Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by runci@Dec 20 2004, 08:29 AM

here are sum new styles... dont write either of them...

never2jo.jpg

never

the pics r blurry but am waitin to get ma scanner fixed..

runci...

I'm not one to quote images, because it's retarded but in this case we're on a new page and I need the image to make my point.

I think if you tighten up your letters and really play one off the other... you'll have something. I also think you're doing yourself some harm by making your lines all jagged and broke like that. Smoother lines add flow, especially with this kind of style.

The arrows... the normal purpose of arrows is to push away other writers work. You want to sepreate yourself from them so the "motion" of the arrow is pushing the next guy away. Having arrows come inward is self destructive. Seems silly, I know but think about it.

When you're trying to pull off the Rorshach (or however you spell it) mirrored image thing... take it all the way. Start with your center letter and work your way out. Whatever you do on the left side, mirror it on the right. For example, your right side E could be backwards to look like a 3. Writers will know it's not a three because of the obvious mirrored pattern you have in your piece. They'll recognize that it's a backwards E. You could also have your arrows coming off the side bars of the V. You could have two arrows coming down the bars and out to each side. I wouldn't even sweat the arrows up top. Too much and not needed. The bottom ones will hold the weight of your piece.

Just some thoughts...

im back my pc has been fuked for the last couple of months...

Joker: thanks for the advice.. the lines are jagged because when i resized the pic it got fuked.. anyway the advice was well apreciated...

InfamousOne: i dont write never...its just a word

runci

one thing - some of the things at the start arent stickers, theyre posters [ like the pirate, who is about 1.5 metres tall ] i use this heavy duty spray-mount stuff :

12oztak.JPG

which is fat cos its so pace to put up a poster with it - broad daylight suddenly becomes a viable option, useful when i live in this shitty little village and have to get bus to find spots.

i'm really appreciating all the feedback gents

Originally posted by runci@Jan 7 2005, 07:09 AM

Joker: thanks for the advice.. the lines are jagged because when i resized the pic it got fuked.. anyway the advice was well apreciated...

I didn't mean the quality of the image, I meant the quality of your line work. In that piece you've chosen to go with a jagged style outline instead of a smooth flowing outline. What I was saying is that it would come off cleaner and fresher if the lines were smooth.

In a sense, I was really talking to everyone with my post to you. I just used your outline as an example. Because it was easier to critique than many others posted up. My advice was meant to reach most of the toys in this thread. It is advice all of you cold use.

Avon... the simple style piece, the color one... really work that style till the letters feed off one another. Make them fit together like pieces of a puzzle. Perfectly.

Phameous one....umm those are lookin ok,not that bad,but one question could you paint that??..and theres really no letters in there,just interlocking lines,you know?..only a few writers out there can make that style look hott,but who knows maybe you could be one of them someday,another question do you got any flicks where they are just simple letters?..or just something to see how your structure is?