Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Toys post here...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 51.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bode characters always add that finishing touch...

Well, the tried and true method is learning straight letters really well. Based on the first few pages you posted I’d say you’re obviously putting in the effort on that end, but I would encourage you

@Ray40    

Posted Images

So what's up everyone, I made an account and wanted to start posting on here to get some tips, and from what I've been reading so far, I already have a couple ideas of where to start and what I need to go back and work on. I'm not going to act like I'm the least bit good, because I'm toy enough to know that I'm not shit, and for that, I need my shit to be torn apart a good couple times

[ATTACH=full]242062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]242063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]242065[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]242066[/ATTACH]

What markers do you use for pieces like these? I like the colors, man.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sup yall. Used to lurk hard on 12oz yeeears ago under the forum name miskone or miskoner (dont remember the username or password). Either way, I used to write MISK for a very short time and then COMO when I found out it was taken. Wrote a lot in blackbooks during high school and just here and there after graduating. Recently I connected with a writer at work and we both agreed I needed a new name. He had some spare names in his mind he really liked but EQIP fit me best since Im always equiped with a big ass messenger bag. He let me have the name after developing a style for it and I hope to develop it further, so here I am. Prob not the place for introductions but it is what it is. 

IMG_20180701_084418.jpg

40 minutes ago, EQIP said:

Sup yall. Used to lurk hard on 12oz yeeears ago under the forum name miskone or miskoner (dont remember the username or password). Either way, I used to write MISK for a very short time and then COMO when I found out it was taken. Wrote a lot in blackbooks during high school and just here and there after graduating. Recently I connected with a writer at work and we both agreed I needed a new name. He had some spare names in his mind he really liked but EQIP fit me best since Im always equiped with a big ass messenger bag. He let me have the name after developing a style for it and I hope to develop it further, so here I am. Prob not the place for introductions but it is what it is. 

IMG_20180701_084418.jpg

If you want us to search out your old 12oz account, just hit the support link and let us know. Regardless, welcome back!

30 minutes ago, misteraven said:

If you want us to search out your old 12oz account, just hit the support link and let us know. Regardless, welcome back!

Would be sick to take control of it again, thanks! Will hit up support soon.

Edited by EQIP

equip maybe focus on making the letters all have the same heights and spaced appropriately away from each otehr.  having said that the one in the bottom right is the best of the batch for me.   has a nice downward sland and spacng and letters thicknessare coo.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:24 PM, freakeenyc said:

equip maybe focus on making the letters all have the same heights and spaced appropriately away from each otehr.  having said that the one in the bottom right is the best of the batch for me.   has a nice downward sland and spacng and letters thicknessare coo.

Thank you for the feedback. Got too excited to try and flow with some of the first ones but they ended up all stiff and disproportionate. But yeah, I like the slant thing going too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I love straight letters, so this is cool. Think you just need practice so you’re doing your letters from muscle memory and super clean. 3D’s going up feels non standard and kinda like that. Assume they normally always go down to give the illusion you’re looking up at a piece instead of down on it. 

Just keep at it man. You’ll dial it in. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, misteraven said:

3D’s going up feels non standard and kinda like that. Assume they normally always go down to give the illusion you’re looking up at a piece instead of down on it. 

Just keep at it man. You’ll dial it in. 

thank youuuuuuuuuu, 3d is rusty! 
Heres another in color for shits and giggles

37047462_10216098075745925_7807809034374873088_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spacing of the letters is key too. They seem smushed. And like even consistency of the bars. Like the left bar of the a is thicker than the right bar. And heights. The second a is shorter than the other letters. It's all about consistency and learning how to break it there after

• Like 2
On 7/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, freakeenyc said:

Spacing of the letters is key too. They seem smushed. And like even consistency of the bars. Like the left bar of the a is thicker than the right bar. And heights. The second a is shorter than the other letters. It's all about consistency and learning how to break it there after

been trying to work on heights and space. and letters still lol. 

38033467_10216257280085934_484045734836961280_n.jpg

38257389_10216257286606097_6741401386723835904_n.jpg

i feel like the AW touching is weird, but idk how to create that space, then the K and E are far

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

Best yet. Good spacing, getting some balance and flow to it. Keep doing this over and over until its as sharp as a razor, dont try to progress until you have this one in the bag.

thank you very much! i actually sat down and tried to bust something good out, i think my letters need to be fatter

10 hours ago, KansasMostHated said:

i feel like the AW touching is weird, but idk how to create that space

It is weird and great that you feel that.

You do know how to create that space bc you have already dealt with that space.

The space between the first A and the W is the same space you’re dealing with between the second A and the K.

Mirror how the first A meets the top of the W to where the W meets the top of second A. Try it like that and try it with your original W.

The way the base of the K meets the E shares the weirdness and takes away from the letter form. Why not have it meet the same way the base of the first A meets the base of the W?

Keep trying everything and see what visually feels right.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2018 at 8:56 PM, LUGR said:

Mirror how the first A meets the top of the W to where the W meets the top of second A. Try it like that and try it with your original W.

The way the base of the K meets the E shares the weirdness and takes away from the letter form. Why not have it meet the same way the base of the first A meets the base of the W?

not sure what you mean by all of this? confused.