Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I haven't sketched in a long time, and I'm playing around with ideas for a new name, so this is rather terrible, but I thought I'd upload it anyways. I played around with bars and tried to add some flair to the simple by making the "V" formation with the letters. Crits are more than welcome. :)

IMAG0218.png

excellent start

Thanks! I was playing around with letters that work best for me, as I'm not very good with circles, curves, etc. and therefore try to stay away from letters that have a lot of those characteristics, and came up with ATENT. I think it could work for me.

I thought I'd ask here; is the name ANTE taken by anyone big? I did a brief search on Google and couldn't find anything legitimate, so if it's not taken by anyone big, I might consider that instead of ATENT; it's shorter, but still uses the letters I can work with relatively easily.

virtue, i usually do a flickr search. type in the name and graffiti. looks like someone pretty toy writes it. but also some bay area dude writes antes, and he is pretty big. but it's a letter off, so i say go for it if you don't live in california.

I live in New York, so I don't think it would be a problem. I don't want to step on any toes by writing it when someone writes ANTES, but then again, it's so hard to be original now-a-days; everything is taken already, lol. I'll play around with some ANTE and ATENT sketches over the next few days to see which one I like better.

Thanks for the help, man. :)

So, I was fiddling around with an ANTE sketch based on my ATENT sketch from the other night, and this is what I came up with. I didn't use bars this time, so my spacing and what not is a little shaky, but it's all part of the process, right? Crits would be wonderful! :)

I was too lazy to fill in the 3D, lol.

IMAG0222.png

obviously cause hes my buddy. yeah he needs practice. so does everyone. least hes out there puttin in work. and not talkin a lick of shit. hes always in a good mood, always movin and lookin forward. and dick heads pop off "unlucky bitch" well lets see your best work ass hole. so yeah, eat a dck. to shut that ignorant ass mouth up. i hate the toy thread. some of yall are some ass backwards bastards. and who cant stand me? the couple people that have been pissin me off that ive rarely ever seen in here? how you gonna speak for the whole group bro. never once has anyone on here told me they cant stand me. not on blast, or in pm. so im done here. no more talk. fuck it frill. not worth a lick of my time. anonymous fuck.

bump that humor. thats it. the rest. crapped on.

I CANT STAND YOU :lol: DIRT LIFE ONER

^^^^ i think it looks clean other than the 3d spacing and i would lose the exclamation.....

Yeah, the 3D didn't come out quite as good as I had hoped it would, but then again, it was late and I was just doing a quick sketch. It didn't help either that I didn't use bars, and haven't sketched anything in a long time. Lol, the exclamation point I threw in last minute just for fun. :P Thanks for the crits though, man! :D

go simpler

I couldn't agree more. Try to work on your letter widths too; some of the letters are noticeably disproportionate.