Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
RANT: you gotta go simpler, especially on that O, or A i really can't read it.

don't try to change width in your letters yet, stay with simples or block letters for now.

aright yeah, i tried using that pencil trick where you tape two pencils together and do a handy but it didn't work out the way i hoped lol

back to the drawing board..

dont do that, it doesnt work. The only way you're going to get better is through simples. Not suggestion, fact. I've said it before, it is the only way you can get to know your letters how they should be known.

true

it just feels like simples will get me nowhere, because if i keep doing simple letters i will get used to doing just simples, and never progress... :o but i guess it'll work eventually

^Doing simples gives you an idea of letter structure burned in your dome nigga, you dont know bout letter structure yet thats why your shit comes out lobsided like playdo and shit

Using bars/simples will help you out, wont make you a legend, but it'll help you not be so damn toy.

true

it just feels like simples will get me nowhere, because if i keep doing simple letters i will get used to doing just simples, and never progress... :o but i guess it'll work eventually

that's where you're entirely wrong.

you can't run before you learn how to walk. simples are the basics of graffiti, or anything else really.

you can actually tell, when looking at pieces or wildstyles, that the person who did that understands letter structure, cause what gives that shape of the style are usually extensions of the letter, but you learn later in time.

BATES is probably one of the best examples:

SIMPLE:

bates.jpg

bates.jpg

PIECE:

3727504106_a355de19b1_b.jpg

you can see he still keeps his letter structure, even in the piece.

all the extensions and the tilt of the letters are what gives it its shape.

hope it helped, and if anyone can back me up... please do.

mygraff003.jpg

fuck the yellow...i actually covered it with red and made it more even but im to lazy to flick it

O_O

edit: wow, now that i post it, i didnt realize how fucked that T is...:head down:

your letter structure is almost there but i cant say i like it, ive had the same trouble with Ts trying to get the main bar level with your cross bar can be tricky but keep trying practice practice practice.

also your letter proportion is all over the place try keeping the bars the same sorta size and height makes the flow better and look cleaner