Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
44 minutes ago, Joker said:

Looks good!

Thanks joker, colour schemes and colour theory not My strong point. I want to be able to do the realistic looking shading lords of tones but I'm not that great with markers, paint I have a better idea how to get shading and such

@GiantI'm really feeling that last one bro! Keep it up homie

@Ray40love that even though your parents took your supplies for sketching away, you don't let that stop you from practicing. reminds me how much I was in love with graffiti and my desire to get better at your age.

Haven't had much time lately for anything but here's a few more tags while I had a minute at work. Still working on it

20200229_223814.jpg

• Like 3

So I have been writing for a good bit now. I mostly stuck to bombing so hands and thorws. I moved to a very small town where there is nowhere to bomb and started drawing in my book a lot. After putting in work for a few hard weeks I feel as though I was able to translate my thought on to paper. What do you all think?

15830934809645364953244634836912.jpg

4 minutes ago, Giant said:

IMG_0753.JPG

I like everything but the E man. The middle part is really thin.  There is no other lines on this piece that match. The D and O are fire amigo. So for me I would make the E not cross under the P. I think it fucks with the over all shape.

12 hours ago, EkONE23 said:

This is why I dont fuck with wildstyles. I should have busted out the ruler. The shape is close to what I want but...  Fucked it up.

15831036839555730951346583261731.jpg

Again just basic but just keeping simple letters the bottom of the e sweeps up and the follows down to the K bottom leg and the backbones of the e following same lines or opposing lines the the two legs of the k

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:11 PM, whtboi202 said:

Another quick page at work

20200301_220736.jpg

I LOVE the letter S. Keep at it bro. The bottom right bubble throw has some good potential.

>> Try making that throwie fatter? or Phatter and emphasizing the bubbliness of it? That P is kinda lacking in comparison to the other letters. I'll try and whip something up like it.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, EkONE23 said:

This is why I dont fuck with wildstyles. I should have busted out the ruler. The shape is close to what I want but...  Fucked it up.

Alright... this is hard for me because in the last 25+ years I've broke a lot of "rules" and have made a name for myself in doing so, but I'm going to call this one out anyway -

No rulers. 

I get it. TRUST ME... I get it. All you have to do is look at my work and you know I get it. Clean lines mean everything to me. Straight lines, truly straight lines, are the best lines. Years ago I was painting a wall in Berkeley, CA. with Mike Giant, and this was during the short-lived electrical diagram phase I was in (whole 'nother story), so there were a lot of straight lines. I don't remember why or how but somehow Giant and I decided to have a "Who can paint the straightest line?" contest right then and there. It was hard fought, but I won. So I get it. That said -

No rulers. 

My reason for this - if straight lines mean that much to you, then you can teach yourself to do them without the ruler. As a writer the hard, fast rule has always been no rulers. I've always felt the main purpose of this was because how in the hell are you going to take that perfectly drawn sketch to a wall and get the same perfectly painted lines? Some big-ass ruler? You going to have a friend hold the end of a 8' long 2x4 and another friend hold the other end so you can run the can along the edge of it for that straight line... for every line? It's not sustainable. Teaching yourself to hit those lines in your blackbook or on the wall is a better choice. It's not easy, but it's a better. 

As for the perfect lines sketch itself, I can't tell you anything that @Gianthasn't already touched on. The letters are good, just need some finessing. Your more loose "wildstyle" sketch... honestly it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Again, could use some finessing, some tightening up, but overall it's not bad. I wouldn't call it a Wildstyle, though. More Funk, or simple version of a Semi-Wild. The bar coming off the left of the E and then back in on the bottom... I really like that. One thing you could try is doing the same sketch but without all the Funk bits and bobs, just a simple-style EK. Then go back in and add those Semi-Wild bits and see if it feels better. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, whtboi202 said:

Another quick page at work

Yeah, the throw at the bottom left is coming along pretty nice. The S and A feel pretty good, but the P could use some love. I'll put some time into this evening and post a little later and see if we can't get that nailed down. 

The super-simple tags feel like a departure from the traditional style throw-up. Are you thinking about bringing in some style to the tag at some point or do you want to keep it fairly simple? Either way is fine, I'm just curious. 

• Like 1

@JokerThank's bro I really appreciate all the criticism and help you have provided since I found this place. Your work is always so inspiring and helpful. I do eventually want to add some style to my tag for sure. I've been keeping it fairly simple just to get the flow of my letters down in general. Just my letter is 10x better than what it was a month ago imo. I also picked up a First Step Series Calligraphy book recently which I want to study and learn. I think that will help me a lot with learning how letter flow naturally. Thanks again for everything you do here man, gonna practice working on my throw for sure. Love how you combined the top of the S A together, looks so sick

• Like 1