Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swif1

Toys post here...

How's this . I tryd to keep the letters uniform  and have flow  but not be to identical , minimum extensions just the semi mirrored two but there not sapose  to be symmetrical  . More like semi or a symmetrical where it's the same but different if that makes scence lol  . Then there's a lil symmetrical attempt but it gets clustered fast and there's no o lol .

a lilquick exchange for grim the YouTuber.

And a shity Taft battle peace 

20190908_123534.jpg

20190906_181047.jpg

20190908_112902.jpg

20190907_104036.jpg

Edited by ElbowMack187
  • Like 2

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@ElbowMack187- Yep, these are feeling much better.  

Sketch One - That feeder bar coming off the B and attaching to the bottom of the L... very nice. I think overall you're heading in the right direction so I won't dig too deep into this one. The B feels a little more like a B and not an R, which is good. The O doesn't quite feel like an O but I get it. The E is good, and I like what you did mirroring the feeder bar from the B/L. The rivets feel a little heavy, like there's too many lines & rivets, but I understand what you're doing. My personal opinion on them is when there's too many lines & rivets it starts to feel Frankenstein-like, stitches and such,  and less like you 'built' this piece from sheets of steel. 

Sketch Two - Don't worry about it not having an O. What you're doing is getting the feel for how these letters can work together so this is perfect. Personally I enjoy these little sketches and do them all the time. Like, ALL the time. It's a great way to "sharpen knives" as some would say. Keep exploring. 

Sketch Three - Simple, clean, feels good to me. 

Sketch Four - I like what you did, here. The upside down A is a winner in my book. Mirrored Ts, the heart on the F... all good stuff. 

• Like 1

I feel that same way on the first o lol I had it closed but didn't look right ethire maybe if they were over laps the other way so it would look more like the motion it would be written in a handstyle . Or maybe if i spun it around completly with the bend on the right side then i would have a reason for that second extention.  Ima try it out . I'll post it up . 

I need a tablet  make that flip easy as fuck lol 

@ElbowMack187- Honestly, I liked the original better than your recent edits. In your original, the feeder bar going from the O to the E felt more purposeful, and flowed nicely. I also liked how you were repeating the downward angle of your all your letters (except the B - maybe add that flat-bottom angle to the B?) as it was a nice flow - see my crappy Photoshop paint marks on your sketch below that illustrate this (sorry, at work with no tablet to do this nicer). I also think there's a way to bring that same language you have going on at the top of the L and B into your O and E - again, see crappy image below for a thought on how to achieve that.

LBOE_Annotations.jpg

• Like 1

Been frustrated drawing recently, this is my best one of them I like the ND and I like the O just need to move it in a bit (again) still don’t feel the P should of looked like the d with the swoop. 

So did another still needs adjustments.

image.jpg

• Like 2

@Giant- yeah, I totally understand, it can be really frustrating at times. Even those of us who have been doing this for 30+ years go through frustrating processes.And it's a process, it takes patience, but you're getting there so at least know that. 

Bottom Sketch: Look closely - your PN feels like a different style from your DO. I honestly like the feel of the DO, and dig the bar at the bottom of the O. I think if you made the bottom of the D, that bar that extends downward, if you made that a little thicker so it feels more in line with the weight of the bar at the bottom of the O, those letters are would be done. Personally I wouldn't even extend the vertical bar past the top of the D but that's me, I'm kinda weird that way. I don't mind that the P has the same feel as the . To be honest... you could put a bar at the bottom of it like you did the O and round the hard edges and it could be good to go. It might also be a nice way to connect the first vertical bar of the N to the P. As for the N, looks good to me, maybe just round the edges like you did with the D and O and it will be fine. 

Does that help?

• Like 1

Yes that’s great thank you 🙏  

yer my N more often than not comes out square edged think it’s habbit. 

I will have a play around and get back at ya. Here’s what’s iv been doing while waiting for my dinner lol

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, those are great exercises to play around with. Keep at it!

For me, the discussion about knowing your history has missed an important point. Yes, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat the failures of the past and we should respect the pioneers. 

But I think the key to starting out is understanding the history of the letter. Graffiti is all about tweaking to make a fresh idea that accentuates and recreates. But if you don’t start with a foundation then you have nothing to tweak. If you start with graffiti that’s come before you, you’re biting. 

Understand the fundamental structure of the letter, practice it and appreciate the beauty it already is. If you don’t start here you’ll never go anywhere. 5DA6712A-A3D7-4023-ADEB-3C41B5158BA4.thumb.jpeg.d646cb08f1d026ec27d584ef1cbdb422.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

So here’s my adjustments made the P and N connect with the bar on the bottom. Curved the N off a little fattened up the bottom sweeper bar on the D.

image.jpg

• Like 3

I don't think you need to mess around with it at all. If anything, build off of it. The style is good, letters legible and flow pretty well. 

I went to paint it today but didn't we the homie was as close so I had to drop the w . And I tryd to flow with the other side . Get better pics in the morning 

20190915_184716.jpg

• Like 1

i dunno if anyone remembers me i dont have much to put up done more outlines for throwies more then anything else so nothing too exiting but i got arrested can someone make me feel better about that pls 🙈🙈

Edited by Limeliciouz