Going straight edge?

ASK

ive been sxe for about 6 years now and at first it was hard as hell but after awhile you dont even think about drinking or smoking..all the kids i know that were sxe and ended up stopping were the kids who were dicks to people who got fucked up..you just gotta chill..all my friends smoke around me and everyday they still ask me if i wanna smoke...just dont be serious about it to the point where you hate people that do drugs and shit and cant chill with them...and fuck the scene, just do your own shit.

---heckboogie..li sxe---

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL has the floor.

When Ian MaKaye was screaming I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't fuck. At least I can fucking think!".....

he was speaking about things that seem to overcome peoples very existence and in turn become an obsticle in their lives.

as a whole, humans have a really bad addictive personality, and also self confidance problems galore.

couple that with things that can seem to take away the pain and are readily available. its no long stretch to think that they would become socialy aceptable, and even almost socialy demanding. like if you dont partake, you would be the odd man/woman out.

and on a side note...when he was refering to sex, he was refering to casual sex.

think about it. too much baggage comes along with that also.

it fucks your mind up.

its not that these individual things are horrible in their own right, but more along the lines, that people can't really handle them selves around each of these things. they all impare your judgement. getting behind the wheel, not putting on the rubber in the heat of the moment, and yeah. even cigarettes, with out them people will have a harder time solving problems, and remaining calm. it forces you to need it.

sXe as fuck......since 86. shackled and proud.

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

it IS about keeping your head clear and not giving into pressures that you dont agree with just on the basis of weak acceptance. be a monkey wrench in the gears. stick. retain longevity and THEN you will have great stories for your grandkids when everyone else is telling them either lies or drunk guy stories.

Damn Straight

afuckingmen brothas

i went "straight edge" about a year ago. and since then i have been getting alot of shit for it.

but another thing that keeps me sober, is knowing that the ignorant pieces of shit who dont/cant

respect other peoples choices or opinions in my school get bent out of shape cause i have one sxe

t-shirt. i dont x my hands up, i dont push my values on them, i just choose not to drink and do drugs and

have casual sex. i wear one t-shirt and they are ready to fight me....losers

ogbistootiredfor12ouncetoday

Originally posted by cracked ass

You don't need to "be" straightedge or anything else that has a school of thought attached to it. You can just not drink, or not smoke, or whatever particular abstinence would clear your head. It's a lonely road, but if you stick to it long enough you will shake out the less desirable friends you have and find out which are the real ones - those who accept you for what you are. The people I respect the most are the ones who were cool to me when I was a partier, and are cool to me now that I've given up substances. I'm not straightedge, I just don't drink, and have little or no motivation to do other drugs these days. I'm not interested in a prefab philosophy, I just do my thing and don't have a name for it.

this is exactly how i feel about it. ..

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

...you will have great stories for your grandkids when everyone else is telling them either lies or drunk guy stories.

______________________________________-

i dont know man, i got some pretty good drunk stories....

Guest bigdork

This is an inspiring thread, ive never been involved in the strait edge scene, although i have refused to put chemicals in my body for 9 years now, and meat for the last year, i grew up with drugs and alcohol in my family, so my decsion seemed to stem from pure common sense, this shit fucked my family up, so I refuse to allow it into my life as an adult. My problem is I still have chemical people who i am very close too, crew members and my gilfriend, it seems as though its an endless battle to make the people you care about realize how unoriginal and self-destructing drugs and alcohol are.

• 1 year later...

can someone explain what sxe is to me? is it like an organized group that chooses not to do things? what does X's on ur hands have to do with anything? or red shirts?

I've never smoke or drank, thats mostly because neither of my parents do and they dont allow it, so i dont really see the need to. I have lots of friends that do all that stuff and it doesnt really affect me.

i dont wanna be a dick but just look for the 85 other threads on sxe.

i have lots of friends who drink drug and smoke, i go to parties and hang out with people while im drinking coke and theyre doin keg stands.

LIVE AND LET LIVE.

You don't need to "be" straightedge or anything else that has a school of thought attached to it. You can just not drink, or not smoke, or whatever particular abstinence would clear your head. It's a lonely road, but if you stick to it long enough you will shake out the less desirable friends you have and find out which are the real ones - those who accept you for what you are. The people I respect the most are the ones who were cool to me when I was a partier, and are cool to me now that I've given up substances. I'm not straightedge, I just don't drink, and have little or no motivation to do other drugs these days. I'm not interested in a prefab philosophy, I just do my thing and don't have a name for it.

well said, i hate labels.

Personally I think that sXe is weak, it takes more willpower to drink/take drugs responsibly than to stop alltogether. Its like the easy way out almost.

I also dont like the idea that you have to have a scene, then its not a moral descision is a social one.

Guest SIVIK

Exactly!^^^

Archived