Is this Taki 183???

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you imbecils that say "cavemen" were the first to "write" on walls are prime examples of the gradeschool brainwashing of western society.

When those troglodites were thawing out from the 20,000 years of ice age, Afrika south of the Sahara Desert was already saturated with Scenic paintings and carrvings on STONE.

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th@Jun 6 2005, 12:29 PM

All you imbecils that say "cavemen" were the first to "write" on walls are prime examples of the gradeschool brainwashing of western society.

When those troglodites were thawing out from the 20,000 years of ice age, Afrika south of the Sahara Desert was already saturated with Scenic paintings and carrvings on STONE.

woaaah. you're such a progressive activist. "western society brainwashing" whatever "quotation marks" whatever.

were those writings on "STONE" in caves? then those were "cavemen" and "cavewomen" if you're breaking down the patriarchal sexist paradigm. fucking afrika bambatta with a k because c is from the "white man" shit. fuck you.

im drunk.

Guest -40 trooper

i read somewhere that taki hates graffiti now and he wishes he never had his name in the newspaper cos he feel responsible for it getting out of control or something like that

IF U CHECK OUT THE BOOK CALLED ORIGINS (ITS A NON FICITON BOOK ABOUT WHERE HUMANS EVOLVED FROM AND HOW HUMANS MIND HAS WORKED THROUGH EVOLUTION) THEY HAVE ONE OR TWO PICS ON OLD ASS SHIT FROM 50'S AND 60'S ON A BUS AND SOME TRAINS IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.I CAN BUMP THE FACT THAT KILROY ROCKS A PIC IN THIS BOOK.HAPPY HUNTING

ok. so no one is a 100% positive about the kilroy stuff. best that can be said is that is was a phenomenon that was propogated by many. modern graffiti is a result of pop culture, which is what seperates it from all prior forms of graffiti. split hairs if u want. i know everyone wants to be able to pin point one archetype but I think what we have on our hands is something that was inevitable and brought about by the forces of nature and life and art. the focus with graffiti seems to be the forest not so much the tree. oh yeah.... I almost forgot, bump, dope style, fresh pics, always original, one of the true kings, always brings the funk, yadda yadda yaddas.

Originally posted by hava_nagila+Jun 6 2005, 06:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hava_nagila - Jun 6 2005, 06:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pharaoh145th@Jun 6 2005, 12:29 PM

woaaah. you're such a progressive activist. "western society brainwashing" whatever "quotation marks" whatever.

were those writings on "STONE" in caves? then those were "cavemen" and "cavewomen" if you're breaking down the patriarchal sexist paradigm. fucking afrika bambatta with a k because c is from the "white man" shit. fuck you.

im drunk.

[/b]

Hey Genious,

If those writings were in caves i would have mentioned that fact.

Western Society would have you believe that civilization spawned from hunched over, cave dwellers who due to severe climatical changes in europe were forced to retreat into caves, live among their own feces, beat their women and eat their meat raw. These are the creatures that after about 20,000 years of these conditions MUTATED into what we now know as "The White Man".

And all the while, the inhabitants of AFRIKA were going about their business, as they had for countless thousands of years...

Working out all the logistics of sustainable living. They observed and studied nature and the elements, Mapped out the stars, invented the calendar, figured out the pressesion of the equinoxes, developed Agriculture, Ranching, Verbal and Non-Verbal comunication, the written Language, the Arts and Sciences, religion, politics etc etc and etc.

When the once, green, wet, and vegetated Sahara area began to dry up and become a desert, the people had to migrate, but thanks to the dry air and salty effects of desert sand, thousands of pieces of Painted and Carved rock art was preserved on the desert plateaus.

But you won't find that publicized in National Geographic or the Discovery Chanel.

DASH167th

FC /TC5

Now come and say "Fuck You" to my face, chump. I'm thorough with mine.

i really dont think theres any way of saying for sure who started graff. i mean if you want to go way way way back and talk about ancient civilizations from around the world painting on rocks and stuff whatever. if you want to talk about who started this form of graff, the hip hop, tagging, style of graffiti, then sure cornbread and taki 183 are founding fathers, but theres no way of proving that either one of them was the first. im sure kids been writting their names all over the place for years before taki or cornbread ever did. taki and cornbread both got reconized and got the movement rolling, but i doubt that they were honestly the very first.

this is stupid to argue over because no one can prove a thing.

ps....did you know that the first known laws against graffiti were in ancient rome? they had a huge problem with people writting and drawing on the walls.

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th+Jun 7 2005, 06:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pharaoh145th - Jun 7 2005, 06:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by hava_nagila@Jun 6 2005, 06:48 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Pharaoh145th@Jun 6 2005, 12:29 PM

im drunk.

Hey Genious,

Western Society would have you believe that civilization spawned from hunched over, cave dwellers who due to severe climatical changes in europe were forced to retreat into caves, live among their own feces, beat their women and eat their meat raw. These are the creatures that after about 20,000 years of these conditions MUTATED into what we now know as "The White Man".

And all the while, the inhabitants of AFRIKA were going about their business, as they had for countless thousands of years...

Working out all the logistics of sustainable living. They observed and studied nature and the elements, Mapped out the stars, invented the calendar, figured out the pressesion of the equinoxes, developed Agriculture, Ranching, Verbal and Non-Verbal comunication, the written Language, the Arts and Sciences, religion, politics etc etc and etc.

When the once, green, wet, and vegetated Sahara area began to dry up and become a desert, the people had to migrate, but thanks to the dry air and salty effects of desert sand, thousands of pieces of Painted and Carved rock art was preserved on the desert plateaus.

But you won't find that publicized in National Geographic or the Discovery Chanel.

DASH167th

FC /TC5

[/b]

dude, you could have just typed "shut up"

now allow me to get drunk to type up a reply...

Originally posted by hava_nagila+Jun 7 2005, 12:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hava_nagila - Jun 7 2005, 12:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Pharaoh145th@Jun 7 2005, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by hava_nagila@Jun 6 2005, 06:48 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Pharaoh145th@Jun 6 2005, 12:29 PM

im drunk.

Hey Genious,

DASH167th

FC /TC5

dude, you could have just typed "shut up"

now allow me to get drunk to type up a reply...

[/b]

damn professor, how far we really tryin to go back?? its almost like talkin about religon, lets get back to who started the whole tagging thing, letters, gettting up.

human development aside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if you talk with guys like Phase2 and Blade, they will rattle off names of guys who in fact were the pionneers and inovators of the art as we know it.

Taki was def one of the more "up" writers which was what caught the eye of those who wrote those first stories.

History is always His-story depending on who you speak with.

one thing is for sure: there were alot of names that were doing alot before and during Taki's time. some have been documented ....some are now just memories......As for Taki 183 he will always be and should always be remembered and referred to because ultimatly it was his name that got this whole thing blown up.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

cornbread is a liar... BOBBY BECK was the first person to actively write hs name on city walls AND transit walls on a scale beyond neighborhood/gang graffiti... 1959. You dont have to believe... but i know, ive seen first hand.

ask cornbread if you ever meet him, i GARAUNTEE he will downplay it... because he KNOWS.

also a movie just came out on cornbreads life.. you should google it. i think its called "cry of the ghetto" or something, try that.

Archived