++ REAL Old-Fashioned Photographs ++

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Robert Capa (All photos circa 1930s to 1950s.)

Capa was one of the best combat photographers. Read up on him, interesting guy.

(He shot something like 110 frames at the invasion of Normandy. He sent the film back to LIFE's offices in London and some darkroom tech was so excited to see the photos he raised the temperature of the developer so the film would process faster. He processed the film at something like 150degrees F. The norm for film is between 68 and 75 degrees. All but less than two handfuls of pictures were ruined but still ran in LIFE magazine with the title, "Slightly Out of Focus"

photo2.jpg

invas.jpg

spanish civil war:

il%20milizianoweb.jpg

I can't believe I was sleeping on this thread. A newfound respect for photography. Something about those images frighten me. It always had. Seeing black and white photos from the 1800s in History class and the more gruesome war flicks... It's weird, can't really explain. Really nice thread.

3g07372v.jpg

Learning to walk for the second time

8e10837v.jpg

Bantam, Connecticut. Tony's spaghetti is a daily treat to many workers at the Warren McArthur plant, some of whom eat both lunch and dinner at Tony's Bantam Inn. In the corner is Foreman Bundock of the upholstery shop, and sitting with him is a young draftsman who just came to Bantam from a job in New York City, his home. At the table in the foreground are four office workers from the plant. Two of these girls are recent college graduates