Toys post here...

swif1

the Graff scene in my town is really small, I am not even sure there are any other writers besides myself. They best spot has been totally buffed and I want to do something to boost my graff scene. If this is possible please give me as much advice as possible 

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Ray40- No matter how chill you think the spot is, be careful. If you don't have a friend that can go with you to keep a look out while you paint then be sure to keep one eye behind you. Goes without saying, but if the spot isn't super-chill then you're painting at night which brings it's own set of issues that will test your instincts. 

Use disposable rubber gloves, shake your cans before you get to the wall so you don't need to make noise at the wall, and work quickly but also be patient (I know... confusing, but think about it).

Get in, get up, get out. 

If I were you I would keep your piece fairly small, no taller than 4'. Don't over-extend yourself and get into a situation where you can't finish the piece - or didn't bring enough paint to fill it in by going bigger than you should have. 

Dispose of the gloves and empty spray cans in a trash bin as soon as possible on your way home. Don't leave that shit at the wall or near the wall. 

You're 13 so get your ass home knowing you got up, and over.

• Props 4

Honestly, I wouldn’t do it unless you have a friend. I know back in our days we did it and plenty of other dumb shit and maybe I’m just old, but way too much can go wrong. I’d have at least one friend and really make sure they can watch your back. 

Also, dress in layers with the outside layer being muted and dark. Layer under it should be the opposite of that, light and bright. If you get chased, shed a layer when you get to a safe spot. Always have your rally points figured out if it’s not just you by yourself. No matter what, never ever admit to any wrong doing, even if they saw you doing it. Just stick to your story, no matter what. A good one is you were talking to a girl you just met and she dissed you so you’re making your way home and got turned around. 

• Like 4

Hey guys, I am back with more questions 😉 so I talked to my mom about my graff life a few days ago.  She wasn’t angry but more nervous.  I gave her an organized presentation about why I love it so much.  She liked it but didn’t want me to get into prison so she said she only wanted me doing legal stuff.  If anyone has any advice for what to tell her or how to help my family that would be great thanks PS, I will probably show any responses to my mother if is helpful so please keep it appropriate 

• Like 2

If you really want to paint . and they want you do it legaly . you can bye Ply wood and make a wall to practice your can control on. Also canvases.  But there not the cheapest things at first espicaly when your still going to progress so much more then you are now and youll look back on all the wasted canvas money like dambbb .  I got stacks of garbage ones lol .but until you are super nice mostly likely other people aint going to let you legaly paint there wall . unless its a all the time legal wall . witch they have a bunch depending on were you live you can google leagle graff wall near me . most skate parks have legal walls . bur your stuff is not likey to run on them because there normally revolving walls so the stuf changes alot . .

And get a resporator . for real even if it looks funy and feels funny it will save your body from all the chemacils in the paint . good luck with yours moms mang . 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

So I went with 8 4x8 ply wood stood them the tall way and framed it off with 2x4 from tree to tree . you dont need to do all that . you can get two and a few 2x4. And make like a sing frame with a sheet on each side so can paint them both or put them side by side . 2 sheets give you a 8x8 foot painted square . 

1247924_4646ae904ddc7e94eaac4eae4443274c.jpg

1247923_c949d8642c09a907c6c5caf154b1ee52.jpg

Edited by ElbowMack187
Spelling eror
  • Props 2

No . I'm 25 and my mom still hates illegal graff.

With the internet you dont need to do it......

Wait till you old enough for them not to have to pay your fines . if you get caught befor you old enough to pay for the damage yourself  your parents will have too .. 

Do stickers . if you really wanna do any thing like that there easy to put up and people will see them and when your young you'll most likely have to peel it off if your caught puting it up . but it takes a half a second. To slap a sticker . where a hand style can take 5 -15 seconds . for the more completcated hands with all the extras .. And for like painting in the streets you just can't tell them bro or show them or nithing dont post it ethier. Keep it on the street or on the internet mixing both has been potentialy bad in the past for really up heads .

