Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Toys post here...

On 5/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, +plus+ said:

Dump of the last 6 months

Yeah, not sure if you're just sharing or looking for feedback/help, but when there's that much in one post it's hard for me to give feedback. 

And yes, using a pen is a commitment. You've got to really know your strengths and weaknesses, and you've got to heave a great knowledge of letter structure and flow. I'm always in awe of folks who draw dynamic pieces, sometimes even complicated, using just pen. It's impressive. I'm personally a pencil person because often by the time I get to the last letter I think of something better for the first letter. 

• Like 1
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bode characters always add that finishing touch...

@Ray40    

Well, the tried and true method is learning straight letters really well. Based on the first few pages you posted I’d say you’re obviously putting in the effort on that end, but I would encourage you

Posted Images

The second Rope sketch is pretty nice. I like the open connections between letters but I would adjust them slightly as noted in the image below. Add some dimension to the O so the letter is a little more defined, and add a little more definition to the connection of the P and E. That connection wasn't really bad, it's just how I personally would connect them. 

As for the arrow sketches... I think your cuz needs to calm down. Damn, those are a lot of arrows, you could take all the arrows from those pieces and add them to five, maybe six more pieces. Here's my take on arrows for pieces:

I was always told that arrows on pieces were a form of battle armor, a way to protect your piece from the pieces to the left and right of you. Not sure if that is the intended purpose of arrows being used in the early 70s and 80s New York subway Graffiti, but nonetheless it's what I was given as an explanation. Typically arrows are used to show motion or direction - think wayfinding  out on the road or in a hospital, for example. 

Arrow Sketch One - Really, the only one that "feels" like it works is the one coming off the left side of the R. I get what you were going for trying to mirror it on the E, but I feel like that would have been more successful had you done it coming off the bottom bar of the E, and it was flipped vertically - so the arrow winds its way upward and to the right instead of downward and to the right. 

Arrow Sketch Two - for the most part it's not that bad, except for the arrows coming off the bottom of all letters, and the tops of the O and P. There's just a lot to take in. It looks like you drew your piece and someone egged you on to keep adding arrows 😉

Arrow Sketch Three - The flow of the arrows isn't all that bad, and again... kinda like the R, but there's just way too many. 

Instead of adding every arrow you own into each letter, focus on just the R and E. Keep it simple for the time being by using only one or two arrows. 

Just sharing and looking for general critiques, i should probably post a few at a time not an archive. My bad! 

ive been stuck in a rut and trying to break out 

also on the topic of pens...the dudes who do those bic pen drawings w crazy layers are insane

• Like 1