ipod alternatives

TeezerPHM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Dec 17 2004, 09:09 AM

so does anyone know of any ipod alternatives for less? it does have to hold 5000 songs just maybe like 1000 would be tight. or just a mp3 that holds hella music and isnt mad dough. thanks to those who give me feedback.

rumor has it that apple will be releasing an ultra-portable flash based ipod sometime early next year. regardless, ipod's are where it's at. your better off holding off until you can afford an ipod rather than settling for less. you get what you pay for.

^ we know how much you love the mac but there are alternatives.

like these:

item_a1.jpg

The rio Carbon is a 5GB player and sells for $250 USD

Karma_main_prod.jpg

The rio karma is a 20GB player and it sells for $300 USD.

I trust rio players because they've been at it since the early days.

Sure the iPod is better in a few ways, but these players wont let you down.

Guest diggity

rio is some honkey shit, if you cant afford an ipod, just get one of the cd players that will play mp3s, i think they are around 40 bucks.

otherwise i'd just get an ipod, its christmas time so ask for one.

I got one of the dual cd/mp3 players about 5 years ago

before it was common technology and it was the best shit ever!

10 hours of music per disc plus it looked normal.

I bet there's some street thugs just looking for those white headphones to steal.

Originally posted by PUMPKIN ESCOBAR@Dec 17 2004, 06:11 PM

Anyone mess around with the iRiver SlimX 550 MP3 Cd player? I've thinking about picking one up. I'm holding off on the iPod until a reasonable price break happens. I have a tendency to drop shit and I guarantee I'll break my iPod in a month if I got one.

there will never be a price break on anything from apple. only a second had market. ipods are selling out everywhere they're being sold. by the time sales cool off, apple will drop a new version, and the cycle will repeat itself. if you want a discount, by an old model or used one off ebay, because they'll never get more than a very slight discount in stores.

Originally posted by Misteraven+Dec 17 2004, 06:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Misteraven - Dec 17 2004, 06:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PUMPKIN ESCOBAR@Dec 17 2004, 06:11 PM

Anyone mess around with the iRiver SlimX 550 MP3 Cd player? I've thinking about picking one up. I'm holding off on the iPod until a reasonable price break happens. I have a tendency to drop shit and I guarantee I'll break my iPod in a month if I got one.

there will never be a price break on anything from apple. only a second had market. ipods are selling out everywhere they're being sold. by the time sales cool off, apple will drop a new version, and the cycle will repeat itself. if you want a discount, by an old model or used one off ebay, because they'll never get more than a very slight discount in stores.

[/b]

Damn. Apple got there shit on lock. Thanks for information though.

i thought i-pods where just a hype... like '' oh he gots it..so i gotta get it'' type deal.... but i tride one out they are good and the sound is real clear also... you dont gotta go all out 40gb but 20 is stright-

yeh and next year new ipods are comeing out, i guess they hook up into ur car or something crazy... woot go apple

You can already hook your ipod into your car numerous ways. Alpine's headunits are all compatible this year, all you have to do is buy the KCA-420i iPod interface and plug everything in (audio geekage extreme, I installed a new car stereo recently).

"Flash" iPods:

627thumb.gif