Like hansle and grettle dont leave a trail ..... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ElbowMack187 said:

So I went with 8 4x8 ply wood stood them the tall way and framed it off with 2x4 from tree to tree . you dont need to do all that . you can get two and a few 2x4. And make like a sing frame with a sheet on each side so can paint them both or put them side by side . 2 sheets give you a 8x8 foot painted square . 

1247924_4646ae904ddc7e94eaac4eae4443274c.jpg

1247923_c949d8642c09a907c6c5caf154b1ee52.jpg

Now go buy some cheap canvas and wrap that shit in it..Unless you want that wood absorbing most of your paint every time 

• Like 1

I didnt think about that ,thats a great idea .Fist couple times painting it it does absord all the paint .  .can also get the returned buckets of paint for close to nothing compared to a fresh bucket . people throw out good bucket paint all the time too.   And give it away free on craiglist lol 

Repost but the most recent thing painted . 

i should paint this weekend if I dont got work 

20190915_184716.jpg

@Limeliciouz

I didn’t say you had to do them pointing outward, I said that was the general rule. What I mentioned previously was:

the general rule is to use them coming off the sides of your piece as a way of protecting it from pieces around it, but there's no hard rule saying you can't have arrows pointing up or down, or angled... whatever”

The way Peng is using the single arrow is his way of saying “check this out”. Writers do this with pieces, with throw-ups, and with tags. Generally, not always, but generally, arrows are used as protection, though. If you were to look through a handful of photos of pieces with arrows you’d find that most are pointing outward, away from the letters. 

That Peng simple is pretty nice, though. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 7:12 AM, Giant said:

Quick little Sunday sketch. Not exactly how I wanted it to look but better than my last.

9FB7E446-E296-441F-AEEC-5745B166C7E7.jpeg

I don’t think this will help but I figured I’d share anyway. I know you’ve said it a few times before but I’ll go ahead and agree with you, now... that D to O is a tough connection. Have you ever thought about trying a backwards P?

6A52C507-0C94-4C3E-A249-14539FE74FBC.jpeg

3 hours ago, Joker said:

I don’t think this will help but I figured I’d share anyway. I know you’ve said it a few times before but I’ll go ahead and agree with you, now... that D to O is a tough connection. Have you ever thought about trying a backwards P?

6A52C507-0C94-4C3E-A249-14539FE74FBC.jpeg

That would make it a q though right lol maybe I should try a lower case d

Edited by Giant

7 hours ago, Giant said:

That would make it a q though right lol maybe I should try a lower case d

Nah, that would make it a backwards P. A (capital) Q would be an O with a line at the bottom right descending below the baseline, and a (lowercase) q has the x-height above the baseline, and descender below with a little kicker that juts out to the right at the bottom (though not always). Being that you're using all capital letters I don't think it would be confusing to do a backwards P... but that's just me. I'm weird. I mean, if you look through my old Flickr account you'll see I did/do a lot of weird shit with my letters, especially with my drawings.  

I guess my thought is - don't be afraid to try something different. It might work, it might not, but don't be afraid to try. I constantly do weird shit... backwards letters, upside down letters, letter overtop another letter, letter coming out of another letter... just playing with how one letter best relates to the letter next to it. Where and how it nestles into it. 

The reason I brought it up was a backwards P could nestle into the side of your N really well... at least with this sketch.

(excuse the crude sketch... hard to draw with a mouse)

PN.jpg

• Like 1

Ok cool yer iv been a little demotivated lately as didn’t feel I was getting much further and the demotivating is making me lazy With it. Anyways a few scribbles with a lower case d I’ll keep pushing it and see where I end up but I’m determined to make it work016BB20E-B70B-4385-8201-DEB2DC5655B6.thumb.jpeg.1dcf39ab3db1c2ceb4d7ca7a2685c843.jpeg

@Giant-  Yeah, been there many, many times. Happens to everyone, but the good news is you will eventually have a "Eureka!" moment that inspires you to keep going and push yourself even further. 

Looking at your sketches up there I can see some good ideas coming through the quick studies. Figuring out ways to fill in that empty space between the P and N. One I see in a few of  your sketches that works really well is to bring that left bar of the N down and kick it out to the left to fill in the empty space, like I've done below.  

PNDO.jpg

• Like 4