Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Toys post here...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 51.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bode characters always add that finishing touch...

@Ray40    

Well, the tried and true method is learning straight letters really well. Based on the first few pages you posted I’d say you’re obviously putting in the effort on that end, but I would encourage you

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
been lurking on here awhile and figured I'd finally sign up and post. looking for some advice!

[ATTACH=full]190131[/ATTACH]

hmmm i almost lik this. your gttign th bars down. just n33d to mak3 it mor consistant. I dont prsonally lik your "S" but it kind of works with th othr l3tt3rs. so i rally think that squar3 "O" might b3 th3 odd on3 out. I think its too straight in comparison to th othr l3tt3rs/ but othr wis3 your3 on th right track i rckon. k33p drawing man.

Crits maybe?

[ATTACH=full]194805[/ATTACH]

Well firstly. i lik the style but its almost illegible. I can see it says acena. But it basically just looks lik ooooo to me. Also, your quotation mark doo dads arent th best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
New here. Would appreciate some crits

[ATTACH=full]200382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]200383[/ATTACH]

you need to start simpler , get that basic bull down(plain jane handys and nice proportioned bubble leds) then start mixing up your own formula

Still need to go simpler man, bar width and balance is all out of whack here. Looks like you've got potential but you neeeeed to do the keyboard letters as many times as you can before anything. Whip out about 5-10 (if you're impatient, if you really want to fix this stuff try like 20-25) just keyboard letters before you try anything like these again (and keep doing more after). It'll give you a better feel on how to keep your bars from getting wonky where there are curves and multiple bars come together when you come back to these.

And read the entirety of this thread... you aren't special. you are doing what everyone else who has been through this thread has done. advice for them is advice for you. start at page 1, and don't post again until you've heeded the wisdom of this thread.

Also, you need a new name.

• 4 weeks later...

I swear I could give you a hug man. You are actually starting simple. Only thing I would say is go a bit simpler (the B and the E in particular). Also, if you run through an alphabet, try to stick with all caps or all lowercase for now. Only other thing is do it 361546874354684 times, you are ahead of the game running through full alphabets instead of a name right now (at least from what you posted, I don't know what you do with your free time), that's how people who stick with it wind up with top notch hands.

• Like 2

Well, you need to. That thing is hideous. And don't ever draw a crowns, even if you put in years of work and reach king status...

Read this thread, start to finish. All of it applies to you.

Also, you don't have to use a marker all the time, use a pencil or pen. If something looks decent with a lighter line weight, it will probably (no guarantees) look decent or maybe better with a heavy lineweight.

It's what's implied in non-gang graffiti, and the only thing it does is guarantee is that people will instantaneously identify your toyery. But that's the least of the worries here. Ditch trying that tag for a while, keep working with the simples, that's how you're going to get it down. If you fucking insist on working with the name (I know how it is, I was there too, I didn't listen, and it took me twice as long as it should have to get gooder), stick with all the letters being a uniform height and remaining in the initial simple style you posted. Literally do that hundreds of times before you start trying to stylize shit.

It's what's implied in non-gang graffiti, and the only thing it does is guarantee is that people will instantaneously identify your toyery. But that's the least of the worries here. Ditch trying that tag for a while, keep working with the simples, that's how you're going to get it down. If you fucking insist on working with the name (I know how it is, I was there too, I didn't listen, and it took me twice as long as it should have to get gooder), stick with all the letters being a uniform height and remaining in the initial simple style you posted. Literally do that hundreds of times before you start trying to stylize shit.

I've filled a five subject notebook with simples, so I'm ready for something new. I get that it takes a long time, and I'm on board with that. But I wanna learn to stylize too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...