Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Toys post here...

swif1

14 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

I come for the toys but I stay for the @Joker

so fucking clean, makes me wonder WTF I'm doing even picking up a pen......

LOL! Thanks, man. They're quick sketches but I'm having fun with it. I spend wayyyyyy too much time trying to abstract letters into their simplest forms for my own Graffiti, so these simple-style exercises have been great for keeping my personal letter structure from getting too off the mark. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Limeliciouz said:

Done a few but starting to look repetitive 

help me out with this wackass wildstyle antistyle whateva u want

CD783A5D-7646-4EC3-AF32-0FA1EE57DF47.jpeg

I like this but just from a quick view of it I think the M and the E need some work. A bit like this quick touch up I’ve done - 

3734C9FA-A7F4-49EF-B67D-C186FE52A061.jpeg.f2eaaf75da489db5494f1c651e3be3d7.jpeg

im sure @Jokercan provide a better revision of it tho 

CA4ACA46-EF70-43DA-815E-DEB2DDA24287.jpeg

Edited by GONE.FTS

11 hours ago, Limeliciouz said:

Done a few but starting to look repetitive 

help me out with this wackass wildstyle antistyle whateva u want

CD783A5D-7646-4EC3-AF32-0FA1EE57DF47.jpeg

I see what you're going for, but I think even with this concept you're still smushing your letters too close. Again, give 'em just a little breathing room. Also, If you eliminate some of the lines so the letters look like they're wrapping around each other it might work out. See the example below...

LIME_Edit.jpg

• Like 1

@Ray40- For the most part, your simple-style RAY is looking good. Just a few thoughts for you to try:

Your Y is still a wee-bit wonky compared to the R and A. Try not curling up your descender at the bottom but making it shoot toward the A, instead back up into itself. Does that make sense?

Also, if you look at the green line you'll notice that the Y is made up of two bars - on the left is one vertical bar that descends and kicks to the right - on the right is one vertical bar that descends and kicks to the left. Basically the same bar, just one is longer and kicks the opposite direction. Try to keep you line weights the same on each bar, and keep them in line. It looks like you have a tendency to draw the Y in three bars which makes it a bit inconsistent. 

Give that horizontal bar in the A a bit more weight as edited below. It'll feel more in line with the other letters. 

RAY_Edit.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Limeliciouz said:

@Jokerperfect. Save the day again lol. Was mostly wondering if it’s total crap or got some potential.... i think I might make it thicker or something. I dunno I feel like if I wud see someone else do it I wud flip past them and laugh toyyy so hard. I dunno. I’ll work it out. 

It's got some potential, for sure. If you like it - spend some time to work it out. Again, maybe just work on the L and I, first. Draw them intersecting different ways a couple of times. Find the best option. Then do the same with the M and E. Then bring them together. 

• Like 1

the Graff scene in my town is really small, I am not even sure there are any other writers besides myself. They best spot has been totally buffed and I want to do something to boost my graff scene. If this is possible please give me as much advice as possible 

• Like 1

@Ray40- No matter how chill you think the spot is, be careful. If you don't have a friend that can go with you to keep a look out while you paint then be sure to keep one eye behind you. Goes without saying, but if the spot isn't super-chill then you're painting at night which brings it's own set of issues that will test your instincts. 

Use disposable rubber gloves, shake your cans before you get to the wall so you don't need to make noise at the wall, and work quickly but also be patient (I know... confusing, but think about it).

Get in, get up, get out. 

If I were you I would keep your piece fairly small, no taller than 4'. Don't over-extend yourself and get into a situation where you can't finish the piece - or didn't bring enough paint to fill it in by going bigger than you should have. 

Dispose of the gloves and empty spray cans in a trash bin as soon as possible on your way home. Don't leave that shit at the wall or near the wall. 

You're 13 so get your ass home knowing you got up, and over.

• Props 4

Honestly, I wouldn’t do it unless you have a friend. I know back in our days we did it and plenty of other dumb shit and maybe I’m just old, but way too much can go wrong. I’d have at least one friend and really make sure they can watch your back. 

Also, dress in layers with the outside layer being muted and dark. Layer under it should be the opposite of that, light and bright. If you get chased, shed a layer when you get to a safe spot. Always have your rally points figured out if it’s not just you by yourself. No matter what, never ever admit to any wrong doing, even if they saw you doing it. Just stick to your story, no matter what. A good one is you were talking to a girl you just met and she dissed you so you’re making your way home and got turned around. 

• Like 4