-OHIO-

HIGHTOP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Heard there was an IN THE WIZ piece in town that got gone over (!?!?!?)

You new-school kids are a sad sight if that's true.

I know IZ was in town awhile back, so that part's not in question but if someone (not naming names) REALLY went over that shit, you need to re-think your place in the game.

For those of you too newjack to not know who "IZ THE WIZ" is, you better look him up now and get your head right.

• Like 1

Heard there was an IN THE WIZ piece in town that got gone over (!?!?!?)

You new-school kids are a sad sight if that's true.

I know IZ was in town awhile back, so that part's not in question but if someone (not naming names) REALLY went over that shit, you need to re-think your place in the game.

Not looking for 3 pages of banter...I'm just saying.

For those of you too newjack to not know who "IZ THE WIZ" is, you better look him up now and get your head right.

i say amen

Update: I'm pretty sure I know what the deal is now.

There was an old school "WIZ" (not Iz The Wiz, but a Clevelander from back in the 80's.) piece over on the west side.

My sources had it wrong but that shit is still super sucky. I'll try and dig up a flick of the original some day soon.

Bottomline: Don't go over the old school shit because it was "faded" or "had a tag on it brah".

Let that shit ride until it's completely gone.

I remember back in the mid to late 80's or so, there was an old ass JUST ONE piece down on the RTA tracks by my house. That shit rode for almost 20 years! It was sun-beaten and decaying off the wall. No one touched it. Then, the city buffed that stretch of the rapid line. I saw a clean grey wall and thought "Is it even cool to paint it now?" ...I did, but I have so much respect for the piece that was there before it and made sure I rocked a nice lil' somethin' somethin' in honor of the space.

Those that don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.