.....and i hope to see you at the show`

It will be a good show as long as you show up. And when you see the list of people who will be participating, then at that time if you want to expose your ignorance and such, feel free.Until then, don't even trip.In the meantime, go ahead and get up all over in that area so we will know who is really holding things down in the O.....

yup, that is what I thought.

Ghostown is no joke..and you are not up there.

Why would I scramble to get up for a week just for an art show? Seems pretty freakin superficial to me. By getting up a week prior to an event is certainly not holding anything down - people should know that much about graff at least.

Let's talk about Oakland for a sec...I really don't think any individual OR crew is holding it down too much right now, not even me. I've been around for a long time, and I know alot of people with alot of skills - but it's been dead for a while. There are toys running around doing damage here and there, but their time will soon be up - I feel very confident making that prediction. You don't know who I am, and IF you do know who I am you wouldn't be saying that I am ignorant. When I make a statement, there are definite reasons for it. If you want to just pass it off as judgement and ignorance, so be it, we shall see in the end who is right. I'll go to the opening for sure and see for myself who all these OG's are - maybe one of them is you.

Ghostown?

What the hell is Ghostown? I've been living in the East Bay since Hammertime (though not writing the whole time) and I've never heard anybody refer to anywhere as Ghostown. I've heard West Oakland called Dogtown before. The Creamery is more like Downtown.

So we'll see how the show is. Other than this post, I haven't heard a peep about this show from anybody. Other Creamery shows have gotten little to no promotion and coverage, so that is why some writers might be doubtful. If your show doesn't include Giant, Meut, Ceaver, and a few chioce others, than it ain't OG Oakland.

Either way, see you at the show, everyone.

Good luck!

FOR THE SAKE OF FINE PRINT............"Lots of OG bay area graff".....THE SHOW IS IN OAKLAND.....HOWEVER THE SHOW IS INCLUSIVE OF ALL THE BAY AREA AND A LITTLE BEYOND AS WELL.......IF YOU SUPPORT THE GRAFF CULTURE THEN COME AND SHOW IT. EVERYONE WHO IS SHOWING HAS BEEN PART OF THE SCENE HERE IN THE BAY AREA FOR AT LEAST A QUICK MINUTE....OTHERS FOR THE WHOLE HOUR...THIS GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE SOME OF THE OTHER MEDIUMS THAT CAVE PAINTERS USE TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES.....IT IS NOT WHOLEY GRAFFCENTRIC....BUT THE ROOTS WILL BE APPARENT ...IT WOULD BE A WELL SPENT NOV 10TH AND YA CAN'T BEAT FREE PINTS OF GUINESS............HOPE ALL IN THE AREA CAN MAKE THE DATE AND IF NOT THEN KEEP YER EYES PEELT FOR THE NEXT ONE.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INQUIRIES AND WE WILL SEE YOU THEN

Please help get the word out about this show....

ORFN RENOS CYME742 DIET ROLEX QUAKE PASTIME KLEVR MARVL LECS USE ERUPTOE327 DEFIE and others...

Bring you and your posee and represent.It will have music, drinks and a good vibe to it. These people should qualify as having some credentials in terms of being down don't ya think?.

They are not as OG as phresh,vogue,echo,styles,serf,tony-x-, etc..but they have paid their dues.

Come out and support and tell a damn friend.

Nov.10 th. 7pm- til?....

Originally posted by cleansheets

Nov.10 th. 7pm- til?....

You know it's gonna be a wild party because it says from 7pm til question mark....

we don't when it's gonna end!

It seems like any party that is from some time till ? is from that time until about an hour later.

This is just a joke on the phrase 7pm-? - not the show in general.

will be there should be fun. bringin some or a lot of friends. and i love roo, i hope to see you there. and 17reasons, its about time that i meet you, dammit. ;) whatever the case is (this topic went to so many tangents and i am too tired to read), all of the artists that are show casing are very talented, whether it is graf or on canvas, so it should be a very good opening. plus, all those guys are crazy :crazy: but i love them all.

Originally posted by Devilush

will be there should be fun. bringin some or a lot of friends. and i love roo, i hope to see you there. and 17reasons, its about time that i meet you, dammit. ;) whatever the case is (this topic went to so many tangents and i am too tired to read), all of the artists that are show casing are very talented, whether it is graf or on canvas, so it should be a very good opening. plus, all those guys are crazy :crazy: but i love them all.

oh hell yeah.....i needed to hear that....bizump:crazy:

Guest dontworrieaboutit

nov. 10th?????

today is november 10th, which is not a friday. i am confused. hopefully you just got the day of the week wrong, and not the day of the month... can someone clarify this...

Archived