-OHIO-

HIGHTOP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The roots are playing with talib kweli and dj logic tonight . for free....outside at osu for anyone that doesn't know.... it's gonna be by 315 in the parking lot .not on the oval

also der's that 40/40 party (40 cases of 40oz's)

both of these are free so be happy y'all

mapercarms.jpg.caff05d78507294376f27b8afea1ba48.jpg

fuckin cern just got up everywhere in my neighborhood (cincinnati-close to UC).. like everybuildin he just popped up.. nuthin good though.. all tags.. i think he might have been drunk.. anyway he was taggin with this guy sem who writes really big ugly bubble letters.. i dno wut thats alla bout.. ill get sum flicks on here before it all gets buffed

these are a buncha flicks i shot in heavens gate.. by norwood i guess.. ther alrite but its a chill spot so nothin really interesting ya know.. t-85103129.jpg t-85103781.jpg t-85103918.jpg t-85103632.jpg t-85103117.jpg t-85102997.jpg t-85102851.jpg t-85102817.jpg p.s. cerns alright i just think hes gettin a bit lazy.. suddenly he exploded with atleast 100 tags on my streat.. markers.. paint.. paint sticks.. everything.. and now hes gone.. havent seen a new tag in weeks.. hes gotta get up more consistantly like tesk.. gamble.. syer and all those guys.. i go up to clifton hights by U.C like once a week and their killin shit up there.. i meen its almost nasty how much shit they got.. by the way - does IOK have like 5000 members or what? seems like everyone writes IO these days- and the same dudes writin IOK are writin GPK..

the thing is about cern.. ya never nkow anymore.. cuz like.. he could be a total fruit or sumthin.. or really cocky.. his handstyles are great but his peices arent at all new.. those styles that he bites off of have been bitten off of other guys that dont even know who theyr copying.. cern good i guess but id like to meet him so i could maybe respect him on a more human level (or maybe hate him cuz he could be a bitch).. id just like to see more ppl goin all out like him so that the bar could be raised.. id be bombin my streets everynight if ther was som1 to compete with or atleast som1 else.. everyone up right now is pretty much garbage except a handfull of writers.. but most of them are gona leave soon or have already left cuz cincinnati isnt the best place for graff.. ya know wut im sayin?

Why even doubt the kid.. I don't know him but it sure seems like he's been at it for a while. he deserves props just for that...

as for biting... everything in art has been done before, so should we all just give up....?

It seems like those that innovate get hated for being different and those that imitate get hated for biting.... what is the common ground...

also what's wrong with a steady mix of bombing and chill spots.. you really can't put up ill ass burners in very many high profile spots

(granted msk, and dr. x sure seem to prove otherwise)

even at chill spots your taking your chances of getting bagged just make some art... that's sum real shit.... much more deserving of props in my book then a high profile legal... buts thats just me, I guess I just like the idea of leaving a gem in some hidden away spot for someone to stumble upon 10 or 20 years from now. (granted the channels aren't all that hid away)

anyway, my two cents is that anyone that stays at this shit seriously for longer then 5 years deserves props...

as far as I know cerns is past 10

p.s - I really would like to see your chill spot flics from above, but there too small..... I would dig it if you resized so I could peep em'

no diss....jus stating my opinion since evryone else seems ready to argue

Originally posted by myxomatosis35@May 22 2005, 04:37 PM

the thing is about cern.. ya never nkow anymore.. cuz like.. he could be a total fruit or sumthin.. or really cocky.. his handstyles are great but his peices arent at all new.. those styles that he bites off of have been bitten off of other guys that dont even know who theyr copying.. cern good i guess but id like to meet him so i could maybe respect him on a more human level (or maybe hate him cuz he could be a bitch).. id just like to see more ppl goin all out like him so that the bar could be raised.. id be bombin my streets everynight if ther was som1 to compete with or atleast som1 else.. everyone up right now is pretty much garbage except a handfull of writers.. but most of them are gona leave soon or have already left cuz cincinnati isnt the best place for graff.. ya know wut im sayin?

I guess I don't see what you're saying...If you look at a Cern piece from 3-4 years ago and compare it to now, you can see how his letters have evolved...He's not a biter, but I do agree with Mr. Street Jawns that everything has been done to a certain extent, so its whatever. Graffiti is not necessarily about competing on an individual level, but maybe thats your only motivation. Whether you bomb or piece, its all risky, and my point was that Cern does it all, and you can't deny that...

say werd, yep^^^^^^^

2nd the leaving gems in obscure places, you been hunting and finding good shit homes, people sleep on that shit, gotta be militant and smart ;)

so like we're saying....

cern is good, don't sleep been in it longer than most show respect