"the king is gone, but he's not forgotten"

SCOTCH WHISKEO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thanks guys..thanks keo...just showing respect for one of my graff heroes... Back when I was little, before I ever knew what graff was I remember seeing dondi's stuff in subway art and being amazed...much, much respect..I wish he was still around and regret never getting a chance to meet him.

(I hope I didn't come across as promoting myself here...if anyone else has tributes they can post here please do so...)

RIP dondi

mr.mac-cia.top.ng

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

mrlonelyheart how were you looking in subway art before you knew what graff was?

Because B.Dalton didn't carry comics I would check out the art books in the back instead...I was just a little, comic book-obsessed kid..like around 13-14.. and knew nothing about graff until then. Being into comics as i was, the stuff in subway art really appealed to me -especially dondi's stuff. I didn't really learn about graff in my own city until a year or so later...

I'd be happy to tell my whole long heartfelt story of how I got into graff...but this thread isn't about me..but thanks for asking.

RIP DONDI....

Yeah, I havent seen the book yet, but I have it preordered from amazon.com, a friend of mine emailed me and told me to get it, in his opinion, "the best graff book ever". I really believe it will be that good. So, kids, preorder your copies, first run is gonna be sold out in stores. And, btw, that bus piece is ridiculously fresh.

CRAZY INSIDE ARTIST FOREVER KINGS DONKINGISMDONDISH 79

file:///C:/WINDOW/Desktop%DONDI%20WALL%20BY%20DUROCIA%2017.JPG'> THE BOOK IS SUPER THE BEST GRAFF BOOK OUT THERE YET, MAD MISS BY ALL WHO KNEW HIM AND THE MANY WHO DIDN'T THANKS FOR THE LOVE TO A BROTHER THAT WAS BEFORE HIS TIME CIA TOPRINTERS IN HEAVEN! SORRY I WAS GOING TO POST A FLICKS FROM THE CIA FILES BUT IT'S NOT WORKING LET ME KNOW HOW TO POST A FLICK YALL MUCH RESPECT TO ALL!

No having grown up in the US - I first experienced graf in 85 thru Subway Art and Spraycan Art. It saddened me as I learnt more, that in more recent times Dondi had passed away. Never 2 be forgotten either. Mad respect 2 a true pioneer. RIP Dondi, and mad props for the post!

PEACE

Archived