Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Alright Phony, I like your one simple, so here is my advice on how to evolve it.

First P I broke down your letter structure, it is what you currently have.

Understanding how the blocks make your P is very important, I suggest doing all of your sketches like this, than erase the inside lines after. Second P shows how just extending some of the blocks a little bit adds some style. Third P adds a bend to one of the bricks. Fourth P shows changing the width of 2 of the bricks at a gradual pace.

I would recommend doing a evolution of each letter of your name separately, showing the building blocks. Then once your are comfortable with each letter, mold them together with some sort of flow, such as having a symmetric bend in the letters or whatever you can create.

Hope that helps

IMG_20100831_122634.jpg

So Aspek, I gave your style a try and it was pretty hard for me too add extensions, seemed like the easiest way to go about it was loosening up on the letters, and exaggerating a lot more on them. My Sketch was kind of a fail but I think it almost gets some points across. One of the easiest ways to make extensions look like they should be there and are in the proper place is symmetry throughout the whole piece.

Yea that style is just so opposite for me, I might give it another try.

IMG_20100831_144817.jpg

this was for a battle

4893643095_111a1eefb3_z.jpg

crits crits

Sech, your my dude, I don't mean to offend you. Your letters need a better flow, it looks like you use the same exact letter over and over. Graffiti is style, style is flow, flow in not lil wayne. Ok the the Lil wayne part was a corny joke, but if you feel you need help message me and ill try and lend a hand brotha!

@res4, don't listen to sevage. don't push extensions. your style is your own and the shit will come with experimentation and natural progression.

and @ sevage when you say "this style is actually pretty fun to learn"... What the hell? you don't just jack peoples styles and learn them. That's called biting.

@reson oner... super wack. looks like you were trying to imitate some ones wild style yet you don't get the concept of basic letter structure.

@res4, don't listen to sevage. don't push extensions. your style is your own and the shit will come with experimentation and natural progression.

and @ sevage when you say "this style is actually pretty fun to learn"... What the hell? you don't just jack peoples styles and learn them. That's called biting.

@reson oner... super wack. looks like you were trying to imitate some ones wild style yet you don't get the concept of basic letter structure.

aight i appreciate the advice. but i was kinda rolled up while doing this one thats why i went a-wall with extensions lol and any advice on how i incorporated the characters with the bombing?