Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Giant said:

Iv even been toying with throwing the E back in to make the N central and I need to work on that DO for sure haha

Looking at those sketches... I'd say that would make sense. The E will work really well between the P and N, for sure. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ray40 said:

Question: can you get up with stickers

You can get up any way you wish. I believe stickers/ slaps came about for people wanting to hit up high traffic areas in broad daylight so you could walk around a busy town city in peak hours with thousands of people around you and just slap a sticker on a post electric box doors windows etc etc as it is a one second slap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray40 said:

In a word - yes. Stickers are by far the easiest way to get up. You tag stickers in the comfort of your bedroom and then slap them up in less than a second on poles, doors, electrical boxes, newspaper windows, bus stations, door ways, backs of road signs (like a stop sign), etc. 

Peel the paper backing off, cup the sticker in your palm with sticky side out, and just walk. When you see a spot - nonchalantly "slap" the object leaving the sticker behind. People around you won't know if you put the sticker there or if it was already there... if they even noticed you slap the object, or even care.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray40 said:

I wasnt stwering you wrong mang . and if you really want them to run. For ever . you take the newspaper out the front of the holders on the street and slap your sticker on the part that pushed that days papper to the front . so that way there every time somebody grabs the last paper your sticker is seen. Some time you can slip them on the inside the door too that way there its in front of the news papper but might get peeld . also say your hand style isnt that good make one stencile amd spray it on 1000 stickers . also .if your in america you can walk in the post office and walk out with as many of these (picture below )as your want .

Or have somebody 18 order them online. With fakes busines name and bang 1000 at my door step 

20191021_180751.jpg

20191016_120402.jpg

Edited by ElbowMack187
Spell

6 hours ago, Giant said:

Again messy sketches but just ideas of letter formations each drawing in my mind feels better. Not saying they look any good at this point in time, but in my head I can see where I’m going. 

image.jpg

Yeah!! This is looking really good. You should paint that. 

One of my favorite writers from the 90s era of New York Graffiti was this guy DERO. He had such an iconic New York style with some great letter connections, but I thought in particular his D and O might be some good inspiration. Even the way he would fill in the dead space between his D and E was really good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joker said:

Yeah!! This is looking really good. You should paint that. 

One of my favorite writers from the 90s era of New York Graffiti was this guy DERO. He had such an iconic New York style with some great letter connections, but I thought in particular his D and O might be some good inspiration. Even the way he would fill in the dead space between his D and E was really good. 

Yer I like the way he extends the top of the curved bar on the D into the top bar of the E neutralises that dead space nicely. 

What up 12oz

one of my friends can draw really really well but hes still new to grafitti. He always sends me pictures of his shit and to me it looks dope. sadly tho i cant help him that much since im a big toy but i thought maybe if i post his work here u guys could give him a couple of tips. 

Thanks guys

JZWV6551.JPG

JXAK5133.JPG

NRXJ5506.JPG

FJTK5963.JPG

GKLH1539.JPG

MLEF4529.JPG

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:20 AM, billoboy2020 said:

What up 12oz

one of my friends can draw really really well but hes still new to grafitti. He always sends me pictures of his shit and to me it looks dope. sadly tho i cant help him that much since im a big toy but i thought maybe if i post his work here u guys could give him a couple of tips. 

Thanks guys

JZWV6551.JPG

NRXJ5506.JPG

MLEF4529.JPG

These are definitely stand-outs for me. Each one you posted is different from the other which tells me the writer is learning, still. They haven't found the one style that feels comfortable from which they can grow, which is typical. I don't mean that as a bad thing, I mean... after 34 years of writing  I keep changing my style up, though I do linger in one style for quite a while. 

Anyway, your friend's work isn't bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joker said:

These are definitely stand-outs for me. Each one you posted is different from the other which tells me the writer is learning, still. They haven't found the one style that feels comfortable from which they can grow, which is typical. I don't mean that as a bad thing, I mean... after 34 years of writing  I keep changing my style up, though I do linger in one style for quite a while. 

Anyway, your friend's work isn't bad. 

ok thanks joker im gonna tell him that.  

I drew a lil bit in the last days aswell, i tried to write Hörbi (ö is a german letter, idk how to explain how it sounds but its something like the ea of early i guess) so Hearby would probably be the closest. 

Idk if these are any good, ive tried to make them pretty simple with nothing to fancy. im just trying to sketch alot over the winter. The last one isnt finished as u can see but i liked the R and the B so far and wanted to know what u think of it

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

First, I want to cover something I see often, and that’s the middle bar of letters like B an R. There’s a tendency to make that middle bat as thick as the rest of the bars of the letter, and it makes sense to think that, but if you look at a regular typed letter R you’ll notice that the middle bar is thinner than the rest. Carry over that thinking into your Graffiti letters and your letter B or R will look better for it.

C7CBE8CC-EE41-4A31-BDDB-22C0F2F1B642.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, billoboy2020 said:

ok thanks joker im gonna tell him that.  

I drew a lil bit in the last days aswell, i tried to write Hörbi (ö is a german letter, idk how to explain how it sounds but its something like the ea of early i guess) so Hearby would probably be the closest. 

Idk if these are any good, ive tried to make them pretty simple with nothing to fancy. im just trying to sketch alot over the winter. The last one isnt finished as u can see but i liked the R and the B so far and wanted to know what u think of it

IMG_0377.JPG

Because you singled this one out I’ll give some feedback...

I think I mentioned this to Ray, but some of your bars look like you took a ball of clay and tried to form them into parts of a letter... specifically the left bar of the R. Try to think of each bar of your letter being the same weight (except the middle bar of your R and B should be thinner). You can stretch sections out, like toward the end of the bar or maybe a rounded section,  but try to keep bar weights similar. That B is pretty good but the R looks like it’s got some work to do. 

I played around with it for a second just to give you an idea of what to consider...

45EC88C1-A41F-4740-9ACC-525F67B5EECF.jpeg

• Like 1

Just dropping in here to say, the toy thread really is banging, The help being put on for people here really is something, I remember spending years, and I mean YEARS, being fucking terrible and not being sure how to fix it. To get this kind of advice is huge.

Anyway, keep on keeping on guys.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 3

@Aristo - I like the style, and its great that you’re conscious of keeping your bars the same weight. I took some liberties and made a few edits to your sketch to show how you could bring some flow into it... I mean, the flow is there but you’re stubbing the toe in a few areas, so to speak. 

The bar coming off the first letter naturally flowed right into the left bar of the R. You could also play off the middle bar of the R and give yourself the I that can nestle in neatly between the A and R. The T and O were both fine IMO so I didn’t really touch them. 

See my note at the top of this page about not double weighting the middle bar of the R.

Not sure if you were looking for help or just sharing, but I figured I’d give my feedback just in case. 

040C4892-2D90-47CE-90B5-064899476EAC.jpeg

• Like 5

@Joker I was looking for advice so I guess I should've made that clear lol. Thanks for the critique and taking time to create some examples though! My terminology knowledge is pretty bad so I'm gonna have to ask what you mean  by bar weight? Are you just referring to consistent bar width?