perth city

MkaRats.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Aiight, im saying this because im a mad hiphop fan. Im sick of seeing the scene missrepresented by shit on the streets and bullshit bickering on the net forums. NOT because im trying to be an arse, all of you narrow minded enough to think otherwise should try making toast whilst in a nice warm bath with your toaster on your lap, you might be lucky enough to survive and hopfully then you will have learnt your lesson.

99% of you on this thread are all either an insault to graffiti and consiquently hiphop as a culture or just way to fucking stupid to understand what hiphops about. Both cases should quit the scene because your not doing it any favours. If you dont, hit the books before you open your mouths on this thread again. Dont be suprised if someone goes to the lengths to track you down and glue your minty whites to the back of your skull with their steelcaps because your trashtalking the scene with your lack of knowledge.

Its pathetic and to a very limited extent humouring that you all bitch about biting, graffiti started over 30 years ago, to get good enough to do somthing original your going to have to do a whole lot of biting. "Oh warep your wrong i dont bite ive never seen anything like the peice i sketched up last night." 2 possible reasons for that you havnt bin in the scene long enough or its just plain shit. Either way i sudgest you hit the books, rather then insaulting the scene even more with going out and putting it on the streets and bringing even more shame upon yourself, contributing to the negitive stigma attached with graffitti artists and most importantly bringing down the heat on experienced true writers that are good enough to be putting their own original work out there. Hint: Even when learning try to bite as little as possible to further your own style. The bitching itself is pathetic, are you really that stupid to think that insaulting them is going to make them listen? In the words of the great Hilltop Hoods "you inflate your ego by deflating others", simply put your an arsehole. Hiphop wasnt made for arseholes, if your not willing to change i have a saying for you, "bad things happen to bad people" and "nobody helps people they dont like." So good luck with that.

For the 1% who do represent truely, i doubt you even read this thread anymore which is a shame would of loved to of seen and learnt from your knowledge, perspective and work. Sorry i ranted and cant back this up with some flicks, all of mine are to recent and i havnt got my mates camera memory card on me with our combined stash. Will get to it soon though. I sopose i dont really need to because those to arogant to accept my advice and learn from it wont be around to long after they cop their first court summonsing.

Take it on board guys and make this thread worth looking at.

Peace

If you're going to write big rants, you might want to "hit the books" yourself. Also, the more times you refer to 'hip-hop culture', the less I want to listen to you. Lastly, Hilltop Hoods are not great, and yes, I'm fully aware that I'm proving their 'point' just by writing this. That was your opinion, this is mine. I leave you wth a quote from the great Lil Wayne.....

'...I hit your Misses. You are local news, I'm 60 minutes'

Aiight, im saying this because im a mad hiphop fan. Im sick of seeing the scene missrepresented by shit on the streets

Hate to get in on the ranting but I just can't help myself:

Graffiti is what's "in the streets", not what's misrepresented "in the street". Graffiti is not in your imagination, on the internet, in your fucking black book, in your headphones or on your latest hip hop album cover. It is whatever the fuck is being actually done... wait for it "in the streets yo". Now if that's "JAnE LuRvs RiCky 4 eVa" then sorry captain hip hop but that's just the way it is. If you don't like it get out, put some work in and have your say.

Secondly, graffiti and hip hop are two different things. Granted, for a lot of people they are very closely affiliated but for a lot of people they aren't. I painted yesterday but damned if I can remember the last time I got busy on the lino...

*Disclaimer: No flicks for my rant because I haven't been to Perth in a long time. Suck it.

hahahahahhahahahhahaha, who the fuck quotes hilltop hoodz, talks like there some king and comes out with some bitch stupid exuse like "all my flix are to recent and there at my mates place with the stash any way" your just a douche bag

what you FAIL to realize is that

*the internet what invented so that everyone in the world could trash talk and claim to be some expert on anything and everything and hide behind quirky names and e props

*Graffiti headz are no longer hip hop headz, yer we all like hip hop but i'm a metal head dude and i'm sure this site is filled with people who like all sorts of music. be sides hip hops dead, or at least dying. Australia is going to get there last ever shipment of technics 1200's in march, but i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about cuz your only into MC"s when the true birth of hip hop was the Dj's and the mic was only picked up if someones mum was at the door. and then funnilly enough evolved into other mcs lashin each other

