-OHIO-

HIGHTOP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

:king: bump for them ohio cats shit looks like the mid 80's out thur, crackalackin...........slam dunk the funk, sticken bodies in the trunk,, Brasko nigguh, what...fat caps the size of basketballs, nuts made of steel coming to a town near you..the streets aint safe no more....taken fools chedder

Originally posted by wesley1@May 15 2005, 05:25 AM

the only time i think about romance is when i think about how i don't think about it.

DIE BSA

word, yeah peace to the homey DIE/EMOTE/HOT, that HOT piece at that spot me and gerl have now was dicked...its unfortunate that pretty much everything at that spot now gets toyed one way or another...that HOT piece was classic...

Yo I found this incredably hillarius shit about buddy lembeck and darius jones from da nati... and yes even though I was just a wee lil lad living here in cbus I remember those highway overpass mesages. There is even a link to an interview , you have to watch the video,

homeboy's wearing a bag on his head and he responds to a question about his roller which read "Rob Dibble buss me upside the head" and he's like "rob dibble was known for having a bad temper. "

Linda Holtertop the leader of anti graffiti "keep cinncinati beatiful says some shit like graffiti equals gangs... and then talks about how she's thinking about shades of the klu klux klan

serious ohio history here...

so the internet is at least good for sumthin..

Posted From Buddy Lembeck on Wooster Collective:

"From November 2000- January 2001, myself and Darius Jones along with a little help from Tadpole began writing messages on Train/ Highway overpasses along I-75 and I-71 in Cincinnati, OH with white bucket paint. The messages used local heroes names, Former Cincinnati Reds players, pop culture icons, and classic religious messages. While a few of the messages were pure absurdity such as "I PLAY YOGA". Others dealt more with social commentary, and funny observations. At the time it was a release for both of us to pursue such a crude raw project, it was funny, because it was about the ugliest thing we had done together, but it got the biggest reaction that we had had up until that time. Thousands of people saw them on the highways, and people seemed to think they were pretty funny, and others thought that they were offensive as usual. A local radio show began taking notice of the messages and mentioned them several times on the air; So Darius and I called the station and told them that we were the folks behind the messages. We ended up talking for an hour and half on a republican conservative talk radio show on 700 WLW about graffiti and what we were about. And the DJ actually liked the content we were using; it was so bizarre and surprising. While on the air, Darius and I were able to speak to the head of Highway maintenance, the weatherman we wrote a message about, and Linda Holtertop (the leader of the anti-graffiti "Keep Cincinnati Beautiful" task force). It was a great opportunity to talk to these people and share our views with them, but even after we made it clear that we were not in a "gang" or a threat to the public. Linda Holtertop still went on the news and tried to scare the public into believing we were a threat by giving the impression that we were in a gang, and that Darius Jones and I were in the KKK. It was ridiculous. While we were on the radio, a local FOX news channel got in touch with us and wanted to meet up for an interview, we made them meet us at a Chuck E Cheese ( a kids pizza play land chain ), but when we met up the camera man refused to shoot us with Chuck E Cheese in the background..but we tried.

Other messages written during the period.

-CHRISS SABO DIED FOR OUR SINS (former Cincinnati Reds player)

-I VANDALISM

-KELLY WILL YOU DIVORCE ME

-I MADE OUT WITH MARGE SCHOTT

-PAT BERRY SAT ON ME (local weatherman)

-COLIN POWEL = VANILLA ICE

-LETS BE FRIENDS

-TONY DANZA IS MY DAD

-ROB DIBBLE BUSS ME UPSIDE THE HEAD (former Cincinnati Reds player with a bad temper)

-GIRLS FRT, REALLY

-HOME DEPOT GOT PAINT

ETC..

Another overpass message that appears in the news clip we can't take credit for ("Bush = Quayle") we did not create (we don't know who did), but we thought it was funny.

The project lasted only a few months before things got out of hand a legal action followed which I will not delve into, but we made it out okay in the end.

you can see the video of the interview that was supposed to happen at Chucky Cheese here \/ http://www.blondchili.com/movies/overpas.html

budar1.jpg.24c49128daa341281855db5768ddb6a3.jpg

budar2.jpg.9b1ed3061e921c92290b731513cd1ad8.jpg

budar3.jpg.6ec55df5509e628456ae33eb1e54504d.jpg

budar3.jpg.5fa4b1d8cd0765ff61eda07021350d0d.jpg