Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

cruel.. saber and revoks shyt looks alike somtimes,, dont mean its bit,, i was jus sayin wat i saw when i looked at that, but u must be guilty of somtin... its like sayin.. ""man i lost 50 bucks"" and somone jus out rite sayin "" i didnt take it!" obviously they did... i never said u bit him, u practically just told me lol but its coo crewk is a good writer.. ;)

ok exsoxo starting from top to bottom

im not likein this first one im not quite sure yet y but ill get back to u on this one.....2)looks like the first one except a closer pic...3)im likein the b,a, and the body of the i the dot im not likein that much i think it needs to b bigger and the t i like the idea but u need to work on it some more...4)i like the b and the a alot!! the i is better needs some work and the t i dont like at all make it a lil more simpler...5)im lovein this alot except the t needs some work and the dot fer the i needs to b bigger...6)i dont like this at all to many bubbles goin on...7)and finaly this one is an amazing idea but everything flows except fer the t give that a lil work and ull b set.

im sry fer everyone else that has to scroll threw this

THE BEST ADVICE IS.... DO UR OWN THING.. UL GET BETTER IN TIME.. SCREW DOIN STRAIGHT LETTERS FOR 3 MONTHS SCREW THE HOLE GRAFFITI EXCERCISES SHYT.. FUCK SIMPLES,, IF U WANNA DO WILD STYLE SHYT,DO IT.. U WANNA DO SIMPLES SHYT DO IT,, JUS DO W/E MAKES U HAPPY...MAIN THING IS ONCE U FEEL UR READY TO START HITTIN WALLS.. GET UP AND PUT IN WORK, DONT COP OUT ON SHYT ,GO BIG,,, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS..

Originally posted by THE STIX@Jun 27 2005, 10:13 PM

cruel.. saber and revoks shyt looks alike somtimes,, dont mean its bit,, i was jus sayin wat i saw when i looked at that, but u must be guilty of somtin... its like sayin.. ""man i lost 50 bucks"" and somone jus out rite sayin "" i didnt take it!" obviously they did... i never said u bit him, u practically just told me lol but its coo crewk is a good writer.. ;)

aight man..i gottcha..just the way u said it..it seemed to me like u were accusing me, ya know..but its all good...just misunderstood ya...any fedback other thsn that???like on how the piece is in general???

Originally posted by Ecro@Jun 28 2005, 01:51 AM

my enrty for "fake" battle

personally, i dont like it, the marker streaks make it look cheesy, and the monster is kinda, well i cant think of a word so ill say fucked up...

the edges of the letters are WAY overshot, and i just dont like that.... just my 2 cents

cruel:

i didnt mean that your 3-d was THAT far off but im not saying its perfect. when you really look at it, its not bad, the only thing is that the lines are too thick and you cant tell where theyre going. the lines need to be in more detail. instead of doing the 3-d with a sharpie or whatever marker you used, use an "ultra-thin sharpie" or a pen works just as good.

another thing that you could start working on is flow. when you develop a good enough style, the letters start to work together and when you read the name, it seems to just flow.. its hard to explain but you'll understand what im talking about. to get your letters flowing, curve the letters a little (im not saying to put pointless curves in the letters, but enough that the peice doesnt look stiff)

your peice looks real good for a toy (no offense). you have a few useless extensions in there though, i'll point them out:

the 2 coming out of the C, the one going to the bottom left between the C and the R, that line that goes toward the right on the bottom of the R. the one on the E (to fix that one, you could make the top bar of the E real long, and that'll look a little better. i'll post an example in the image), the sidways L at the bottom of the L, and the other extension coming out of the L. (dont put the Arrows at the end, they look a little awkward) i'll post this image to help a little.

cruel.jpg

saem:

you need to just keep practicing. youre getting better. youve got a little flow in your letters, but the letter structure is kinda killing it. the S looks good, its just a little sloppy. the little thing at the top of the S needs some work, its a little too small. the A has the same little thing on top like the just like the rest of the letters. work on that little bar at the bottom of the A. the middle part of the E looks like a tumor or something (waaaaay too big) and take off that extension on the M. i'll show the suggustions on the photo.

saemhelp.jpg

you posted like 3 other pictures, but they all have the same problems. all this can be fixed by practice. look at other people's throws and copy ideas but before you do that, just practice. soon enough, you'll know what youre doing and you wont need help.

euro:

dont write aero. you have no idea how many people have that name. artcrimes alone already has 2 aeros and ive seen plenty more. try something original or something with weird letters. challeng yourself. tag names dont always have to be 4 letters and they dont even have be a word. make something original. and that AE you posted is too simple and not complete. this is graffiti, not girly bubble letters.

bears with knives:

work on letter structure. view my lessons on page 91 and try not to make your letters so stiff and slanted. start simple, dont worry about fills and outlines.

ecro:

same thing i said before. go simple and some of those are too thin. the adequit was pretty nice. the name is original too.

bizmo:

your letters are starting to even out, but theyre still too round and bubbly. use bar structures not circles. the B needs some work and so does the the Z. dont do the overlapping thing on the Z and B, it doesnt go with the style.

bait:

good shit.

scribbler:

it looks better already, dont make EVERY letter rounded. looking good though. your M's and W's need work, and the top of the R's are too pointy for the style. besides that, its looking good.

ive been giving everyone advice on their flicks and everything, but theres one thing that everyone needs to be aware of:

im sure everyone's heard this 100 times but here goes 101, PRACTICE PRACTICE PREACTICE. i dont know how much more i can stress this. im sure it gets annoying and repetative after a while, but if you wanna improve, there's nothing else i can reccomend. ive been practicing and practicing for almost 3 years now, and look where i am. ive got my own thread in paperchase, *HELP NEEDED*, when i started, i was just as bad as everyone in here (no offense). if you dont beleive me, look through my shit. theres a few pages for you to look through. you can see my improvement on every page.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/index.php...ic=52478&st=320 <theres the link

Originally posted by CRUELone+Jun 27 2005, 01:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CRUELone - Jun 27 2005, 01:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CRUELone@Jun 27 2005, 01:19 PM

someof those letters look pretty good scribbler...

heres an experimentsal piece...tryin extensions...just testin something out...quick pen sketch..got bored and colored...

feddback pleas...i'm alos aware that my 3d is a little fucked

IMG_1541.jpg

my 3d isn't way off...there are just a few lines that aren't perfect...like the extensions up top the U...

[/b]

ill agree that maybe the 3d does need a little work but i dissagree with what earo says about the extensions... keep the extensions but perhaps spend a little more time on em, there is no such thing as a useless extension in my opinion, and i stress "MY OPINION" i just suggest spending a little more time on em cause a couple arrows are a lil crooked...