Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

as you write and progress you'll get a feel for certain letters and there will also be letters you hate. your name doesnt have to necessarily mean anything more so it what letters you like and can make flow. it could be opinvt or lskfhd.. whatever your good at.

Crew names vs. Writer names is a different thing in my opinion.

Like, I am a part of SEVS crew and there's a writer named SEVS.

I did my homework and he showed up about the same time the crew was put together. In fact maybe a little after.

If he was hitting streets and getting up longer than that, he didn't have an internet presence.

Still, it has bugged me enough to consider changing the name.

However, NAMES DON'T HAVE TO MEAN ANYTHING.

Seriously... if I had my way, those words would appear every time someone in the toy section even MENTIONED names.

Your letters matter. Your letters will ultimately determine your style.

A name like KIVA will probably produce a style that is very sharp and jaggy.

Do a search for ONOROC. All of his pieces are round and curvy, because he picked letters that were round and curvy.

God... how many times does this have to be said?

Get past trying to rep some concept. That time was played out in '92.

If you can find a name that looks good, has good letters AND means something, great. It took me three years. In the mean time, find letters that are good and work for you.

Damn... I wish this was on the top of every page in the toy section.

And again... again again AGAIN...

If you want names that are not used but have meaning, use the following:

DUBYA

CHENEY

WAL MART

SEARS

etc.

Good letters and plenty of opportunity for characters, productions, etc.

Hell, I may start using DUBYA for kicks myself.

Next time this comes up, I'm gonna start a damn thread about it and just start linking to it. I'm getting tired of this shit.

Peace.

enig, i saw ur piece at bev.. if i were u i'd try to do a lot less color design so u can still recognize your letters

u had really clean lines though, ur can control was on lock, were u using mtn? u had some nice thin lines

let me know when u go paint at bev again and we'll drop pieces

Crew names vs. Writer names is a different thing in my opinion.

Like, I am a part of SEVS crew and there's a writer named SEVS....................................

Peace.

Agreed. "SEARS" never thought of that lol, doesnt sound half bad.

@amkah & enigmatic looking good

whatever, its done already, let me know if u want me to post it

you got some dope letters, but man, i an see why u always say you have trouble with your hands, its very hard to get something nice w/ this , i cant get anything that flows, ill post this up tomorrow i dont have a camera right now

whatever, its done already, let me know if u want me to post it

you got some dope letters, but man, i an see why u always say you have trouble with your hands, its very hard to get something nice w/ this , i cant get anything that flows, ill post this up tomorrow i dont have a camera right now

i know it man, that t fucks everything up. i usually just freestyle shit when im out. ill draw something up for you in school, and ill probobly post it up some time tonight if i can find time to.