'JEPSY'

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_Europe

The book has been sold out and unavailable for years, surely a collectors item these days.

Bump for Jepsy and all these flicks that has been posted so many times.

Originally posted by trackstand+Jan 7 2005, 07:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trackstand - Jan 7 2005, 07:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-22fillmore@Jan 6 2005, 08:43 PM

germany..before i beat up that guy writing my name who jepsy placed above his piece.

Hush.

[/b]

no you hush up nigger. you start doing graff after sabotage makes you a new ass motherfucka which means i will beat you up.

I know everyones gonna hate me for saying this but I think jepsys graff is too perfect and is almost a carbon copy of seens graff ,changed a tiny bit.

Its like he bit seens train pieces and then bit seens wall pieces for when he does his 'legal' name.....

yeah jepsy has can control and he got all his 3d's right but theres no originality there.....I mean Im not the only person to think this......the same goes for bates....they just on NYC styles hard!

dont write bak to me bitching cause I aint saying this out of hate or toyness...Ive done trains

and they arnt as perfect as jepsy's but I wouldnt want them to be.....theres a certain individualism that defines an original writer and his style....for me bates and jepsy are like seen clones who try to do everystyle of letter under the sun but its all too manufactured like they studied all seens old pieces and just did a german version......

like I said they can paint well but they aint original.....and that my friends is the name of our game, boming.....if you bite.... you r WAK!

I posted these pics

a.) Cause you don't get tired looking at the shits.

be.) I'm guessing there's a lot of writers in the USA mostly new, maybe a few older writer that haven't seen his stuff, because besides the Black Books Volume there was only a few mags with his stuff & the odd book printed years ago before the internet took off.

On biting Seen , yeah those Europeans (Jepsy, Can 2, etc.. ) took a big bite outa his style. Like the Germans do - they perfect things. Its clean & accessible graff, the type of stuff that would appeal to somebody who never really looked at graff before & would say " I like that", its graff from its inception defined, like that type of graff was finally put to rest (though Can2 is still on that wagon today?!?)

If you look at Euro graff after that era it branched out into many different styles for that very reason.

So you need to go right back to Billy 167, who Seen cites as his main infulence (bit).

What's nice a Jepsys stuff is that, as i keep quoting "Germany - mid 90's -" is that around that time graff in NYC was going through a slump, with really just large productions by the FX Cru.

On West coast LA had more Gang graff, while MSK were still just honing there skills, In SanFran you could still find spots on the tunnel walls of the muni tracks.

The Midwest was looking at freights but not much else.

Meanwhile, JEPSY was rock'n the spot!

Oh yeh - its 'Jepsy 186' is this a homage to the originator?

Jesus - is there such thing as a graffiti geek - if there is I'm nearly there.