*finally, and this one apply's to all of you exept skull and bonez(he has the write idea) get out of perth. its a wasteland

a few yrs ago there was much more of a strong presence of hip hop within the graffiti scene in perth(well when i began anyway)..(this was long before writers rocked blogs fixies and pieces that looked like a childs drawing with smiley faces or something ripped from berlin) writers who r or were mcs or mcs who r writers, mcs and djs embracing certain writers or aspects of writing within there music, take clandestien for an example.."i got fucking iller tracks than dash does on trains".. hip hop is dead in perth and has been for quite some time its revival is sure to be some time yet unfourtunately, maybe thats why its presence in graffiti here seems ever more so? i doubt in melbourne or bris or adelaide 'hip hop' itself plays less of a role least ppl put in effort there to promote the scene both graffiti and hip hop music together, graffiti isnt about hip hop 'activities' or the music entirely anymore.. it dosent need to be either, u dont need to be into breaking or dj'ing or even really listen to aus/us/uk hip hop, alot of my friends dont, but it should be RESPECTED!!! (it all did kinda stem from each other in some way like it or not) especially PERTH hip hop and not shunned upon like its some lame passe shit, just because "skip hop" is tottally lame and the in thing now is now is the alternative writer. who gives a fuck, im a hip hop head but i dont limit myself to one view of the 'graffiti culture' due to the music i tend to listen to quite oftenly, i respect all sides whatever music u listen to maybe everyone else should do the same. oh yeah i wear air maxes and nautica too by the way omg omg : O

i find it highly amuzing how some people like to preach when they can barely construct a correct paragraph with spelling mistakes.graffiti is about sniffing paint, living on the dole, beating down old ladies and occasionally drinking your own urine. dont let anyone tell you any different.

now lets break out the marshmallows and sing kumbaya.

Back again,

A common point was that Graffiti is no longer just a part of Hip-Hop culture, point taken.

As for the individual points the have bin dealt with below.

Omarlittle- You mentioned hit the books but not a reason for it. I think people in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks.

Skull+Bones- Point taken, will do!

Swineflu- You are worse then me, atleast i had a HONEST excuse for not posting you on the other hand just ranted. Clearly i was trying to change the internet point obviously your to stupid to understand that. Presuming i new nothing about anything musical besides MC'ing has only come back to bite you, i have seen Killswitch live! I also can name atleast half a dozen other metal bands if you still dont believe me. Your only valid point was that Perth is a shithole. Tell me how to post pictures. I will happily post some of my implied by yourself, faulsly excused lack of pictures.

Lootone- If that was i aimed at me, i was to lazy to check my grammar. Regardless of the spelling i'd rather get my point across in poor grammar then not at all.

Pics comming as soon as im aware of how to post them =S. Any help will be appreciated.

Upload your photos to photobucket.com. You will need to start an account if you don't have one. When you upload them they will display with an internet link below them. Copy this link. Come on here and make a post. Click the image icon above the post text space. It looks like a sun over a mountain and is kinda yellow. When you click this another box will pop up. Paste the image link in here and press okay or whatever. It will look like some internet url shit in square brackets. Post this shit. After you post it it turns into an image. Tell your friends.

I told you to hit the books because your rant was riddled with errors and horrible to read.

You told me that 'People in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks.' Firstly, I think you mean 'People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.' Secondly, are you implying that my post was also riddled with errors or did you just use that saying out of context?

In closing, I offer a little bit of information about myself. I live in Perth at the moment but may choose to leave again soon. I rarely do graffiti anymore and if I do it's almost never illegal. I listen to a variety of music, some of which may even be described as 'hip-hop.' While I think of it, do you think we could replace breakdancing with 'talking shit on the internet' as one of the '4 EleMeNtZ oF HiP hOp?' I think I'll start a Facebook group.

Omarlittle- There was an error, bringing up a point without evidence is constructing a poor arguement and technically incorrect in debating.

On another note, your a text book example of belittling others to make yourself feel good. Understanding exactly what I ment, yet you still felt the need to correct me. I have no more time for you untill you correct the error of your ways. There was an error, bringing up a point without evidence is constructing a poor arguement and technically incorrect in debating.

a>a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

More comming later tonight!