US Propaganda at its finest

Poop Man Bob

As the Taliban's taped messages are being played on US television and radio stations, it seems as though the US is doing the same over there.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/17/ret.us.pr...anda/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Pentagon is sending radio broadcasts into Afghanistan telling the Taliban they are "condemned," and the messages seem to suggest that U.S. troops will eventually be on the ground in that country.

According to an English language translation posted on the Pentagon's Web site, one message gives the Taliban forces instructions how to surrender to U.S. troops.

"When you decide to surrender, approach United States forces with your hands in the air. Sling your weapon across your back muzzle towards the ground. Remove your magazine and expel any rounds. Doing this is your only chance of survival."

The Pentagon said the propaganda broadcasts began last weekend and originate from a flying radio station, a specially outfitted EC-130, known as "Commando Solo."

The broadcasts tout the deadly firepower of the U.S. military and tell the Taliban, "You have only one choice ... Surrender now."

"Our forces are armed with state of the art military equipment. What are you using, obsolete and ineffective weaponry? Our helicopters will rain fire down upon your camps before you detect them on your radar. Our bombs are so accurate we can drop them right through your windows. Our infantry is trained for any climate and terrain on earth. United States soldiers fire with superior marksmanship and are armed with superior weapons," one radio script reads.

Here's a complete text of one broadcast: "Attention Taliban! You are condemned. Did you know that? The instant the terrorists you support took over our planes, you sentenced yourselves to death. The Armed Forces of the United States are here to seek justice for our dead. Highly trained soldiers are coming to shut down once and for all Osama bin Laden's ring of terrorism, and the Taliban that supports them and their actions.

"Our forces are armed with state of the art military equipment. What are you using, obsolete and ineffective weaponry? Our helicopters will rain fire down upon your camps before you detect them on your radar. Our bombs are so accurate we can drop them right through your windows. Our infantry is trained for any climate and terrain on earth. United States soldiers fire with superior marksmanship and are armed with superior weapons.

"You have only one choice ... Surrender now and we will give you a second chance. We will let you live. If you surrender no harm will come to you. When you decide to surrender, approach United States forces with your hands in the air. Sling your weapon across your back muzzle towards the ground. Remove your magazine and expel any rounds. Doing this is your only chance of survival."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

dude i think i just surrendered without knowing it.. those script writers are mad good..

3 cheers for propaganda.

i love it all.

Guest HESHIANDET

its a threat and its true. i find that shit comforting. being a child of a crazy vet i know about all the weaponry and what not. the shit we're using is nooo fucking joke. homefield advantage or not, homeboys got another thing coming to them.

dude i think i just surrendered without knowing it.. those script writers are mad good.. -serk

hahahahahahahahaha!!!! holy shit maybe im tired but that killed me like US tomahawk through the window of dilapitated afghan house....

...you think the afghans got it tough, i deal with this kinda shit everyday, its called advertising and comes from the evil empire of corporate america....

proud to be a tool of propaganda, where at least i know my clothing label

-pan

Archived