Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swif1

Toys post here...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

how can you hate making simple letters? some the best graffiti is straight letter work. and ALL of the good graffiti started with an understanding of letter structure.

thats a shit attitude that won't get you anywhere.

kirg: don't draw another arrow for atleast 12 months. throwing extra shit in doesn't distract from bad letters.

how can you hate making simple letters? some the best graffiti is straight letter work. and ALL of the good graffiti started with an understanding of letter structure.

thats a shit attitude that won't get you anywhere.

kirg: don't draw another arrow for atleast 12 months. throwing extra shit in doesn't distract from bad letters.

How should I fix up my letters? What's wrong with them?

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of expression? And I don't really understand how that would help me.

If you don't understand how that would help you then you need to read the rest of this page and the page before. If you keep going the direction you're going, you're gonna be making garbage looking "Wildstyles" forever that have no flow, structure, balance, etc etc etc. Start simple, work your way into it.

Okay I'll take your advice, but is there any more specific advice you can give me? Like what exactly is wrong with the letters?

Your letters don't have flow, a good structure, and you don't understand when to and when not to use extensions. Everyone does it in the beginning, everything thinks simple straights sound gay. But after a while you'll learn to appreciate them and how to make them look good.

Okay thanks a ton, these 3 are experimental, I'm trying to get more elaborate, but yah I see where you're coming from. Thanks.

yes.

i've always lurked most of the actual graffiti parts of 12. but now that there are only a couple threads popping off in ch0 i've lost my way.

Okay I'll take your advice, but is there any more specific advice you can give me? Like what exactly is wrong with the letters?

everything is wrong with your letters.

i'm not just being mean, i'm just bored and close to drunk so i'm participating in this thread.

the reason everyone says 'learn how to do straight letters' is because you can't deconstruct something until you understand how its supposed to be put together in the first place.

without a solid understanding of an engine I couldn't take it apart and put it back together in a working order--let alone make it more powerful or efficient or whatever? the same thought goes for letters. if you don't understand the significance of weight, balance, form, etc on every single letter you won't be able to make anything interesting.

you might learn to paint really well and have some really neat colors and effects, but your letters will still be shit.

make every letter you do 'sans serif', no extra shit ever. don't even worry about using more than 3 or 4 colors per page. once you understand a letter, which is something that is learned through practice and cannot be taught, you can move on to adding stupid fucking arrows all over the place.

@kyudo & other toys, master the letters on your keyboard. If you do that then you automatically become legend status. More legend then Cope2

here are some real quick simples, knock them out in a minute or 2, practise that

also the A is done by my son, he is 8 he has a better grasp of letter structure than what you posted KiRG

8406445116_b0d9e00696_z.jpg

8406446244_f0ac32bb91_c.jpg

8406447128_f6db3e75df_z.jpg

8406448248_be9589ff72_z.jpg

everyone should practise shit like this, and you bet that writers at the top of their game when doodling will knock out 100s of simples

LOL alts just destroying kid's confidence on here. Your son has potential haha

anyways here's a throwy

25960_10151365336068966_956053401_n.jpg

haha wasn't tryin to destroy his confidence, just pointing out that simples are cool to do and if you do them and learn that structure you will progress and can then put your flair into them.

If he doesn't believe me he can see back in 08 when I joined and in this thread I was doing simples n shit then