Volkswagen's

TuffGuy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv had a mk3 jetta for over 7 years now. absolutly love it. one of my rear windows dont go down because of the regulator..cheap money tho. and iv replaced the tranny after about a year (it was my second car and i beat the shit out of it daily, still do) with a used one from a junkyard. its not stock at all really but i still have had no major issues. it is a vr6 tho and i dont care for the 2.0.. stick with the 6 cylinder and you will be happy.

edit: i have close to 170k on it. still smokes every non turboed honda around

Re: Volkswagen's

so swerve a mk3 with 53,000 on the clock and then look for a mk2 with 140,000 on the clock for the same price? or am i better with a mk1? i really want something wee and german, most of all reliable over anything.

something tells me i'm pissin' in the wind though

I got love for MK1's and MK2's. MK3's had wicked electrical problems ... at least in North America.

If you're looking at a car you are considering buying just make sure you get an inspection done.

• 2 weeks later...

VWs are a lot like any other car, if you take care if them, they'll last a long time. unfortunately the passat i bought is a piece of shit and has been one problem after another because it was poorly maintained by the previous owners. pretty sure were just gonna buy something newer, let it sit and do the more serious repairs before getting rid of it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...